PDA

View Full Version : Kuhmo Tires

I_Wanna_Retire
06/24/2003, 05:02 AM
Anybody using Kuhmo 265/60/18's? I tried to order from Tirerack and they called saying these are not made for the Vehicross. I believe these are OK except for a small offset to the speedometer reading. Can anybody confirm?

Thanks

driver3
06/24/2003, 05:15 AM
I'm running them now... you can't tell a tire shop what kind of car you have, first tell them the size you are buying then tell them what you're putting it on. Considering tire rack has nothing to do with the install if you are ordering them, don't worry about it, just order the size. BTW, I know they're the cheapest at tire rack, but I paid 130/ea at discounttire.com and they had a store about 2 hours from me, so no shipping and that included road hazard and mounting/balancing. These tires are awesome by the way... cornering is so much fun, not like it wasn't before, but now even more fun...

Dallas4u
06/24/2003, 07:07 AM
Dude, I'm sorry... I can't help you with the tire decision (I have 16"), but I had to post and say...

I love your handle!

RobVX
06/24/2003, 07:46 AM
I just went with the Yokohama AVS S/T's in 265/60/18. I debated going with the Kuhmo's, at Discount Tire the same size was $104/each. The Yoko's were significantly more. Personal choice, but the Kuhmo's were certainly in the running and look great. I found the size to be a good choice on the stocker 18" rims. Got more width and a tad bit more rolling diameter (without messing up the speedo too much, or having to trim the cladding on the VX).

Heraclid
06/24/2003, 02:59 PM
Not trying to act like a smart-arse here, but I believe it's spelled Kumho. And I guess I'm a bit immature because that always make me grin. :-)

jim.LR>AR
03/12/2004, 12:28 PM
I know this is an old thread but just got some 285/60 18 kumho put on . After much investigating and searching different brands and different tires and sizes I found these to compare and now they are on They are bad ars . BIG MEETS is right . someone posted they diddn't have to cut any for the hieght and someone said you did. Well 31" and the drivers side rubbs and bit the pass. doesn't. tommrow the jig saw will take it off .info from others . What I'm saying is the info From this site has been helpful in getting tires. Took 12 hours before the guy in burger king was the first to comment on how awesome they are .

jayfotos
03/12/2004, 01:03 PM
I got Toyo's for my 18's....there more of a street tire, I'm in AZ. not much call for all weather or snow tires.

Make sure you research you tire shops, I paid $650 installed....but I get free tire rotation every oil change and replacement if anything should happen to them......that right there is $40 a shot at my dealer for the rotation.

TDUB
03/12/2004, 01:28 PM
I'm running 275 60 17 Kumho's with no problem. Yours will be about 1\2 inch taller. At the very worst you may have to trim the cladding just a little bit, if any. Your tires are a little narrower than mine and so are your wheels if have the stock 7 inchers. I think you'll be fine!

TW:D

jim.LR>AR
03/12/2004, 04:11 PM
they are wide and with the stock rims they buldge out to protect the rims. The research I had saidd the treadwear was 300 on the yoko's and 420 on the kumho's. I loved the tread design and outside look of the avs st yoko. light off road " hardly ever" I really didn't see any need for loud mudders.