PDA

View Full Version : noise bleed over into passenger speakers

lunaticharness
09/15/2008, 06:04 PM
currently i am having some noise coming through on the passenger door speakers.

my setup:

kenwood excelon x492
polk momo MMC6500 components in the doors
rockford fosgate p450.4 amp

i have swapped the rca's at the amp to see if it was the rca's themselves, but it remained on the passenger side. i currently have the crossovers mounted on the kickpanels just forward of the doors. the tweeters are mounted on the sail panel on the doors. the noise comes on only when the engine is running.

anyone have an idea if the components behind the passenger kick panel could be emitting some emi? or any other ideas at all?

thanks

Steven

pbkid
09/15/2008, 06:25 PM
double check your grounds....thats usually a common noise problem...

and of course make sure your RCA's are as far away from your power cable as possible...

etlsport
09/15/2008, 07:54 PM
make sure your crossover is wired properly (ie + to + )

where is your power wire to the amp run? if you are running your speaker wire too close to your power wire you could get some noise directly into the speaker wire from your power

as pb said.. make sure your RCA wires are clear of any type of power wire and when they do have to cross paths, try to do it at a 90 degree angle to cut down on noise

lunaticharness
09/19/2008, 07:56 AM
my rca's are ran on the driver side and my power wire is on the passenger side
for my amp ground, i am using one of the bolts that secure tie downs to the frame in the back
the polarity is correct on all of the wiring as well...

the only thing i can think of is that the power wire is ran along side of the speaker wiring for the passenger door...

etlsport
09/19/2008, 09:25 AM
my rca's are ran on the driver side and my power wire is on the passenger side
for my amp ground, i am using one of the bolts that secure tie downs to the frame in the back
the polarity is correct on all of the wiring as well...

the only thing i can think of is that the power wire is ran along side of the speaker wiring for the passenger door...

try re-routing the speaker wire to the passenger door.. take it down the middle of the passenger seat and across the floor board, then straight across under the carpet to the door... i had to do that with my RCA wires.. out from the head unit into the passenger foot well.. down the center of the seat and out to the amp