PDA

View Full Version : Firestone Lifetime Alignment - $129.99 - Trouble though...

taylorRichie
06/15/2008, 09:18 PM
Hey Guys,

I installed my HD Tie-Rods and finally got it in for an alignment... It was actually tracking and driving great w/out but of course The tires wouldn't have worn even.

Anyway, took it in, they estimated 45 minutes to an hour... at 1 hour 15 minutes I decided to leave it with them I had to get out of town... My brother picked it up for me. I've been driving it for two days, and the alignment feels horrible and scary even.

If I have any sort of speed, and have to decelerate for a stop light the car Pulls really hard to the right, and I have to correct the pull by turning fairly hard to the left. Also if I have to make a 90º turn it feels like the steering has to "take up slack" before the turn engages. The car doesn't feel at all like the slot car it was before.

What could they have done? Any suggestions for when I drop it off in the morning? The way it handles makes me nervous.

I flipped my Ball Joints, so I'd assume alignment shouldn't 'be an issue for them... And my paperwork says it's aligned...

---------------

on another note, they gave me $50 off the lifetime alignment!! Not sure if it's a sale going on or what, but you guys might want to check it out. I'm excited to have it because I'll be able to take it back every 6 months or so, just for a checkup...

$129.99

Kenny
06/16/2008, 10:30 AM
Take it back and try again.
I also guess you've taken a peak at the HD tie rods to make sure the tightening nuts didn't come loose or shift at all...

To do it right on mine, they had to deflate the tires to get the equipment on the rims... Probably doesn't apply to you; but if a noob tried to align your rig, she may have missed something...

Take it back.

Hey Guys,

I installed my HD Tie-Rods and finally got it in for an alignment... It was actually tracking and driving great w/out but of course The tires wouldn't have worn even.

Anyway, took it in, they estimated 45 minutes to an hour... at 1 hour 15 minutes I decided to leave it with them I had to get out of town... My brother picked it up for me. I've been driving it for two days, and the alignment feels horrible and scary even.

If I have any sort of speed, and have to decelerate for a stop light the car Pulls really hard to the right, and I have to correct the pull by turning fairly hard to the left. Also if I have to make a 90º turn it feels like the steering has to "take up slack" before the turn engages. The car doesn't feel at all like the slot car it was before.

What could they have done? Any suggestions for when I drop it off in the morning? The way it handles makes me nervous.

I flipped my Ball Joints, so I'd assume alignment shouldn't 'be an issue for them... And my paperwork says it's aligned...

---------------

on another note, they gave me $50 off the lifetime alignment!! Not sure if it's a sale going on or what, but you guys might want to check it out. I'm excited to have it because I'll be able to take it back every 6 months or so, just for a checkup...

$129.99

Baldwin
06/16/2008, 09:31 PM
Yeah, I got the lifetime alignment at Firestone several years ago for $149. I've had it checked 2x/year since so I'm guessing I've had it checked about 8 times now. most of the time the adjustments were minor. Only 2 or 3 times it was perfect and still ok.