PDA

View Full Version : Input on this idea for exhaust pipe?

Joe Isuzu
05/03/2008, 06:43 AM
If you've been following my exhaust thread, I will be getting a replacement muffler soon. While I was looking around, I saw this:
http://www.car-stuff.com/carparts/isuzuvehicross19992001mbrpm79pt10011.html
It's supposed to be 3' long and 4" wide. I figred if I was doing the muffler, I might as well do something else while I'm at it. Supposedly, you can put this behind the cat or behind the resonator. I've not looked underneath yet to actually measure if 3' works for the VX or if they're "optimistic", but I wanted to get ya'lls input if any of you have experience with this. I'm not the most computer-savy guy out there, so if the link doesn't work, it's listed on car-stuff.com and the part number is M79PT1001. Thanks for any input you can provide.
On a different note, I'm at 279 miles with a little under 1/4 tank left. I think I may break 300 miles on a tank!! Honestly, I'm not sure if it's the freer-flowing muffler or the fact that it's loud I'm even more sensitive to the throttle. :)

kobie
05/03/2008, 11:15 AM
Is it truly your sensitivity to the pedal the reason you are getting great mileage? I have tried/ am trying everything but this to improve my mileage and amputating my heavy foot will be the last of my options.

Joe Isuzu
05/03/2008, 02:06 PM
admittedly most of that was highway mileage, but it wasn't like I was going 55, more like 70-75, either way, I didn't want to give credit solely to the magnaflow (which may in fact be the case) b/c I knew I was driving even more gingerly now that the freer (??) flowing muffler is on
I also changed front and rear axle fluids, which is seeming to be a joke compared to my transmission fluid change ordeal...

Ldub
05/03/2008, 03:00 PM
I'd save your money...there isn't a straight run of exhaust that long anyway...even if it DID do what they claim.:_wrench:

Joe Isuzu
05/03/2008, 04:31 PM
I was fiddling with the transmission work today and I will have to agree with Ldub, I didn't see a 3' straight section anyway. Money saved. Thanks guys!

Triathlete
05/03/2008, 06:42 PM
Just looks like more shiney $h!t to crush on the rocks! :smack:
By the way, I exceed 300 miles per tank petty much every tank...with lift, bigger tires and the only engine mod is a K&N air filter and mobil1 oil. And I don't exactly baby it to get it!

Joe Isuzu
05/04/2008, 08:25 AM
well, judging by the other people who post here, you should consider yourself very lucky with respect to your gas mileage

tom4bren
05/06/2008, 08:54 AM
"I'll say it before tom4bren does... "YAY! Another .1% increase in throttle repsonse!""

Now if I could just find a 'smiley' gettin struck by lightning.