PDA

View Full Version : HELP.....like now.

MSHardeman
05/03/2008, 01:00 PM
I am in the middle of a big project weekend. I am replacing all four rotors, all brake pads, painting the calipers, and installing the stainless steel brake lines. Right now my little girl has her butt up in the air with both rear wheels off, and I am trying to find the best place to support the front end of the car.

It will be easier to paint all four calipers while they are off of the car as the caliper paint sets up within a couple of hours.

Where is the best place to jack up the font end of of the VX (I am guessing front pumpkin even though it is off center), and where is the best place to put the jack stands?

Thanks for any input.

Triathlete
05/03/2008, 01:15 PM
Jack on the cross member and stands on the frame rails as far forward as possible. Also make sure you are on level ground! Have fun!:cool:

MSHardeman
05/03/2008, 04:56 PM
Worked like a charm Billy. THANKS.

I'm VERY sorry to hear about you missing Moab, by the way, but I'll see you next year for sure.

Mark

Triathlete
05/03/2008, 06:35 PM
Glad it workd for you...got pics of your work?
Barring any unforseen catastrophies I will be there...I am in the process of taking care of any future "accident" damage (front/rear rock bumper, rock sliders, skid plate):bgwo: