PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 inch rear speaker installation (photos)

logman
04/25/2008, 12:41 PM
OK, last night I stayed up late getting this done, and it actually went together without any issues. If you are installing rear speakers, and are iffy about where to cut the brackets, and are installing Infinity 6022si's (shallow mount) these pictures should help you. If you cut where I did, there shouldn't be any issues.

Also, I re-used the old nuts from the cutouts as I thought they would hold better than the ones that shipped with the speakers (I like to keep things stock :)). All in all, it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be.

Enjoy! PICS BELOW!

http://picasaweb.google.com/joel.theo

etlsport
04/25/2008, 02:23 PM
cool! very well done! mine didnt look nearly that clean:thumbup:

Mark B
04/28/2008, 01:13 PM
How did you get such a clean cut when you modified the speaker bracket.
What did you use to cut the bracket?

logman
05/05/2008, 02:23 PM
You can see in one of the photo's that I used a small cutoff wheel. It allowed me to control the wheel and make a circular motion to etch the metal. I did that a few times, and made the etch deeper each time, finally cutting through the metal.

The large grinder is so powerful and heavy, I found myself cutting more off than I wanted, which is why I used the small cutoff wheel.

In the end, it does not matter that much since you will never see the bracket :)

I just wanted to make it look perty :)

Rene M
05/11/2008, 10:40 PM
very nice job, mine also did not come out that well.