PDA

View Full Version : Confrontation with a Cadillac SRX crossover

kodiak
05/30/2008, 10:41 AM
There’s a twisty winedy on ramp I like to fast sometimes. Its 21st s on to 201 west. So last night I did it got up to the speed limit then I look in my rear view mirror and see another SUV coming up to me fast. I thought it mite be the fuzz, I wasn’t to worried I didn’t break any lows. I look a little closer and see a Cadillac badge it slows down and starts changing lanes back and forth behind me.
I thinking its another WTFIT encounter, so I decide to show him something. I come up to the 201 to 215 interchange with out slowing. I had my GtechPro setup so I can monitor the turn. I look behind me and the Cadillac is right on my tail. I hit the interchange I was maintaining .8 Gs throughout the turn. I look behind me, the Cadillac is not as close now. I get on to 215. Well the person in the Cadillac was really exited now, it came up along side me like he or she was trying to look in the VX. I give them a smile and get off on my exit. I looked up the Cadillac last night. It was a 2008 Cadillac SRX It had new tags on it and it was fast. I felt kind of stupid for showing off like that it was kind of the same feeling I had when I had to catch up to you guys in Moab. :p

So-CalVX
05/30/2008, 10:48 AM
sweet... For a second there I thought u had wrecked the VX. But I'm glad it was jus sum fun.
I had a similar interaction with one of those new Audi Q8's a couple months ago... First time I pushed the bee past 100mph. Fun fun fun

kodiak
05/30/2008, 10:59 AM
sweet... For a second there I thought u had wrecked the VX. But I'm glad it was jus sum fun.
I had a similar interaction with one of those new Audi Q8's a couple months ago... First time I pushed the bee past 100mph. Fun fun fun

Be careful, You are spam in a can at that speed! The only time I ever went that fast is when I drove my baby home from Vegas. :cool:

kodiak
05/30/2008, 11:28 AM
I got spanked by a Grand Cherokee SRT-8 the other day - man, those things can move! :cool:

I bet it was in a strait line.;) The srt-8 can’t handle worth crap! Even lifted you could beat that thing on the track.

Gussie2000
05/31/2008, 07:15 PM
Hahaha tuesday i was coming back from work around 2:45 am on the I-495 here in long island,NY when all sudden this new audi quattro drove alongside & actually dust my windshield. I say to my self ! hey .....WTF ?
After scaning for any suffolk county's police highway patroll I focus to chase this guy,i adjusted my seat & begin closing,the guy saw me approaching he speed up more .My thoughts !!!!! Ok,let's do it !!!!!

The damn highway was empty.no cars around,my toy make it over 110 mph in just 20 seconds (never though the VX was really so f..... fast though)the guy on the audi tried to keep the pace,i told my self,well,let me give him a break,he got closed & that was it,time to show him (& to my self)what a VX is capable of.

He give me a bye,bye sign,laugh at me & speed up,all suddently he saw a kaiser silver rocket-on-wheels flashing lights demanding him to move out of the f..... way hehehehehe.
Guys i never have droved so fast in my entire life 'till that day,i knew the VX were fast,but never so,so f...... fast :p & this guy also knew he has no chance with his brand-new audi :p

I trully doubt i'll ever drive so fast again the rest of my life

So-CalVX
06/01/2008, 01:07 PM
yeah, I'm granny drivin now.
But I did test my 0-60 time multiple times at 10 seconds flat.

alanbradley
06/01/2008, 02:00 PM
I believe anything short of a supercharged Range Rover Sport or Cayenne Turbo is fair game.

I love scaring the Corsa/Save crowd at roundabouts/traffic lights.

A

WormGod
06/02/2008, 07:28 AM
http://www.downfallguild.org/files/images/picard.jpg

It's a55hattery like that that allowed my insurance company to just increase my insurance $12 a month, even though I am ticket and accident free for many years now.

Not looking for any street racing arguments.... just.... don't. :(

EDIT: Re-read what I wrote here. Not my intention to sound like Grandma Jones and is actually intended to be more like a humorous elbow-to-the-ribs-warning. I was busted for street racing years ago and dont want to sound like a hypocrite, but hopefully my experience with it can be a warning that, it aint fun and it is very humiliating.