PDA

View Full Version : Squeek Toy Sounding Brakes Anyone else?

Ikkesh
11/16/2008, 01:16 PM
when i depress the brake pedal it squeeks like a squeek toy i'd give my pet.. any ideas how to fix this?
i am guessing it has to do something with the rubber boot underneath the brake pedal

Triathlete
11/16/2008, 01:21 PM
I take it you mean it squeeks when you push on the pedal and are at a complete stop...I would spray some silicone on the rubber.
If it is when you are stopping...time for new brake pads.

Thmstec
11/16/2008, 06:35 PM
when i depress the brake pedal it squeeks like a squeek toy i'd give my pet.. any ideas how to fix this?
i am guessing it has to do something with the rubber boot underneath the brake pedal

Remove the squeak toy from under the brake pedal? :bwgy:

/end sarcasm

If the brake pads are still good and it is doing it, I've heard that a squeal comes from the pad bouncing around in the shoe a little bit. This can be remedied by using some gooo that can be purchased at any auto shop. At least I think, once/if I find what I'm talking about I'll post again.

Ldub
11/16/2008, 08:40 PM

First off, we gotta know what kinda pet were talkin' about here...

My point being, a squeak toy for the garden variety chi-hua is gonna sound a LOT different than say, a squeak toy for an aardvark, or lion, or even rhinosckerus...:rolleyesg...:smilewink

don moore
11/16/2008, 10:39 PM
i had that happen..i just sprayed some silicon spray under the dash on the shaft going through the firewall.. it went away...:smilegray

WILLY
11/17/2008, 09:22 AM
I Had The Same Thing And Did The Silicon Thing Like Don And It Fixed It

WormGod
11/18/2008, 07:56 AM
I have to do this once a year or so. It really gets crazy in hot/humid or rainy weather. That rubber grommet just doesn't seem to like moisture.

Squeak toy FTW!

johnny010
01/01/2009, 02:44 PM
It can also be that your master cylinder is going out.