PDA

View Full Version : TOD dash illumination

VX-157
10/24/2008, 05:40 PM
HI all i did a quick search on the forum but could not find a answer.

My TOD indicator on the dash does not light up when i change the range from low to TOD to high (in fact it has never displayed what postion the TOD is in). any idea what could be the cause? i had a look in the fuse boxes but was unable to find anything that might relate to it.

thanks

Thmstec
10/24/2008, 06:12 PM
I'm certainly not the most knowledgeable person on the forum for this...
but I think* there is a plug on the TOD computer (underneath the passenger seat?) that connects directly to that display. So just check the connections to that box underneath the passenger seat. My best guess is that the cable came out/or is loose/ or is somehow damaged.

VX-157
10/26/2008, 03:07 PM
I'm certainly not the most knowledgeable person on the forum for this...
but I think* there is a plug on the TOD computer (underneath the passenger seat?) that connects directly to that display. So just check the connections to that box underneath the passenger seat. My best guess is that the cable came out/or is loose/ or is somehow damaged.

HI mate, thanks for the reply. i had a quick look under the right seat (as per the electric guide and your suggestion) I did spy a small black box under the driver seat (our right seat, your passenger seat) but i did not have time to pull out the seat to have a look.

I will pull out the seat this weekend coming and let you know how i go.

alanbradley
10/27/2008, 02:20 PM
Have you disassembled the dashboard and check the brown plug in the very top left corner of the instrument cluster is correctly seated?

If you're in Oz then I guess its a JDM model you have... My instrument panel has an odd cable that's been soldered into it, but I can't work out where its coming from/going to...

Hope that's some sort of help,

Alan