PDA

View Full Version : A weird window problem

ameetw
10/17/2008, 03:11 AM
Hi all,

I'm having this crazy problem, Every morning I drive the Vx, the windows work fine, then after 20 minutes, nothing works. A few hours later some times it works sometimes it doesn't. The next morning it works again, it's like it needs some cooling off time???? :confused:

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ameet

etlsport
10/17/2008, 07:32 AM
i would start checking fuses/relays first.. ive had some strange electrical problems caused by fuses that looked ok but at different temperatures would not want to work

ameetw
10/17/2008, 10:12 PM
Thanks. I've tried that already. There is however a thermal fuse there, but I can't get hold of a spare yet. I'll look around for it.

Do you know where the relay is located?

Thanks

mdwyer
10/18/2008, 11:19 AM
Thanks. I've tried that already. There is however a thermal fuse there, but I can't get hold of a spare yet. I'll look around for it.

Do you know where the relay is located?

Thanks

I'd have to look again, but I think the fuses (or self-resetting breakers) are just inside the drivers door panel, where the other fuses are. I don't remember if there were IN the fuse panel or if they were behind more plastic, but I seem to recall coming across them while I was wireing up the door popper.

Most vehicles have breakers, thermal or otherwise, on the windows. If you hold the switch for too long, they'll pop. They usually reset themselves pretty quickly, though. For a few seconds, there's a bit of a "ohmygod, did I just break it?!" panic...

Is it possible that you just need to lube up the windows? Maybe the motors have too much load on them?