PDA

View Full Version : I Must Be Stupid

Mark B
10/03/2008, 05:39 AM
With Isuzu pulling out of the US, I cant' believe that I purchased another Isuzu.
2001 Isuzu Rodeo Sport along with my 1999 Amigo and 2000 VX.
Bought the Rodeo Sport on E-bay and flew from Tampa to Ft. Lauderdale, picked up the Sport and drove back to tampa. Drives great. Only 28,000 for a 2001.
Out of all the vehicles I have had in my 40 years of driving, my Isuzu's have been one of the more reliable. When I have vendors delivering goods at work, they are always driving a Isuzu truck. I think Isuzu trucks are the workhorse of the industry. I just hope Isuzu will still make parts for there vehicles.

Ldub
10/03/2008, 05:48 AM
Nope...don't think so, fanatic maybe, but not stupid.:thumbup:

There are salvage yards with lots of parts to keep these little gems running for years.
Not to mention all the ones still on the road, that will be available for le$$ & le$$ as time goes on.

Just don't crunch any VX sheetmetal or glass & you should be OK.

Scott Harness
10/03/2008, 06:59 AM
Nope...don't think so, fanatic maybe, but not stupid.:thumbup:

There are salvage yards with lots of parts to keep these little gems running for years.
Not to mention all the ones still on the road, that will be available for le$$ & le$$ as time goes on.

Just don't crunch any VX sheetmetal or glass & you should be OK.

Thanks for making me feel better! Wise one:supercool

WormGod
10/03/2008, 07:10 AM
Stupid? Nah. Like Dub said, there was a time when you saw a Rodeo, Trooper, or Amigo ruling the roads the way you do with BMWs now. There is definitely no shortage of parts available. Think about it, I remember when I had my Rodeo and at least at every stop light, I would see ANOTHER. :eek: Good times.

Congrats on your buy.

Joe Isuzu
10/03/2008, 07:11 AM
congrats on the new addition to your isuzu family, now stop feeling bad and go out and enjoy that Florida weather

nfpgasmask
10/03/2008, 08:46 AM

Yeah, I think in a couple years when I have some "spare" cash, I will probably pick up another Ebony. Right now there are 10 for sale on eBay motors and another good handful of VXes on Autotrader. Some are around the $5000 mark. I would seriously love a fleet of 3 or 4 black VXes in my driveway. It would be a completely pointless and blatantly excessive, but it would be way cool.

:) Bart

rowhard
10/03/2008, 02:13 PM
and with all those Isuzu's, you can always keep one going with the other's parts

kodiak
10/05/2008, 01:16 PM
There are plenty of parts out there. I’ve bin meaning to grab 1 or 2 transmissions from a local pick and pull to have just in case. Generally if the Isuzu was in an accident before it ended up in the junkyard there’s a good chance the drive train is fine. $120 is not bad for a replacement transmission.