PDA

View Full Version : Grinding while coasting

JHarris1385
08/28/2008, 05:53 AM
Any ideas of this may be. I have noticed it seems to be a louder grind when coasting down hill. Its starting to be, once I fix one problem and another one arises.

Any advice?
Thanks.

etlsport
08/28/2008, 07:31 AM
is it something new?

I had a simliar griding sound that would come only when slowing down (coasting or braking at low speeds)
dub suggested that it might be a rock stuck between the dust shield and the rotor.. after playing with the dust shield a bit, a small pebble came flying out and ive been good ever since

JHarris1385
08/28/2008, 08:19 AM
For instance there is this hill on my comute home that I travle a good 55mph on and coast and the grinding is pretty loud. Feels like axel problems. I wish I had the $$ to just overhaul the whole front end.

LittleBeast
08/28/2008, 10:19 AM
I have the same thing that I have had ever since I lifted. I can never tell if it is from the front or the back, but it only happens when I am off the gas normally around 2k RPMs. There are lots of threads but no one has seemed to really have a clear cut answer. I will search for that one thread a while back that was helpful, but I am still wondering what mine is, but it hasn't gotten any worse and I don't feel like fixing 3 things to find out it was something completely different and not really worth worrying about. Someone once told me it might simply be the new angle of the front drive shaft on the TOD system, I don't know really.

oh I found it:
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=13537&page=2