PDA

View Full Version : VX Tri state & PA area meeting

Gussie2000
08/04/2008, 06:52 PM
I don't know if happened in the past but is possible to have a tri-state & PA meeting ( New york,Connecticut,New jersey & Pennsylvania)

It shall be nice having a cook out some where in NJ or NY

Hey guys are all of you up for this on a saturday or sunday around july ?

circmand
08/04/2008, 11:11 PM
Maybe Quad State?

Gussie2000
08/05/2008, 05:35 PM
Maybe Quad State?

Oh yes,i realized just after pensilvannia came into my mind :p

twistedsymphony
09/28/2008, 05:55 PM
depending on how far south this is and how many people are planning on attending I might consider making the drive down from NH

Gussie2000
12/21/2008, 05:39 PM
OK guys,we all know that time goes by very fast so it's time to discuss about the best location to spend a nice time together.

State of new jersey offers the best locations because of its geografical position between NY,PA & CT,so all the attending VX'ers shall drive the same average distance;Some where in the northen area should be fine so all inputs are welcome.

I've spent time sending PM's every day to most of the VX'ers that had activity login in the last 6 months living in our states assuming that they'll received those PM's & login to respond.

So far few of us had confirmed,others are considering join us,such as twistedsymphony who's willing to drive down fron NH to be with us.

I hope more fellow VX'ers join us while time runs by & the due date comes closer & feel encouraged too.

There's many of us living close each other;July seems to be the perfect month but we can change that if is difficult for a considerable amount of us to make it.

Again,please make all inputs about locations that can be considered.

Best regards :)

Spike
01/07/2009, 01:12 AM
I've helped or organized some meets...

KahunaVille (now closed) in Wilmington DE for a car show in 04
Valley Forge PA in 06
and most recently, a recurring '3rd friday' car show at a dealer literally around the corner from my house in Newtown Square during the summers in 07/08

How does Atlantic City sound for a meet up area?

tom4bren
01/07/2009, 06:18 AM
I would be more likely to attend one in Valley Forge or Gettysburg but that may not be ideal for the largest attendance.

Gussie2000
01/07/2009, 04:21 PM
I've helped or organized some meets...

KahunaVille (now closed) in Wilmington DE for a car show in 04
Valley Forge PA in 06
and most recently, a recurring '3rd friday' car show at a dealer literally around the corner from my house in Newtown Square during the summers in 07/08

How does Atlantic City sound for a meet up area?

Atlantic city sounds nice !

Do you have any nice special spot there to hang out ?

Gussie2000
02/03/2009, 06:42 PM
Hi guys !

I was doing some home work & googling the state of NJ searching for good spots we can held our meeting.

I have not much of anknowledge of NJ but can any one who lives there share some tips about the delaware river area ?

I believe there is few places suitable for us such as restaurants,open barbecues areas,shopping centers,etc.

Also proposing the meeting day on sunday the 19th,or sunday the 25th of july.

Again,all inputs & proposals are welcome guys.

Spike
02/04/2009, 02:22 AM
Hi guys !

Also proposing the meeting day on sunday the 19th,or sunday the 25th of july.

Again,all inputs & proposals are welcome guys.

Get out of my head! I was just thinking of revisting this thread the other day but got distracted by something shiny...

I want to get back to the Simeone Foundation museum, now that I have a better digital camera than I had last fall.

It is simple to get to, just a couple minutes from the Philadelphia Int'l Airport.

They welcome car meets and cruises with open arms.

And if you want to see some amazing automotive history, it's the place to go.

Read about it here:
http://www.simeonefoundation.org/

It has only been open since July of last year, and so far Carroll Shelby, Jay Leno and Mario Andretti (just to name a few) have been there

Afterwards we could find food either in the city, or the burbs ...

Thoughts?

VehiGAZ
02/04/2009, 11:35 AM
Matamoras, PA - it's by the Delaware River at the corner of NY/NJ/PA. Very easy to get to from CT as well.

It's a little hill-billy, but they have fireworks - the good kinds...

hyperkid
02/23/2009, 12:16 PM
I'm way down here in MD - we should get a DC meet going..

Gussie2000
02/23/2009, 08:43 PM
Hi Hyper !

Why don't you join us,maryland isn't that far.

This can be even better because on your way you can catched up few fellow VX'ers so the ride don't be lonely

Gussie2000
04/21/2009, 08:06 PM
Hi guys.

I've change the date the meet was originally scheduled for the 4th to the 25th on july month after reviewing the request of fellow members for a later date.

This post goes for all members that already responded to the old thread & for new ones planning to do so please follow this new thread to update the list of attending members.

So far a good number of members has responded to this call,about 25 if i not mistaken with the hope more will join us later.

I'll sending new PM's to all members so they can be aware of the change of dates.

The location will be arrange in the following weeks,be aware it will be held in the northern NJ area because of the better & fast access from main highways such as I-78 I-280 I-287 I-87 connecting the states of new york,new jersey,connecticut & pennsylvania which seems to be very convenience for all of us.

I'll be focusing on finding a good lounge/mall/shoppin center with a huge parking lot if every body agrees to have a meal & couple of beers.

Time is running by,only 90 days away from this weekend to meet ya guys.

I hope this change doesn't hardly affects the plan each member had to attend the meet

If every thing goes as planned this meet can be done once every year the same way as other meets like moab in utah.

VehiGAZ
04/22/2009, 11:16 AM
Gussie, how about the Palisades Center Mall (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=palisades+center+Mall+ny&sll=41.069257,-73.949661&sspn=0.127606,0.354996&ie=UTF8&ll=41.099534,-73.956184&spn=0.127547,0.354996&z=12) in Nyack, NY?

Convenient to all highways - it's right on I-87/I-287, has a hubangie parking lot, and they have a Dave & Busters (http://www.daveandbusters.com/default.aspx).

Gussie2000
04/22/2009, 05:19 PM
Gussie, how about the Palisades Center Mall (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=palisades+center+Mall+ny&sll=41.069257,-73.949661&sspn=0.127606,0.354996&ie=UTF8&ll=41.099534,-73.956184&spn=0.127547,0.354996&z=12) in Nyack, NY?

Convenient to all highways - it's right on I-87/I-287, has a hubangie parking lot, and they have a Dave & Busters (http://www.daveandbusters.com/default.aspx).

That location is perfect to me,I hope the rest of the attending members likes the idea too. If they do i'll call the restaurant to arrange enough seats/tables for all of us.

There's couple of members such as blacksambo (husband & wife) from upstate NY looking foward to join us & a location near all the main highways is perfect.Probably twistedsynphony might drive down from NH according to him.

This sunday i'll spent few hours to PM all the members that already had plans to attend the meet & others still not invited informing about the new date & time.

Also proposing the arrival time around 1:00 - 2:00 Pm so every body can have time enough to prepare their self in the morning.

etlsport
04/27/2009, 06:12 PM
its a little bit of a hike for me (2.5 hours about) but i guess doable if we do an all day kinda thing, esp w/ a convoy

tom4bren
04/28/2009, 08:35 AM
It's a bit far for me - especially since we'll have just gotten back from a family vacation to Niagra Falls.

Gussie2000
04/28/2009, 06:41 PM
The location vehigaz proposed isn't bad though,but i'll still keep looking @ up state NJ to hold the meet.

I sincerely found upstate NJ the best location to hold our meet,allows all attendants to drive the same average mile/time.

VehiGAZ
05/02/2009, 07:59 AM
Why is this thread always shown as active and recently posted-to without any new posts??

Spike
05/02/2009, 08:25 AM
someone might have voted ?

Gussie2000
05/02/2009, 09:39 AM
Hi vehigaz ! i'm using using the "bump the thread" feature :o

Beavertractors
05/13/2009, 08:17 PM
:)The mall sounds good to me..Only a hour ride for me..We could meet at the bridge and convoy from this side of hudson....TonyB

Gussie2000
05/14/2009, 07:50 AM
its a little bit of a hike for me (2.5 hours about) but i guess doable if we do an all day kinda thing, esp w/ a convoy

That's a good idea though. I didn't think about a convoy ride.

Gussie2000
05/14/2009, 09:09 AM
Hello guys.
I've noticed that many of us have concerns about how many miles we got to travel in order to attend the meet.
But at the same time let's think about the opportunity not only meet with so many fellow enthusiasts living relativately close each other,but to test our true passion for this little toy of us.
Tri state & PA meet is the 1rst apttend to achieve what is seems to be the most ambicious of all past meet ever held in the north east & the success of this meet depends completely on how much we want it to succeed.

There's nothing much i want more than meeting a huge number of VX'ers in one place & having fun.
As i did before i've proposed the northern area of NJ because allows all members to drive the same average time/distance (around 2 hours) including my self which i strongly believe worth the effort.

I hope all the VX'ers whom kept their self away from this upcoming meet so far join us,the idea of more then 50+ active VX'ers living within our states & only few is willing to attend is very sad though

So make me proud of you big boys & let's get out there.

AndyC
06/01/2009, 06:59 AM
I might be game - I'm having problems with my VX due to a leaking lower intake gasket. I just have to schedule it at an Isuzu dealer to have them replace it - should be covered since I'm the original owner.

Andy

Gussie2000
06/01/2009, 07:57 AM
Hi andy !
Gret seeing you join in the crew,

That low intake leake may take couple of days to have it fixed.

See ya soon !

blacksambo
06/01/2009, 08:51 PM
What about Mahwah?

Gussie2000
06/02/2009, 07:10 AM
What about Mahwah?

Hi blacksambo!
Where's mahwah located
Share some insight

CrzyFool
06/08/2009, 12:39 AM
Dont see why not :-)

tom4bren
06/08/2009, 09:24 AM
"I'm way down here in MD - we should get a DC meet going"

I'm going to try to organize a meet in Lorton, VA later this summer. There's a nice Regional park on the Potomac. I'll bring the SeaDoos.

Sorry for the thread jack.

Gussie2000
06/08/2009, 11:03 AM
I got plans to go maryland this summer,around august

Gussie2000
06/20/2009, 08:50 PM
Hi guys !

As part of the planned meet on july the 25th i spent few hours surving the state of NJ where our meeting is to be held.

And after considering several locations i came up with the rockaway townsquare mall located in rockaway.

This spectacular mall is conveniently located near all mayor highways such as the I-80 ( Yes PA Vx'ers ) the I-280 ( Yes CT & up state NY Vx'ers ) & the I-287 ( Yes,southern NJ & NYC VX'ers ) that also connects to other interstates such as the I-78 & has plenty of parking lots to show off our rigs & a huge food court to kill that couple of hours driving hunger from our home towns & chill out there.

I hope this location is perfect for all the attendants members.

Please replay with your opinion about this location.

Thank you !
Gustavo :)

VehiGAZ
06/21/2009, 09:01 AM
Map (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Rockaway+Townsquare+Promotions&sll=40.865757,-74.588242&sspn=0.397241,0.65094&ie=UTF8&ll=40.810691,-74.392548&spn=0.795139,1.30188&z=10) of location.

Not sure if I will be able to make it, but I will try. We may be "inheriting" a sailboat that weekend...

SomeBeach
06/21/2009, 01:22 PM

Hey Hyper. I bought my VX from Baltimore. I live in VA. Maybe we can do a MD, VA, DC, and Carolina thing

Gussie2000
06/25/2009, 09:28 PM
Hi guys !

Due the lack of quorum so far i wonder if having the meeting date change can help more Vx'ers join the only three members that confirmed their assistance.

etlsport
06/25/2009, 09:31 PM
i will almost for sure be there.. just need to know exactly when and where

Gussie2000
06/26/2009, 04:45 AM
i will almost for sure be there.. just need to know exactly when and where

Hi eric !

The location is the rockaway townsquare mall in rockaway,NJ on july the 25th

However eric,if members from CT and/or upstate NY doesn't confirm their assistance we can move the meet at a lower NJ location.

I wanted to be flexible with the location & date,the rockaway townsquare mall is in a "neutral" area based on most of the current members location throughtout the tri state & PA area.

The average time most of the members shall drive is 90 minutes;Arrival time shall be around 2:00 / 3:00 which allows you guys enough time in the morning to have any pending errands done.

If no Ct/upstate NY members assist to the meet the location can be the englishtown auto racepark which will have some drag racing & car show performing that day according to their website's calendar.

Here's the link to the autoraceway park http://racewaypark.com :yesy:

etlsport
06/26/2009, 05:54 AM
i will almost without a doubt be there.. its about 2.5 hours for me though so ill probably drive out early morning and find something to do in the area before the meet if anyone wants to try getting together earlier... convoys welcome too!

Gussie2000
06/26/2009, 11:16 AM
That is fine for me too eric.
I can catch with you & any other PA VX'ers willing to ride along with you from PA somewhere in central NJ so we can do some convoying.

Otto
06/29/2009, 06:35 PM
It looks like most definitly going and can meet VXers coming up from PA, since I am central NJ

Gussie2000
06/29/2009, 07:12 PM
It looks like most definitly going and can meet VXers coming up from PA, since I am central NJ

Nice to hear that otto.

Keep in mind the meet is rockaway,off course we can catch up on the way up to the mall :p

etlsport
06/29/2009, 08:15 PM
got the OK on the day off:thumbup:

Gussie2000
06/30/2009, 03:52 PM
got the OK on the day off:thumbup:

Nice ! :yesgray:

etlsport
07/02/2009, 04:12 AM
roll call! so who is planning to attend for sure?

also do we have specific plans? meeting at the mall around 2-3 i guess, i will probably go out there much earlier, like 9-10 just to explore a bit and to space my drive out a little more, so i would be up for a much earlier meet

but as far as ideas, i was thinkin if theres a park or somethin local we could do a lil bbq if anyone would be interested in that, we'd have to coordinate a potluck style thing where everyone brought something

could also find some good locations for photo ops for next years calendar?

id be up for doing some light modding as well, not too much on a VX i havent taken apart in some way so id be willing to help out with some mods while were all together too

Gussie2000
07/02/2009, 05:24 AM
roll call! so who is planning to attend for sure?

also do we have specific plans? meeting at the mall around 2-3 i guess, i will probably go out there much earlier, like 9-10 just to explore a bit and to space my drive out a little more, so i would be up for a much earlier meet

but as far as ideas, i was thinkin if theres a park or somethin local we could do a lil bbq if anyone would be interested in that, we'd have to coordinate a potluck style thing where everyone brought something

could also find some good locations for photo ops for next years calendar?

id be up for doing some light modding as well, not too much on a VX i havent taken apart in some way so id be willing to help out with some mods while were all together too

Can't be better,i'll check this week end what can we do on a earlier time.

If 2:00/3:00 is kind of late then let's get together earlier.

Whatever is the best for all of us i'm on it !

Mr.Badguy
07/02/2009, 08:02 PM
I have a few locations for photo ops as i live near the location we are going to meet at. be it waterfalls and maybe a couple of over looks, and include the highest point in New Jersey. Let me know what you want... from the location it would be an one hour drive to the scenic northern part of the state. if we go along the delaware river there is a good chance to observe Bald Eagles. I hope we can make this get together to happen. Sounds like fun.

Also wondering about food. there is a large food court there at the mall, along with a Sizzlers, Fatburger, a mexican restaurant, and Olive Garden..and a few other eateries. We could reserve tables, or wing it on our own.

Gussie2000
07/02/2009, 08:44 PM
I have a few locations for photo ops as i live near the location we are going to meet at. be it waterfalls and maybe a couple of over looks, and include the highest point in New Jersey. Let me know what you want... from the location it would be an one hour drive to the scenic northern part of the state. if we go along the delaware river there is a good chance to observe Bald Eagles. I hope we can make this get together to happen. Sounds like fun.

Also wondering about food. there is a large food court there at the mall, along with a Sizzlers, Fatburger, a mexican restaurant, and Olive Garden..and a few other eateries. We could reserve tables, or wing it on our own.

Hmmmm.
To me it sounds fantastic & thanks for sharing those tips.
With so many things we can do that day i definetly believe we should meet early so we can have a lot of activities going to keep us busy.

Let us choose a location so we can all get there & from there go convoying to desired places.

My camera's memory is already empty to caught all those moments. :p

etlsport
07/07/2009, 06:44 AM
:bump::dan_ban: big time lookin forward to this.. most vxs ive seen in one place is 5.. hoping for lots more this time!

CrzyFool
07/12/2009, 09:16 PM
Do we have a definite date time and place yet? I need to do some work to the VX so she is ready for public viewing. She doesn't get out much . . . only 30k miles.

Gussie2000
07/13/2009, 06:54 AM
Do we have a definite date time and place yet? I need to do some work to the VX so she is ready for public viewing. She doesn't get out much . . . only 30k miles.

Yes we do.
The rockaway townsquare mall in rockaway,upstate NJ on the 25th.
The time was 2:00/3:00 but we decide get way earlier.
We have plans to convoy from central NJ.
If you want both of us can catch up in queens & cross the hudson together.
What you say ?

Gussie2000
07/13/2009, 07:45 PM
Tonight spend couple of hours sending more PM's to more active members.

The call if for all NJ,NY,CT & PA members,but other state members are all welcome

12 days away for our 1rst great meet to take place :clap::dance::clap:

etlsport
07/14/2009, 08:18 AM
looking forward to it.. my plan is to leave here around 9am so i should hopefully be in the area around 11-1130, not sure of my plans once im in the area but if anyone wants to try to caravan or meet up out there before lunchtime feel free you can give me a call

three oh one six oh six four nine seven nine

thru da lungs
07/15/2009, 06:28 AM
Most VX's I've seen in one place is ONE.... I always spot one when I'm in my pick-up .... . so I can't wait to see some of the mods you guys did. Outside of my wheels it's bone stock....
So I'm looking thru some of the profiles here ..... I am by far the Geezer of the group! ..... I'm thinking now ..maybe I shouldn't be driving this thing:confused:

I'm about 15- 20 minutes from the mall if anyone wants to get together before let me know. I'm on 23 north right at the intersection of 287.
Anyone coming from the North (NY State, Conn, etc...) will be passing by me anyway. I can throw some burgers and dogs on the grill before we head over:)

Gussie2000
07/15/2009, 07:23 AM
Most VX's I've seen in one place is ONE.... I always spot one when I'm in my pick-up .... . so I can't wait to see some of the mods you guys did. Outside of my wheels it's bone stock....
So I'm looking thru some of the profiles here ..... I am by far the Geezer of the group! ..... I'm thinking now ..maybe I shouldn't be driving this thing:confused:

I'm about 15- 20 minutes from the mall if anyone wants to get together before let me know. I'm on 23 north right at the intersection of 287.
Anyone coming from the North (NY State, Conn, etc...) will be passing by me anyway. I can throw some burgers and dogs on the grill before we head over:)

Good,having a local VX'er is a huge advantage.
From the north so far the only member looking to join us is ANDY C from sharon,CT.his status is "may be" so probably next week he'll be sure if he's coming down.
Hope to see more VX'ers joining us;We shall be no less then 20 of us causing a huge conmotion in NJ.
If you want send a PM to ANDY C let him know about your proposal.
I'll be heading to NJ at 9:00 & willing to cross the hudson river with any VX'er in NYC together;We can meet up at a convenient location in manhattan,then catch up with other VX'ers from central/south NJ & PA members to make one stop & re-check our rigs to complete the rest of the trip.
Here's my cell guys : 718 314 3767 Please don't hesitate to buzz me,my cell is on 24/7.
( GUSTAVO )

The idea is all members make the the trip to rockaway at noon.
Very important :
This is family friendly reunion so wife,kids,friends & pets are all welcome to came along with.

Thanks !

Shawn Seeback
07/20/2009, 02:56 PM
Hey if you guys wouldnt mind, you think i could meet you anyway evan thought the VX will be at home up on jack stands? I would be driving in my Toyota Tacoma, well if not kool let me kno?

Mr.Badguy
07/20/2009, 03:07 PM
the response to this event is pretty incredible.
Why haven't we done this before? or maybe we have and i just don't know it.
The time now is noon on Saturday? just want to confirm.

I'm really looking forward to this rally.

etlsport
07/20/2009, 03:12 PM
ill be spending most of the day out there, so noon is a good time to meet up..

shawn, by all means come out even if you wont be in your vx, why will it be on jackstands though?

KeithVXlvr
07/20/2009, 03:35 PM
Good luck out there guys.

The Pacific Northwest VX Meet was a great time. We had 11 VX's. (And now we are getting anther one scheduled.)

The more the better. Any of you VX'ers out there who are listed as maybe or have not yet decided, or have decided no. You need to get involved it will be a great day and you will not be sorry.

Have fun.

Shawn Seeback
07/20/2009, 03:55 PM
ill be spending most of the day out there, so noon is a good time to meet up..

shawn, by all means come out even if you wont be in your vx, why will it be on jackstands though?

well i had a really bad tranny leak so i figured while she's gonna be down i would put all the upgrades into her, She will be ready for the next meet i promise & she'll look stunning!!

Gussie2000
07/20/2009, 04:06 PM
well i had a really bad tranny leak so i figured while she's gonna be down i would put all the upgrades into her, She will be ready for the next meet i promise & she'll look stunning!!

I'm very sad to know about the tranny leak shawn.

If you can come along wth us in another ride,remember it isn't not only about our rigs but socializing & spending a good time.

Coming can light up few ideas you may want to apply to your horse,take pics,get suggestion you know,all that stuff that comes along.

Definetly next meet you'll be there with your horse,no doubts about that one.:yesy:

Shawn Seeback
07/21/2009, 03:31 PM
I'm very sad to know about the tranny leak shawn.

If you can come along wth us in another ride,remember it isn't not only about our rigs but socializing & spending a good time.

Coming can light up few ideas you may want to apply to your horse,take pics,get suggestion you know,all that stuff that comes along.

Definetly next meet you'll be there with your horse,no doubts about that one.:yesy:

Actually i am gonna show up with my Toyota tacoma, So give me a shout if you c me, TTYT

blacksambo
07/21/2009, 07:07 PM
This all sounds very commendable. We salute the prospective attendees. We are traveling to the city on Thursday for business, and to turn around and come back to Rockaway on Saturday seems a little bit tight, but it all sounds like a great chance to exchange information and appreciate an oft misunderstood vehicle. A public display of support, so to speak. If the weather is not too hot we might attempt it with one of our VX's. Thanks for creating the opportunity.

Gussie2000
07/21/2009, 07:53 PM
Actually i am gonna show up with my Toyota tacoma, So give me a shout if you c me, TTYT

Hey shawn !

Off course the tacoma is welcome. :yeso:

By noon we all shall be @ the mall if not earlier.

Also joe (london 1900) will be there too,he drives a well maintained black trooper.

Thru da lungs hopes you can still host us @ your house for a while. :o

Gussie2000
07/21/2009, 07:57 PM
This all sounds very commendable. We salute the prospective attendees. We are traveling to the city on Thursday for business, and to turn around and come back to Rockaway on Saturday seems a little bit tight, but it all sounds like a great chance to exchange information and appreciate an oft misunderstood vehicle. A public display of support, so to speak. If the weather is not too hot we might attempt it with one of our VX's. Thanks for creating the opportunity.

Great !

We looking to be @ the mall by noon.
Will be good to see ya at least for few hours & have lunch together.

My cell is already out here but here you go : 718 314 3767 so we can keep in touch.

Hope to see you on saturday !

GUSTAVO

Gussie2000
07/21/2009, 08:25 PM
I'm willing to ride along with other members coming from south/central NJ & PA to convoy our way up to rockaway saturday morning.

Some where in somerville;The somerset county court house is located on East main street in that county.From there we can go on the I-287 northbound & then join the I-80 to get to the mall.

Shawn Seeback
07/21/2009, 10:20 PM
Kool Kool! I'll cu then, You all be beasts!:evil:

thru da lungs
07/22/2009, 06:05 AM
This mall is BIG ....180 stores.
Suggest we pic a spot to meet .... Dicks Sportings Goods is kinda of down in the back away from the crowds....... we can move once we meet, perhaps find a shady spot.... So far only a 10% chance of rain high of 82:yeso:

etlsport
07/22/2009, 06:09 AM
sounds good to me.. gussie what time were u thinking? i should be passing right through somerville on my way up, so i can meet you there depending on what time

anyone thinking they would like to do some modding? i can bring tools if anyone needs help w/ any

Gussie2000
07/22/2009, 07:30 AM
sounds good to me.. gussie what time were u thinking? i should be passing right through somerville on my way up, so i can meet you there depending on what time

anyone thinking they would like to do some modding? i can bring tools if anyone needs help w/ any

Hey eric
I'll be leaving my house before 9:00.
I have to get thru the hell of the holland tunnel in low west manhattan in order get into NJ I shall be in in NJ before 10:00;The traffic in low manhattan will take most of my time getting outter NYC.
I got your number,will call you once i get into NJ.
I'll my bring tool box along with me too.
Gustavo

Otto
07/22/2009, 07:36 AM
Hey, I can meet you guys about 11am in Somerset if thats the time you were thinking about. From there it should be less than an hour to Rockaway Mall. Just let me know and I will be there.

Gussie2000
07/22/2009, 08:30 AM
Hey, I can meet you guys about 11am in Somerset if thats the time you were thinking about. From there it should be less than an hour to Rockaway Mall. Just let me know and I will be there.

You are close to somerville so meet us there otto.
I think it's time to send PM to each other with our cell numbers so we can track each other 'till we all get to the mall.

etlsport
07/22/2009, 08:45 AM
im shooting to leave around 9am.. so ill arrive in somerville between 10.30 and 11

thru da lungs
07/22/2009, 09:25 AM
Gustavo,

Not sure if the GWB is an option for you? Once you get over the bridge its a straight run on 80 west for 30 miles.

Gary

Gussie2000
07/22/2009, 09:55 AM
Gustavo,

Not sure if the GWB is an option for you? Once you get over the bridge its a straight run on 80 west for 30 miles.

Gary

Yes gary you right,the GWB is the best option.
But happy to go catch up eric & otto coming south on NJ.
Also looking out for Crzyfool who lives in long beach,LI which is located on the south shore to know if he's finally coming so both cross the holland tunnel together.
Don't know about andyC from CT if he finally is coming down as well as the other ""may be status" members if they also making their mind to get out here.

Mr.Badguy
07/22/2009, 03:12 PM
Hello all. Seems like everyone is ready for the rally day. i'm looking forward to seeing every one & their rides. Except for wheels and shocks, i'm pretty much stock so seeing everyone's version of their ride will be cool. See ya saturday!

etlsport
07/22/2009, 06:05 PM
funny enough i ran into spike today on my way to work, talked to him for a bit.. he really wants to come but has a job interview saturday morning, so hes probably a no

Gussie2000
07/22/2009, 08:04 PM
funny enough i ran into spike today on my way to work, talked to him for a bit.. he really wants to come but has a job interview saturday morning, so hes probably a no

Let's see what happens with the rest of the members with "May be" status.

Spike good luck with the interview :thumbup:

Gussie2000
07/22/2009, 08:51 PM
After searching for it i got the court house addresss located in somerville,NJ where few of us will catch up before convoy to rockaway.

Here we go : 159 grove street,somerville,NJ zip code 08876

If any of you have no GPS please print it from google map.

Again,please Send PM's with you cell # to stay in touch whilst we out there to know where others are so we lose less time.

GUSTAVO !

etlsport
07/24/2009, 06:40 AM
ok im shooting to arrive at the courthouse 10.30-11.00.. i work until late tonight then my friend is coming out so i prob wont be back on the forum til afterwards, but if anyone needs to get ahold of me or anything my number is

three oh one six oh six four nine seven nine

texting is probably easiest but calls are fine too

Eric

Gussie2000
07/24/2009, 07:48 AM
Unfortunately hamilcar will not be able to make it so one less one to book tomorrow.

Before hitting the road please check every thing is OK.

We know the drill:
Check all fluids.
Check tire pressure.
Check all electrical.
Not a bad idea to have a few stuff in the truck such as:

1 touch light
2 screw driver set
3 Pliers
4 Socket & wrench kit
5 Couple of engine oil bottles
6 Hand free

And more importantly drive safe with speed limit in mind.

See ya tomorrow guys !

thru da lungs
07/24/2009, 02:32 PM
So it looks like all Silver VX's .... I was hoping for a little more color:group::group:

Have a safe trip.... see you guys tommorow.

Buy the way...if you guys have your tools we can do my timing belt and while we're in there the water pump too!!!! (lol)

Gussie2000
07/24/2009, 07:04 PM
So it looks like all Silver VX's .... I was hoping for a little more color:group::group:

Have a safe trip.... see you guys tommorow.

Buy the way...if you guys have your tools we can do my timing belt and while we're in there the water pump too!!!! (lol)

Nah,Crzyfool is coming with his black ebony. :yesb:

I'll meet him @ 9:30 near a mall in long island & catch up with eric & otto around 11:00

Mr.Badguy
07/25/2009, 06:26 PM
Just wanted to send a shout out to everyone that attended today's event. I'm already looking forward to the fall meet that we roughly talked about at the end of the day. Gustav, thank you for getting this day in the books. thank you for planning this. As soon as i get my pictures developed i'll post them. Yes i still use film cameras. oh well. see you in the fall!

etlsport
07/25/2009, 06:44 PM
good to see u guys!! heres a teaser.. more to come when im not falling asleep

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/725_meet_008.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=15243)

Gussie2000
07/25/2009, 09:25 PM
Today we took the 1rst step into what seems to be a promising again very soon get together..... :yesb:

To all attendants muchas gracias making this tri state meet possible.

Was very good seeing for the 1rst time ever that amount of horses on one spot & making new friends,sharing experiences & spending a good afternoon.

For those members who were willing to come along with us & for different reasons didn't make it also thanks.I want to highlight no CT member came to represent their state.

Weather was perfect,lots of pics (coming soon) & those burgers were tasty :_drool:

We talked about many things during our lunch at the fatburger :bla:. Drivers & people walking by were all like :wave: or :_thinking whilst we were taking shoots at the lot.

The mall is just perfect for meetings,huge parking lots & many stores/rest/lunchs to chose from,very family/friendly enviroment to enjoy for sure.

Again guys,Thanks for all the good moments.

Tri-state & PA chapter II is a must !

See ya guys very soon :yesb:

Have good night :snooz:

KeithVXlvr
07/25/2009, 11:20 PM
7 VX's... nice job East Coast. :)

Can't wait to see the pictures.

thru da lungs
07/26/2009, 10:08 AM
Gustavo, My friend......I tip my hat to you!
Good Time .......... Great group of guys!!!

I'll throw some pic's up tonight as soon as I figure out how to do it!!!
Is there a limit as to the number of pics or megabites allowed?

Gary

Gussie2000
07/26/2009, 10:44 AM
Gustavo, My friend......I tip my hat to you!
Good Time .......... Great group of guys!!!

I'll throw some pic's up tonight as soon as I figure out how to do it!!!
Is there a limit as to the number of pics or megabites allowed?

Gary

Thank you gary.

Without ya guys this couldn't happened.

Was a very nice afternoon for sure :yesgray:

Gussie2000
07/26/2009, 11:01 AM
7 VX's... nice job East Coast. :)

Can't wait to see the pictures.

Thank you keith.

Beside the traffic we encounter in our way up to rockaway every thing was smooth. :)

Otto
07/26/2009, 11:04 AM
I had a great time , can't wait for the next one.

deermagnet
07/26/2009, 04:03 PM
Nice job on the meet! The first thing I notice about the photo is NO safari bars. What's up with that? :)

The northeast VX record of twelve at Mohegan Sun still stands. Also, Brian got nine of us from five states together in PA back before vx.info was created with a Firefox as the only missing color.

Who drove the farthest and shortest distances to get there? Who had the most miles on their odo and the least?

Shoot for a few more next time, and somebody please get a safari bar!!!! :):):)

Mark

Beavertractors
07/26/2009, 04:19 PM
I had a great time...Thanks to Gustavo for putting this meet together...We should try breaking the 12 car east coast record this fall. :yesy::yesgray::yeso:..Tony

etlsport
07/26/2009, 05:11 PM
i think i drove the farthest.. 125 miles each way

Beavertractors
07/26/2009, 05:17 PM
You beat me..I was 95 miles each way,ended up with 225 miles on odmeter..Tony

thru da lungs
07/26/2009, 06:26 PM
18 miles all highway no lights.... I think I win for shortest!!!

13 or 14 is doable we should have had 9 Saturday.....
Gustavo pick a day in October...

Gussie2000
07/26/2009, 06:54 PM
18 miles all highway no lights.... I think I win for shortest!!!

13 or 14 is doable we should have had 9 Saturday.....
Gustavo pick a day in October...

Hmmmmmmm.......

The 24th seems doable to me though.

We should call this one Tri-state & PA meet (chapter II)

This time we can expect more members assisting.

good opportunity for zadam123,hamilcar,shawn & spike to join us.I can see more NY & PA members coming over.

AndyC,hotflyer are you guys up to attend this one ? Crzyfool will you come again ?

So the call is for the 24th of october ( off course having in consideration another dates in the calendar ).To all members residing in NJ,NY,Ct,PA here's another opportunity to get out there. :yesy:

Show off your ride,pride & passion for this the best PUV on the planet.

Gussie2000
07/26/2009, 07:06 PM
i think i drove the farthest.. 125 miles each way

Yes eric, you definately drove the most miles.

PA was well represented yesterday by you :yesy:

Gussie2000
07/26/2009, 07:08 PM
Nice job
Shoot for a few more next time, and somebody please get a safari bar!!!! :):):)

Mark

Hahaha !

I guess we don't have any because we lives in the civilization & there no bull poping around here that often :p LOL

AndyC
07/27/2009, 07:44 AM
Sorry I missed it guys. My VX was sitting at a marina :) Had a camping trip over the past weekend.

Gussie2000
07/27/2009, 09:47 AM
Sorry I missed it guys. My VX was sitting at a marina :) Had a camping trip over the past weekend.

Great you had a good time andy
Sorry we had no VX'er from CT to represent the state in rockaway.
Are you interested to come along in october ?.

Shawn Seeback
07/27/2009, 05:18 PM
I 2 am Very Sorry:( I still couldnt make it...i had an emergency so was not able come. I really would have loved to all of you and rides but duty calls once more!!!Its so f**kn rough latly, But im sure u dont wanna hear my yappn so i wanna c PICS:0sh*t yea!

Gussie2000
07/27/2009, 05:56 PM
I 2 am Very Sorry:( I still couldnt make it...i had an emergency so was not able come. I really would have loved to all of you and rides but duty calls once more!!!Its so f**kn rough latly, But im sure u dont wanna hear my yappn so i wanna c PICS:0sh*t yea!

Hi shawn !

Don't beat your self on it though.

We knew that something must be happened for you to miss the meet.

That's why we got this chapter II tri-state and PA meet on schedule so you and every one else can join us.

The date is the 24th of october,hope your VX is in duty by that time and if not just get your self into the tacoma & ride. :yesb:

Hope to see ya soon shawn along with other members soon

Mr.Badguy
07/27/2009, 06:20 PM
its great to see that we are already thinking about the fall meet. and it isn't all that far away.

I was also wondering how everyone is doing with their sunburn. LOL.. i know that some of us got more of a burn than others. I am actually dealing with blisters. i have never had a blistering sun burn before. Its disgusting. Tony, i know you got cooked. how are you doing?

Big clean up on my Vehicross tomorrow. i'll try to post pics of what my car should have looked like on saturday.

take care all

etlsport
07/27/2009, 07:49 PM
luckily i dont burn :dance:.. i did tan more on my left side though lol.. i completely forgot about the balloon festival.. we left around what 530-545? i got home at 915 :cryb: lots of traffic..

ive got lots of new ideas for mods now though.. and im really jonesin for some new wheels after seeing all the aftermarket wheels there, hafta stick with 18s though cause my tires are already on reserve

and now i REALLY want a sunroof... thanks otto.. im gonna be payin off my credit card forever! lol

btw just a note.. when sitting in heavy traffic i LOVE winter mode.. keeps you from idling too fast and less torque so the vx doesnt want to take off on you

Gussie2000
07/27/2009, 08:14 PM
luckily i dont burn :dance:.. i did tan more on my left side though lol.. i completely forgot about the balloon festival.. we left around what 530-545? i got home at 915 :cryb: lots of traffic..

ive got lots of new ideas for mods now though.. and im really jonesin for some new wheels after seeing all the aftermarket wheels there, hafta stick with 18s though cause my tires are already on reserve

and now i REALLY want a sunroof... thanks otto.. im gonna be payin off my credit card forever! lol

btw just a note.. when sitting in heavy traffic i LOVE winter mode.. keeps you from idling too fast and less torque so the vx doesnt want to take off on you

I'ill love to get the headliner in black,dan you got to share that info with
us,yes we envy you :p.

After looking at otto's VX the sunroof is a must.

Eric if you have any pics on how-to-do the side marker into turn signals please post when you got a chance.i want to do that mod. :o

This weekend my horse is gonna have alignment,balancing & tire rotation done.

dgl82182
09/01/2009, 12:30 PM
My name is David and I have a 01 ironman edition and would like to come out. I am from ct and would liketo come out but I have no idea what time it is and I have to rim a liquor store till 4 so Sunday Is my only free day if it's possible. Please feel free to call with more info on the meet at 203-615-4607