PDA

View Full Version : front wheels not getting power in 4L

VX-157
12/06/2008, 07:39 PM
Hi, i am looking for some ideas about the following problem.

Today on a light to moderate hill climb i noticed that whilst in 4L my front wheels did not get any traction to them.

on a side note, my tod dash illumaiton does not light up and has never since i have been the owner.

i can feel the difference in toque when in 4L there is just no power to the front wheels.

any thoughts? i am going to drop the beasty off to a 4x4 center next week but would like to be able to give them ideas as they have never worked on a Vehicross before.

Ldub
12/06/2008, 08:22 PM
On the US version, all the TOD indicator lights are on in 4-lo.
Since the TOD is electrionically controlled, maybe it's something as simple as a fuse or relay. Or a bad connection.

That's a tough one...:confused:

Good Luck getting it fixed, & let us know what comes of it.:_wrench:

VX-157
12/06/2008, 09:40 PM
On the US version, all the TOD indicator lights are on in 4-lo.
Since the TOD is electrionically controlled, maybe it's something as simple as a fuse or relay. Or a bad connection.

That's a tough one...:confused:

Good Luck getting it fixed, & let us know what comes of it.:_wrench:

thanks for the quick replay.

I just pulled all fuses and they are fine (just to check :D). i had a look under the drivers seat at the little black box that sits on top of the carpet and it looked fine, not solder burnt out etc.

which relay should i look at, i am assuming that other componets run of the same relay? if so i should noticed other componets not working, which is not the case....i am stump.

rowhard
12/06/2008, 10:37 PM
Don't know what the difference is between a JDM and the U.S. spec, but if they are the same, look at the Electrical Troubleshooting Manual available here starting on page 75. It will tell you where everything is located.