PDA

View Full Version : Torsion Bars and Rear Springs

lasturbo
11/11/2008, 06:12 PM
How do you tell they are worn out? My stock VX was very bouncy and sloppy on the road and bumps. The tires were shot and 2 of the factory shocks were shot. I put new tires and 4 new Rancho 9000XL's and it is much better but still has that "feeling." I have the shocks on 9-FYI. The sway bar bushings look good but still may update them to the Energy Suspension urethane but the only thing that is left is the torsions and rear springs. I have 134k on it now. Maybe it is the "nature of the VX beast" with the short wheelbase, IFS front and springs in rear but until I drive another one, I am not sure.:_confused

Ldub
11/12/2008, 07:44 AM
I would go with the new poly sway bar bushings first.
The price is way cheaper & I think you'll notice a difference...especially if you still have the stockers with 134k on em'.

lasturbo
11/13/2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks Larry, I will check into the bushings. I was curious if anyone had to replace their torsions and/or rear springs for "wear" other than when they go with a lift kit?

Ldub
11/13/2008, 10:26 AM
Thanks Larry, I will check into the bushings. I was curious if anyone had to replace their torsions and/or rear springs for "wear" other than when they go with a lift kit?

The only case of "sagging springs" I've ever read about around here were having to do with Cal mini springs.
Never heard of torsion bars weakening over time, though it's possible. Indy4X offers some heavy duty ones.