PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Sound

Pepino
05/06/2008, 04:05 PM
you know the alarm sound that sounds everytime you lock or unlock the doors?
Well a few minutes ago when i was locking or unlocking i dont remember exactly but it only sounded one time and it sounded like it died, now it wont make a sound at all.
anyone can help me with this?
thanks

etlsport
05/06/2008, 06:00 PM
leave it alone for a bit.. probably will fix itself.. anytime i go to VX meets all of those beeps sound different, some of them even change from beep to beep

mdwyer
05/06/2008, 06:24 PM
There's a PDF manual available somewhere, but this might be the part you need:

BUZZER OPERATION MODE

The factory setting for the buzzer mode is buzzer ON. Selecting the buzzer OFF mode only affects the buzzer operation during remote arming and disarming.

To change the buzzer operation mode, follow the steps below:

1) Sit in the driver seat with all doors and the tailgate window closed. (Tailgate window??)

2) Press and release the remote control's top button once to lock the doors, then once again to unlock the driver door only.

3) Open the driver door only.

4) Insert the key into the ignition switch and turn it to "ON" (not "ACC") 5 times (LOCK=>ON=>OFF=>ON=>OFF=>ON=>OFF=>ON=>OFF=>ON) within a 10 second period.

o The buzzer chirps once.
o The vehicle's marker lights and parking lights will flash once.
o The status indicator LED will turn on for 30 seconds.

--YOU MUST PERFORM THE NEXT STEPS WITHIN 30 SECONDS--

5) Select the operation mode

BUZZER OFF
A) Close the driver door
B) Turn the ignition switch off
o The buzzer chirps once
o The marker lights and parking lights flash once

BUZZER ON
A) Close the driver door, then open and close it again.
B) Turn the ignition switch off
o The buzzer chirps twice
o The marker lights and parking lights flash twice

Pepino
05/06/2008, 08:04 PM
well its been more than 12 hours and it didnt fix by itseld so tomorrow ill try all the other steps because its still not making any sound at all

pbkid
05/06/2008, 10:03 PM
sorry, dont mean to thread jack but...

does anyone know how to program a remote to our VX??

basically when i bought my VX, the guy who sold it to me gave me an extra key fob and i lost my original one...

so i dug out my alternate one but it doesnt work, the LED lights up on the remote but the car doesnt give the correct signal...

instead of chirping like stock it gives a longer quieter beep at a really low volume for around 10 to 20 seconds then turns off....almost like a whine...

Ldub
05/07/2008, 05:53 AM
well its been more than 12 hours and it didnt fix by itseld so tomorrow ill try all the other steps because its still not making any sound at all

Don't sweat it...it'll start working again sooner or later, after four years of ownership, you get used to the "quirkyness" of the beeper that works when it wants to...:smilewink
I was just thinking to myself the other day, that mine has been working for a long time without any malfunctions...of course it quit working within hours of that thought...:rolleyesg

sorry, dont mean to thread jack but...

basically when i bought my VX, the guy who sold it to me gave me an extra key fob and i lost my original one...

so i dug out my alternate one but it doesnt work, the LED lights up on the remote but the car doesnt give the correct signal...

instead of chirping like stock it gives a longer quieter beep at a really low volume for around 10 to 20 seconds then turns off....almost like a whine...

I have the instructions printed out, & will bring them with me to Moab.:_wrench: Bring your extra fob along & we'll get it programmed.
Or do a forums search for "key fob" if you want to do it before then.

taylorRichie
05/07/2008, 07:42 AM
up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, A, B, Start.

While holding down the brake.

don moore
05/07/2008, 09:02 AM
good one taylorichie lol

mdwyer
05/07/2008, 05:32 PM

Well, I can't find it in either the alarm manual or the tech manual. However, this thread (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=10572) says how.

Rene M
05/09/2008, 02:29 PM
Not join the thread jacking but.
I need another key fob my last and only one just gave it up.
Any one have one or does the dealer still sell them?
Thank you for your time.

Pepino
05/10/2008, 03:14 PM
My alarm is still not making any sound, i followed the steps but everything works but the sound.
Last time it died in the middle of the beep, is there any way that a fuse could have gone bad or something like that?

Pepino
05/20/2008, 08:25 PM
im still having some problems, still not making a sound when i lock or unlock, i tried the buzzer operation mode and still is not working, any idea what could it be?

Sprey
04/11/2009, 06:02 PM
Just to bump up this thread.
My stock alarm makes no noise at all.
I havent attempted the steps to switch the buzzer on or off.
But im mainly wondering where the siren is in the vx?

psychos2
04/11/2009, 09:45 PM
im still having some problems, still not making a sound when i lock or unlock, i tried the buzzer operation mode and still is not working, any idea what could it be?

It is probably the buzzer itself. If I remember it is on the drivers side in front of the firewall .It is wrapped in foam as has a 2 wire plug. I have replaced mine with one I bought at radioshack. shawn

Pepino
04/11/2009, 10:04 PM
ya its been almost a year and still mine is not working, it use to make a sound it doesnt make one anymore and i dont like it... where is the firewall that your talking about? if i replace it is it going to make a different noise or the one as it did before

vt_maverick
04/14/2009, 11:35 AM
Mine sounds as if it's dying even after I installed a new battery. The two beeps are rarely the same pitch, and most of the time they sound God awful.

Yet another weird issue, I mean unique feature, of the VX. :p

deermagnet
04/14/2009, 11:59 AM
The alarm arm and disarm chirper is right behind the power steering fluid reservoir. It's wrapped in foam as Shawn said. Just unplug it and test the wires with a volt meter while using the remote to be sure the part is bad. Take it to Radio Shack or wherever and tell them what you need. All you need is something that will make a noise.

http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/mgpa/vx/vx2/theftbuzzer.jpg

Mark

vt_maverick
04/14/2009, 01:13 PM
You should totally get an airhorn. That would be some funny ____!