PDA

View Full Version : Need New Engine Any Ideas....?

Lizardmen3477
12/02/2008, 10:05 PM
At the worst time of the year my engine finally decides to break down. I took it to some shops and they both pretty much told me im gonna need a new one. As this is a bad time of year and I wasnt plannin on it going this soon only 130k on it I am need of a new engine as of I cant stand being without my baby. I was wondering if neone knew if there was ne other kinds of engines that could fit in there besides the same one again? If im gonna have to get a new engine which I am I mid as well see what my options are. Ne ideas or in put or even donations are gladly welcomed LoL. Thanks Family

Ldub
12/03/2008, 12:01 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=14524

:rolleyesg...:rolleyesg...:rolleyesg...:rolleyesg. ..:rolleyesg...:rolleyesg...:rolleyesg... :rolleyesg..:rolleyesg...:rolleyesg...:rolleyesg ...:rolleyesg

tom4bren
12/03/2008, 06:04 AM
Googlemeister strikes again:)

Ldub
12/03/2008, 06:29 AM
Googlemeister strikes again:)

It's so easy, neone could do it...:smilewink

tom4bren
12/03/2008, 06:34 AM
Anyone could do it.

Everyone thought of doing it.

Someone should have done it.

Only Dub did.

BTW, WTF is a 'neone'? I've seen it in other threads but couldn't figger that one out.

ISCE
12/03/2008, 07:00 AM
Sorry to hear this Lizardman. Hope you get her back on the road soon.

iamironman
12/03/2008, 07:04 AM
T4B,

neone = anyone... phonetically

In case your interested... this is a list of acronyms (old school) I started years ago for a friend that list some typical RL situations and also mostly for internet chatting use or texting (phone) use:

The purpose of this list is to provide you with explanations
for many of those strange acronyms you see in internet chat rooms and message
boards so you don't have to write a lot of "What does that mean?" messages.

AA Alcoholics Anonymous
AAA Travel club
AAAAA Travel club for alcoholics
ADN Any Day Now
AFAIK As Far As I Know
AWGTHTGTTA? Are We Going To Have To Go Through This Again?
B4N Bye for Now
BAMF Bad Assed Mother F-
BBS Bulletin Board System
BIOYIOP Blow It Out Your I/O Port
BRB Be Right Back
BRS Big Red Switch
BTA But Then Again (in response to IOW)
BTW By The Way
CU See you
CUL See you Later
CUL8R See you Later
DIIK Damned If I Know
DILLIGAF? Does It Look Like I Give A F-?
DL or D/L Download, transmit to you
DTRT Do The Right Thing
EOT End Of Thread (i.e., don't reply to this message)
ES&D Eat S- and Die
FISH First In, Still Here
FITB Fill In The Blank_________
FUBAR F-ed Up Beyond All Repair
FWIW For What It's Worth
FYDITM F- You Directly In The Mouth
FY&TSYRIO F- You And The Sysop You Rode In On
FYI For Your Information
G Grin (as in <g>)
GAFIA Get Away From It All (as in drop out of ILink for a bit)
GD&R Grinning, Ducking & Running
GH Getting Hard (see GW)
GIGO Garbage In, Garbage Out
GIWIST Gee, I Wish I'd Said That
GLGH Good Luck and Good Hunting
GW Getting Wet (see GH)
IC I See
IDTT I'll Drink To That!
ILY I Love You
IMAO In My Arrogant Opinion
IMHO In My Humble Opinion
IMNSHO In My Not So Humble Opinion
IMO In My Opinion
IMOBO In My Own Biased Opinion.
IO Information Overload
INPO In No Particular Order
IOW In Other Words
IWBNI It Would Be Nice If
IYFEG Insert Your Favorite Ethnic Group
JSNM Just Stark Naked Magic
KMYF Kiss Me You Fool
L8R Later
LAB&TYD Life's A Bitch & Then You Die.
LLTA Lots and Lots of Thunderous Applause
LMAO Laughing My *** Off
LOL Laughing Out Loud
MOTOS Member of the Opposite Sex
MOTSS Member of the Same Sex
NFW No Friggin Way
NEONE NE1 Anyone
OIC Oh, I See
OOTC Obligatory On Topic Comment
OTOH On The Other Hand
PCMCIA People Can't Memorize Computer Industry Acronyms
PCYLIHOONL Please Cross Your Legs, I Have Only One Nail Left
PEBKAC (virus, error message) Problem Exsists between Keyboard and Chair
PITA Pain In The ***
PMFBI Pardon Me For Butting In
POSSLQ Person of Opposite Sex Sharing Living Quarters
POV Point Of View
RE Regarding
ROTFL Rolling On The Floor Laughing
ROTFLAHMS Rolling On The Floor Laughing And Holding My Side
RSN Real Soon Now
RTFM Read The F- Manual
SMO Serious Mode On
SMOff Serious Mode Off
SNAFU Situation Normal: All F- Up
SO Significant Other
SOB Do you really need *me* to explain this one?
SPAM SPiced hAM. Hormel's canned meat.
ST-TNG Star Trek, The Next Generation
ST-TOS Star Trek, The Original Series
SWMBO She Who Must Be Obeyed
SYSOP SYStem OPerator
TAFN That's All For Now
TANJ There Ain't No Justice
TANSTAAFL There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
TGIF Thank God Its Friday
TIA Thanks In Advance
TIATLG Truly, I Am The Living God
TLA Three Letter Acronym
TLG The Living God
TPTB The Powers That Be
TTBOMK To The Best Of My Knowledge
TTFN Ta-Ta For Now
TTUL Talk (or Type) To You Later
UL or U/L Upload, send to the BBS
WFM Works For Me
WOFTAM Waste Of Flaming Time and Money
WRT With Regard To
WTF What the F-
WYGIWYPF What You Get Is What You Pay For
WYSIWYG What You See Is What You Get
YMMV Your Mileage May Vary.

Emoticons

:) :-) :> Smiling, happy faces; don't take me too seriously
;) ;-) ;> Winking happy faces (something said tongue-in-cheek)
B-) Above, but from a person wearing glasses
8-) Same as previous; also used to denote wide-eyed look
:-( Sad or angry face
:-P Tongue stuck out
:D :-D Wider happy face (or mouth open too much)
:-o "Oh, nooooooo!" (a la Mr. Bill)
:-# Message concerning something that shouldn't have been said...
:-$ Message indicating person is ill...
:-& Message indicating person is angry...
:-* Kiss...
:-(=) Message from a person with big teeth.
<:-) Dumb questions
|-( Late night messages
:^) From a person with a large nose
:-{#} From a person with braces
&:-) From a person with curly hair
@:-) From a person with wavy hair
#:-) From a person with matted hair
:-|K- Formal message.
...---... S.O.S.
@%&$%& You know what that means...
2B|^2B Message about Shakespeare
(O--< A fishy message...
( } User is Alfred Hitchcock.
@>--->---- A rose.
(.)(.) Ms. Dos
()x() Ms. Dos with "Cross Your Heart" Bra

tom4bren
12/03/2008, 07:04 AM
Yes, sorry to hear you're having problems. Does this mean that our Meet-n-greet is postponed UFN?

Tom

circmand
12/03/2008, 07:14 AM
N E 1

tom4bren
12/03/2008, 07:57 AM
"neone = anyone... phonetically"

DUH

(That's not an acronym - it's what I said as soon as I read your post:))

Thanks.

BTW, IT DL meant Down Low (like keep the secret).

WormGod
12/03/2008, 08:09 AM
At the worst time of the year my engine finally decides to break down. I took it to some shops and they both pretty much told me im gonna need a new one. As this is a bad time of year and I wasnt plannin on it going this soon only 130k on it I am need of a new engine as of I cant stand being without my baby. I was wondering if neone knew if there was ne other kinds of engines that could fit in there besides the same one again? If im gonna have to get a new engine which I am I mid as well see what my options are. Ne ideas or in put or even donations are gladly welcomed LoL. Thanks Family

Unlike the other TROLLS looking to increase their post-count ( :p ), I understood your post Lizard. I don't know that any one has gone with anything other than the stock block, except for someone way back when who was gonna stick an LS1 or something in there. Never did hear anything more on that. You could always gut down completely and refit with the Axiom guts. Could have the only direct injection VX in town. ;)

Sorry to hear about your VX. :(

tom4bren
12/03/2008, 11:39 AM
Sorry Lizard for jacking your thread. The issue of engine swaps has been discussed quite a bit tho so I thought your questions had been answered.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=14300&highlight=engine+swap

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=3756&highlight=engine+swap

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=12484&highlight=engine+swap

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=12700&highlight=engine+swap

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=12258&highlight=engine+swap

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=11860&highlight=engine+swap

And of course there is MoonRaker's rebuild in the How2 section

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Content&file=viewarticle&id=31

Tom

Ldub
12/03/2008, 12:08 PM
And of course there is MoonRaker's rebuild in the How2 section

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Content&file=viewarticle&id=31

Tom

That was informative...:rolleyesg...:smilewink

LittleBeast
12/03/2008, 12:08 PM
Yeah but typing neone for anyone or ne for any just does not make much sense in my opinion. All you are doing is leaving out one letter which takes a fraction of a second to type, seems like this is more typing to try to be cool :cool: ;) Like a nerdy white guy trying to talk all gangster like :) Reminds me of the opening scene of Office Space where the guy is rapping along with some rap song and then a homeless guy walks up and he stops saying anything and locks his door, haha, classic! I prefer to type that extra letter, to take that 1/100th of a second out of my day and donate it to allowing everyone to be able to read and comprehend what I am talking about, ok well at least be able to read what I am talking about, I have nothing to do with others comprehension levels, lol.............. I mean not just ne1 can type so cool as others, I wish I was that techno savy, lol, rofl, hahahaha, J/K everybody don't get all PO'd.:bgwb:

tom4bren
12/03/2008, 12:11 PM
"That was informative..."

I know. I've already PM'd Moncha that the link was dead.

Rekin it'll take more practice to reach your exaulted status of URL resurecter.

Ldub
12/03/2008, 12:14 PM
"That was informative..."

I know. I've already PM'd Moncha that the link was dead.

Rekin it'll take more practice to reach your exaulted status of URL resurecter.

No, the link worked fine for me...I was being sarcastic...:rotate:

There is nothing there but a statement of intent to write an article...:rolleyesg

tom4bren
12/03/2008, 12:36 PM
IIRC his write up was off line with a hyperlink in the thread.

VX crazy
12/04/2008, 06:19 AM
thank goodness I have a backup engine! Kharma is a mf isnt it?:bgwp:

BeeVenom
12/04/2008, 04:21 PM
Actually considering a GM V8 conversion on my Proton. Done a ton of research and investigation and it looks like it is possible. If i did this i would be tubbing the rear as well. Just my old hot rod blood from the 60's is getting the better of me. The swap does intrigue me.
Scott
I've now looked at doing a mini-tub on rear for a bit wider tires on the back for when i do the V8 conversion. Hope my plans aren't too far fetched.

Lizardmen3477
12/08/2008, 04:28 PM
Well just got the verdict from my shop today....Shes a gonner, needs a new engine :( just in time for Christmas what a great presetn santa gave me early... ima do all i can to save her as i dont want to be another member that puts there into the scrap yard and kill yet another one of the already dieing breed, im so broke though and this is so unexpected and unplanned i dont have the money to do the swap right now like i wanted to do so bad hell i aint even got the money to put a new stock one in.. so looks like shes gonna be siting for some time and ima be pedalin to work unless santas next wonderful present is 5k in a sac .... lol yea right

iamironman
12/08/2008, 09:06 PM
Here's some ideas for you... I wish I could have found these when my engine blew last july... I spent $1800 on an USED engine with 84,000 miles on it... I would have spent the few hundred extra for a fully rebuilt one like the first one or second one... If you have the know-how... there's also a couple of rebuild kits there too...

$1955 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Isuzu-Trooper-Acura-SLX-Holden-Opel-Rebuilt-V6-Engine_W0QQitemZ370124051835QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMot ors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item370124051 835&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318)

$2350 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__Isuzu-Rebuilt-Engine-Motor-6VE1-3-5-6VD1-3-2-Axiom_W0QQitemZ160300267958QQadiZ2865QQadnZCarQ20Q 26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewIt emQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?_trksid= p4506.m20.l1116)

$3499 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Reman-3-5-Isuzu-98-02-DOHC-Trooper-Long-Block-Engine_W0QQitemZ290280930930QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMot ors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item290280930 930&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318) (very INTERESTING reading if ya want to know how an engine is remanufactured)

New Crank (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand-New-98-02-Isuzu-3-5-6VE1-Trooper-Crankshaft-Kit_W0QQitemZ270313083459QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors _Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item270313083459&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318)

and engine kit (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__ISUZU-TROOPER-VEHICROSS-ENGINE-REBUILD-KIT-IEK6VE1-JIS_W0QQitemZ370105742574QQadiZ2865QQadnZCarQ20Q26 Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItem QQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?_trksid=p4 506.m20.l1116)

if you don't do it yourself:
a rebuild should cost about $500
an engine R&R should cost anywhere from $700 to $1500... in labor
(mine cost me $700)

Hope this helps
(hope all these links work... hehehe)

Lizardmen3477
12/12/2008, 08:44 PM
Ive made an excutive decision.... I am going to sell everything I can to raise money and put up everything I cant sell up for colateral for a loan..... I am going with a full LS1 Conversion with the matching tranny upgrade and all the computer parts and electronics. Wish Me Luck This May Take Time But This Will Be Done!!!!! Donations Accepted :)

Riff Raff
12/19/2008, 03:33 PM
Donations??? You don't need no stinkin' donations!!!

Huuked on phonics, wuked fo me. Iggit.

killinformula
12/19/2008, 10:02 PM
Ive made an excutive decision.... I am going to sell everything I can to raise money and put up everything I cant sell up for colateral for a loan..... I am going with a full LS1 Conversion with the matching tranny upgrade and all the computer parts and electronics. Wish Me Luck This May Take Time But This Will Be Done!!!!! Donations Accepted :)

if you dont want an ls1...
how about buying my LT1 formula.. cammed, headers, tuned, and every bolt on... a 12.1 sec car... and then parting the body out for $... plus it already has everything you would need for a swap... wairing harness pcm, tranny (M6 now that woud be sweet)... plus the price is a good one and after selling parts you would have money in the bank. But its just an idea.

you will have to keep me updated especially on the swap... i was actually looking at my vx parked by my formula tonight and was wondering about if i could possibly switch the motor...

Lizardmen3477
12/24/2008, 12:12 PM
What is the lt1 and would all the stuff fit cause i only know bout the ls1 swap not sure bout nething else? also any pics email me and howmuch lizardmen3477@aol.com

taylorRichie
12/24/2008, 01:54 PM
LT1 is the predecessor to the LS1. Pretty much the same engine, just LS1 is more modern (someone correct me if I'm wrong ;))
Both great platforms, although LT1 is dirt cheap these days, and require a lot less Electronics.

Gussie2000
12/24/2008, 06:49 PM
So what a about a 2002 axiom engine ?

I always think that the axiom engine should be the best or 1rst choice when a engine goes BOOM.

iamironman
12/24/2008, 08:43 PM
So what a about a 2002 axiom engine ?

I always think that the axiom engine should be the best or 1rst choice when a engine goes BOOM.

Actually 2002 or 2003 Axiom as long as 'X' is the eighth digit in the VIN # It will fit up to everything in the VX

All 2002's should have the eighth 'X'
Most 2003's built before May'03 will have the eighth 'X'