PDA

View Full Version : Check Trans Light

Bieredalsace
10/01/2008, 09:03 AM
While taking a looong drive lost in Adirondacks State Park at night in the rain with trees blocking my GPS, all of a sudden the "check trans" light starts flashing. Also the "check engine" light was on. Next day after being shut off for over 12 hours the same lights lit up when I drove the car. I hope there is some simple answer like trans fluid needed.
Anyone out there know why this is happening?
Thanks

johnnyapollo
10/01/2008, 11:20 AM
Mine started blinking due to bad TOD sensors - hope that's not the same for you. Proprietary codes that could only be read by an Isuzu reader (my scangauge couldn't read them). Both front and rear sensors were out.

-- John

Triathlete
10/01/2008, 12:52 PM
How many miles has it been since you have changed your tranny fluid and filter? When mine came on the filter was clogged and the fluid a bit low. The code I got was for slippage. The filter and fluid change fixed it. Get the code read. Reset your computer (disconnect battery) and see if it comes back.
I have a thread on here about my woes and with a lot of suggestions from others...here it is (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=13856&highlight=transmission).

Bieredalsace
10/05/2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks Billy for the link to your other thread! With all that info I'm sure I can change my filter too. But for expediency sake I'll take it to a service place that replaced my flywheel ($1100.00..seems high to me)

Ldub
10/05/2008, 05:02 PM
But for expediency sake I'll take it to a service place that replaced my flywheel ($1100.00..seems high to me)

How long ago was this?
Is it possible that this same shop improperly filled the trans. when they put it back together?
Are you SURE you want them working on your VX again?

Inquiring minds wanna know...:smilewink

Bieredalsace
10/16/2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks Billy and John......the guy who did the flywheel wanted $275 to do a tranny flush and new fluid and filter. Sounded kinda high so I went to AAMCO and the did it for $99+ $25 extra for R&R the tranny cross brace...
All warning lights have gone out !!!!!!!!!!! Thanks guys!!!