PDA

View Full Version : You just might enjoy this

geshaw30
09/15/2008, 11:44 PM
For those of you that wish us officers ill will as we write you a ticket (an event I find no joy in by the way) you just might get a laugh out of this.

I thought I might brighten your run of the mill mid-September Tuesday a little bit here. I beg forgivness for not sharing grins with you before now but I had forgotten I had this thing stashed away. Before you watch this video allow me to '"fill in the gaps" so to speak. The officer you are about to see is a friend of mine (we shall call him "Bill") who worked with me and retired a couple years back. This "incident" occurred as Bill stopped a lady for cutting through a parking lot to avoid a traffic light (a weak ticket at best and now a non-offense).
I want you to pay close attention to the song playing on Bill's radio as he climbs back into the car near the middle of the video- truly a message from St Michael himself via FM radio. The crashing sound is the otherwise tragic death of a fence. Finally, the audio will kick in around the 26 or 27 second mark so be patient. And in case you were wondering, yes he still finished out the traffic stop and issued the poor lady a ticket.

Enjoy but be fore warned- the language is a little strong so hide the kiddies first

http://www.guzer.com/videos/cop_car_rolls.php

VehiGAZ
09/16/2008, 05:55 AM
HAH!!! Nice video... but I couldn't hear enough of the song to tell what it was.

WormGod
09/16/2008, 07:24 AM
We need an emote of a Darwin award. :cool:

Moncha
09/16/2008, 08:51 AM
I, thank god have never done that at work. However, I have had the same type of thing happen to Ms. Moncha's 280Z after washing it. I could have sworn I had the p-brake set. :_iamwiths

zadam123
09/16/2008, 05:17 PM
yeh right, jumped out of gear, would he believe me if i told him that

Ldub
09/16/2008, 08:13 PM
HAH!!! Nice video... but I couldn't hear enough of the song to tell what it was.

Hard to hear, but I cranked it & heard...

Oh it's so nice to be witchoo...

B J Thomas???...maybe

197?

C'mon trivia fans, help me out here...:smilewink

circmand
09/16/2008, 10:19 PM
bonehead lied and actually violated a few rules that he should have been ticketed for but cops and chicks with big tits always get away with that ****

Anita
09/16/2008, 10:35 PM
Neil Diamond.. Oh its so nice to be with you...

Ldub
09/17/2008, 04:57 AM
Neil Diamond.. Oh its so nice to be with you...

Thanks Anita...my memory chip needs an upgrade..:rolleyesg

geshaw30
09/17/2008, 01:19 PM
Hey Anita- I would never begin to question your music knowledge. I'm sure you have forgotten more than I know when it comes to the harmony world :grino:. However that song in that background, Nice To Be With You, came from a one hit wonder group by the name of Gallery. It was written in 1972 where it ran up to #4 on the charts in what surely had to be a down year for music (remember- this is the same decade that brought us "Billy Don't Be A Hero" 24 months later). It was as crappy a song then as it is now.

Ldub- leave that nasty one out of the 'ol memory chip. It's bound to short out some other valuable musical tune. I've found that when stinky mixes with fresh stinky usually wins.

don moore
09/17/2008, 01:29 PM
http://www.last.fm/music/Gallery/_/Nice+to+Be+With+You

lol..great videos........hope he didnt get introuble ...lol:smilegray

geshaw30
09/17/2008, 01:59 PM
bonehead lied and actually violated a few rules that he should have been ticketed for but cops and chicks with big #### always get away with that ****

(1) Been said we do........professional courtesy
(2) Been said they do......professional curiosity

Ldub
09/17/2008, 02:30 PM
Hey Anita- I would never begin to question your music knowledge. I'm sure you have forgotten more than I know when it comes to the harmony world :grino:. However that song in that background, Nice To Be With You, came from a one hit wonder group by the name of Gallery. It was written in 1972 where it ran up to #4 on the charts in what surely had to be a down year for music (remember- this is the same decade that brought us "Billy Don't Be A Hero" 24 months later). It was as crappy a song then as it is now.

Ldub- leave that nasty one out of the 'ol memory chip. It's bound to short out some other valuable musical tune. I've found that when stinky mixes with fresh stinky usually wins.

I couldn't agree more George...the early-mid-late seventies + the whole disco era sucked rocks. The drivel that passed for popular music back in that time period made me want to emulate Van Gogh...:smilewink
Thanks for the trivia.
And yes, that one, & Seasons in the sun, by Terry Jacks (I think) should both be removed from any musical memory, by whatever means necessary.