PDA

View Full Version : colorado colors

pbkid
10/23/2008, 06:02 PM
hey seeing all these other meets makes me wonder why we havent done a colorado colors meet this year??

it may be slightly late but any interest?

** EDIT **

CB & Potts 6575 Greenwood Englewood, CO

http://www.google.com/mapdata?CxUdNVwCHY1sv_kgDwxAjgJIuQFSAnVzkAEDygECZW 4 (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=6575+Greenwood+englewood,+co&fb=1&cid=0,0,15405265764366061371&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image)

mdwyer
10/24/2008, 08:19 AM
I've missed every meetup since I've been an owner... :(

I'd like to try again -- if only for a beer somewhere.

MSHardeman
10/24/2008, 04:58 PM
Jack, funny that you mention this. I PM'd Moncha the other day to see if we could do a colors down in Pueblo so that he could make it and he was going to check with Mrs. Moncha (Laura) to see when she might have time. To keep everyone in on it I would say that we do a "colors" meet down in the Pueblo area and meet up with Moncha for a little visit.

Scott, can you chime in on this one?

pbkid
10/25/2008, 10:48 AM
sounds great to me guys...i dont know how far everyone is willing to drive...but i know of a great drive by my parents house outside of colorado springs...

its actually fire access for firefighters to protect the springs, but its a great drive because it goes along the peaks of the mountains right outside of the springs..

starts in monument because i know that area best, ends up in garden of the gods which is a beautiful area by itself...

would be a decently lengthy drive, probably 3-6 hours depending on how fast we go and how many stops we make...

and it would be a dirt road most of the way...so plan on getting your vx a little dirty :)

pbkid
11/03/2008, 07:03 PM
mark any news on when we can all meet up??

at this point it would be great to sit down somewhere like CB and Potts just for a brew at the least...

maybe someone could even talk beej into stopping by just to stay in contact..

fuzzy
11/03/2008, 07:32 PM
Did Phantom Canyon Road from Victor to (roughly) Canon City on Saturday in my pristine-clean VX. Looked like it had been attacked by a rampaging horde of crazed dust-bunnies by the time I rolled into Canon City. Great little road though. Washboard... railroad tunnels... wooden bridges that turn 90 degrees in the middle... lots of nice color and cool rocks.

The road pbkid was talking about is definite rougher for those wanting a bit more excitement. Mt Herman Road to Rampart Range can be a real... joy... with lots of single-lane, cliff-hugging fun. Once again, great drive though and Rampart Range Reservoir is really nice.

pbkid
11/04/2008, 06:52 AM
ya, its a really cool road....im sure your familiar from black forest =)

its not all that bad, if you stay on the fire access....yes its edge of the cliff, one lane cool road....but its not that rough...ive driven it in like corolla's and stuff like that before...

so its nothing thats gonna beat up the VX...

however, i would be down to see some new stuff also....

just trying to get something organized...

Moncha
11/09/2008, 07:28 AM
I'm sorry for a late reply. I have been in some intense training classes and trying to put together an international sting that has been using all my free time.

We still want to do this. I know that it's getting late but maybe the weekend before Thankgiving? Maybe Sunday 11/23/08?

pbkid
11/09/2008, 11:50 AM
working in retail, i doubt im gonna be able to get any time around thanksgiving...or any time between thanksgiving and christmas is a nightmare for me...
maybe we tried just a little too late this year?

it may be easier to maybe do a colorado vx meet and dinner?

out of denver or springs??

i think there is a CB and Potts in south denver...c470 and broadway i believe...

mdwyer
11/09/2008, 11:09 PM
i think there is a CB and Potts in south denver...c470 and broadway i believe...

I don't know where this place is, but I could probably find it, given some Google-time. In any case, I'm still up for a get-together.

I'm in the same boat as you, though, but for other reasons. I work in traffic reporting, now, and Thanksgiving is the biggest travel day of the year. We're expecting our servers to get beat down. Oh, and my boss is going out of the country, so I'm all alone! :)

Thanksgiving day is probably going to take me up towards Greeley, since that's where the family resides right now.

Before that? Well, Moncha's 23 Nov day would probably work.

pbkid
11/10/2008, 12:51 PM
nice, well if you wanna just meet up and do some lunch with the vx's im down...just let me know

Moncha
11/13/2008, 08:16 AM
That's a great place. If it works for you all. We're in!

pbkid
11/13/2008, 08:44 AM
i know you all have more normal jobs than me so the weekends are probably easier for you...

however, i wont be able to get time off that close to thanksgiving...

my only day off before thanksgiving is friday the 21st...

if this doesnt work for you guys due to having a real job :) then thats fine...

just figured it couldnt hurt to throw it out there...

Moncha
11/19/2008, 06:01 PM
Are we up to trying for the 23rd? or do you all want to wait 'till after Turkey Day?

pbkid
11/19/2008, 08:36 PM
whatever you guys wanna decide....

if its after turkey day i can probably join you...

mdwyer
11/20/2008, 09:26 AM
I was holding the 23rd open, but I'd be happy picking a later day if it means we can snag one more person.

pbkid
11/20/2008, 12:53 PM
any time between the 13th of dec and 25th of dec is great for me...

sorry, school and work are gonna be insane until the 13th...

Moncha
11/20/2008, 01:09 PM
How's about an early Christmas gathering? Like Sunday the 12/14?

pbkid
11/20/2008, 02:27 PM
perfect for me

mdwyer
11/20/2008, 09:29 PM
How's about an early Christmas gathering? Like Sunday the 12/14?

Sure. White's a color, isn't it?

Davyhed
11/29/2008, 03:44 PM
I'll be there if I still have mine. What time?

pbkid
11/29/2008, 05:20 PM
good question...im open....anyone else have a particular time???

lunch or dinner time???

pbkid
11/29/2008, 05:31 PM
hey moncha...can we make this an event so we can count people and see who all is coming down???
i cant figure out how...
just put a thing at the top lke moab that says yes, no, maybe....so we can get a list???

Moncha
11/30/2008, 09:09 AM
Done

mdwyer
11/30/2008, 11:43 PM
good question...im open....anyone else have a particular time???

lunch or dinner time???

I don't have a preference... Either is fine with me, although making the drive in the daytime might be better. But I'd defer to the more distant people.

fuzzy
12/11/2008, 06:35 AM
So are we on for lunch?

mdwyer
12/11/2008, 09:03 AM
So are we on for lunch?

I'd do lunch. How about 12:00 Noon? Will that work?

Moncha
12/11/2008, 09:11 AM
Guys, I'm so sorry, for some reason, it seems I am not meant to be able to see anyone else but my own family this year. Due to my nephew, Nick's passing. We're not going to be able to make it. I know you all understand and I encourage you all to go on with out us. I swear we will get to a meet soon!

pbkid
12/11/2008, 11:40 AM
completely understandable scott...

have a wonderful and safe holiday season...

just so everyone else knows, im still planning on doing the meet, it would be great to get together with some other colorado VX'ers...

pbkid
12/11/2008, 11:41 AM
hey mark you gonna make it to this one???

havent heard anything from you yet...

MSHardeman
12/11/2008, 04:10 PM
Jack,

I would love to make it out there, but I recently lost my job due to the economy so I'm trying to hold on to every cent right now. Also, as much fun as it would be to meet everyone, a six hour drive (3 hours each way) for lunch seems a little excessive (that could just be the "thrifty" me talking).

I'll see if I get a wild hair tomorrow or Saturday and may just show up.

pbkid
12/11/2008, 08:19 PM
alright bro...

well, maybe next trip...

hey i was thinking about it, maybe ill make a trip up to the mountains and we can go snowboarding/skiing or something...

sorry to hear the bad news bro

Ldub
12/11/2008, 08:29 PM
Jack,

I would love to make it out there, but I recently lost my job due to the economy so I'm trying to hold on to every cent right now. Also, as much fun as it would be to meet everyone, a six hour drive (3 hours each way) for lunch seems a little excessive (that could just be the "thrifty" me talking).

I'll see if I get a wild hair tomorrow or Saturday and may just show up.

Mark

Very sorry to hear this news, that totally $ukz...:sighwgray

Hang in there Buddy, hope something better comes your way!:thumbup:

Scott Harness
12/12/2008, 10:23 AM
Mark

Very sorry to hear this news, that totally $ukz...:sighwgray

Hang in there Buddy, hope something better comes your way!:thumbup:

x2 sorry Mark

Moncha
12/12/2008, 10:32 AM
Mark, the quality of person you are, it won't last long. Let me know if we can do anything.

Good luck,

Scott

Davyhed
12/13/2008, 11:58 AM
Is it noon for sure?

fuzzy
12/13/2008, 03:04 PM
Anyone checking the weather forecast?

Triathlete
12/13/2008, 03:15 PM
don't forget to charge those camera batteries!:cool:

Davyhed
12/13/2008, 04:20 PM
It's gonna be crappy tomorrow. Not too bad though.

fuzzy
12/14/2008, 07:17 AM
I'm currently putting this in the leaning-no column with a request for a week delay. With traffic on I-25, I'm looking at ~2 hours to Denver and having gravel thrown at me the entire time. I would like my (just washed... yes, in the snow!) baby to last the winter with only the three paint chips I've collected so far this season. Plus, I doubt that I would spend too much time checking out the other rides in <20 degree temps with blowing snow (and I just cleaned up the engine for y'all). Sorry for the lame reasons, but I try to avoid traffic & highways in the snow (which is why I live in the country).

<and yes, the Fargo folks are free to chime in at this point>

Davyhed
12/14/2008, 08:07 AM
I'm with Fuzzy lets do it next weekend.

pbkid
12/14/2008, 09:13 AM
well I suppose we could try it next weekend. I just hope mywder gets the message in time. Oh well. Have a good week guys. And be careful out there in the snow.

mdwyer
12/14/2008, 09:37 AM
well I suppose we could try it next weekend. I just hope mywder gets the message in time. Oh well. Have a good week guys. And be careful out there in the snow.

Well, crud. What am I going to do with the rest of the day, now? :)

pbkid
12/14/2008, 01:19 PM
LOL that's what I'm trying to figure out now. Probably will end up finding an empty lot to do some donuts in

mdwyer
12/14/2008, 06:28 PM
LOL that's what I'm trying to figure out now. Probably will end up finding an empty lot to do some donuts in

Well, try to keep it rubber-side down. :)

fuzzy
12/20/2008, 05:32 PM
Trying to get a grip on my holiday schedule... am I heading up to Denver on Sunday or are we on an "indefinite hold" for better weather?

Gussie2000
12/20/2008, 08:36 PM
My self scheduled a meeting over here on the east coast inviting VX'ers from NY,NJ,CT & PA,but i feel somehow dissapointed because even though there's many us of in the area only few responded to the call.:(

The funny thing about is that there was never a meeting done so i though that will actually work in our favor.

I've spent few hours a day sending Pm's to all VX'ers that had login activity for the last 6 months living in those states assuming they still drive their VX's,,but again few responded.

New jersey is the desired location to have this meet successfully done,since it's located in the middle of NY,CT & PA so all who apttend the meeting will drive the same average amount of distance just in case distance & gas prices become a issue for any one.

But i still got some hope since there's seven months ahead others will be encouraged to assist while the due date get closer

mdwyer
12/20/2008, 10:04 PM
Trying to get a grip on my holiday schedule... am I heading up to Denver on Sunday or are we on an "indefinite hold" for better weather?

Uhhh... I can't do it this Sunday, I don't think. With the holiday, now, we might just have to toss it and try again after the new year...

This is so frustrating. :(

fuzzy
12/21/2008, 08:20 AM
okey-dokey... "indefinite hold" it is.