PDA

View Full Version : front wheel tod flashing

zadam123
11/05/2008, 04:39 AM
my lights on my front whee tod fully come on when i am going slow.and.hittong the brake. any ideas why. when i come to.a.stop it goes off and when.i.drive its mostaly normal but when slowing.down it comes on

etlsport
11/05/2008, 05:29 AM
my first guess would be an abs sensor going bad.. iirc the tod uses them to figure out when to kick in

zadam123
11/05/2008, 07:02 AM
any idea how tO check that? will that cause any problems later?

etlsport
11/06/2008, 05:07 AM
have you had any issues with your abs?.. you could start by looking in the manual to find the locations of the sensors and just giving them a good visual inspection, i know some of them are magnetic and can attract small metal shavings that could affect how well the work

also have you double checked your tire pressure to see that all 4 tires are identical?

zadam123
11/06/2008, 08:35 AM
have you had any issues with your abs?.. you could start by looking in the manual to find the locations of the sensors and just giving them a good visual inspection, i know some of them are magnetic and can attract small metal shavings that could affect how well the work

also have you double checked your tire pressure to see that all 4 tires are identical?

i recentaly replaced my abs module. but this also happenswhen i am not hitting the brakes/ the tires are ok.

tom4bren
11/06/2008, 02:19 PM
Try to locate the ABS sensors themselves at each wheel and trace the wiring back as far as you can. Check each connector that you find & clean it. Suprising how often it's the simple things.

Jeepah
10/06/2011, 05:25 AM
ya i just came up with the same problem yesterday when i got the VX stuck in my pond!!! it started idling high while i was pulling it out with another truck the engine also cut off by itself a couple times a while after. but the same problem with the TOD lights flashing and feels like its stuck in 4 wheel, well TOD just not functioning properly and my abs light has always been on so ill check that first and post my results