PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Wiring Problem

VXROCKET
06/02/2008, 08:36 AM
Hey everybody,
I am having problems with my passenger side headlight. It is very dim. I have checked voltage to the light and it is only 5.4volts. The drivers side headlight works fine. Voltage at it is 12.3 volts. Also my little dash light that comes on with the brights, doesn't work anymore either. Has anyone else run into this before that knows what is going on? Also does anyone know where I can get a wiring schematics for these cars?
Thanks,
Tony
Indiana

rowhard
06/02/2008, 08:52 AM
Look under downloads/manuals, the electrical and workshop manual is there for downloading, it's in a PDF format so you will need adobe reader, it is a free download if you don't have it.

etlsport
06/02/2008, 08:55 AM
check the engine bay fuse box and find the relays for the headlights, if i remember correctly there are separate fuses and relays for each side, try switching them to see if that has any effect, if the problem changes sides, you know its a relay or fuse problem

VXROCKET
06/02/2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks guys, I found the downloads and I will check the fuses and relay out tonight when I get home.
-Tony

VXROCKET
06/03/2008, 06:08 AM
Got the light fixed. Was just a burnt fuse. Got lucky this time. Thanks for your help.
-Tony