PDA

View Full Version : Crap how do i put this part back on?!?!?!

killinformula
12/18/2008, 09:30 PM
http://mcandrewmotors.com/popupviewer.aspx?iid=490138&pID=19637125

its the piece under the cd changer... i kinda just pulled on it to see what was behind it and not i cant get it back on and i dont want to force anything to risk breaking it... do i need to take the whole front of the dash off? if so i will just wait til i put my stereo in

Triathlete
12/18/2008, 09:35 PM
It should just push back on. if I remember correctly there are no screws in that piece ( if there are they will be visible)

killinformula
12/18/2008, 09:52 PM
it just flexes so much i dindt want to break it!

kodiak
12/18/2008, 10:17 PM
Just be careful, it take a little presser to pop those tabs back in.

killinformula
12/18/2008, 10:49 PM
would it be easier just to do it when i put my stereo in... i am goign to be doing it after xmas

Jolly Roger VX'er
12/19/2008, 12:46 AM
I've had mine off a few times...just start the top-end into place first then press the bottom-end in past the console and it'll "pop/snap" into place.

I even took it back off the first few times to make sure the "pop/snap" wasn't me breaking anything!

If your still too scared, then you CAN remove both your console pieces (rear e-brake + padded console first...then shifter console second) and that will give you extra room to pop the piece we are talking about in place first..then re-install the (shifter console) followed by the (rear e-brake + padded console).

killinformula
12/19/2008, 07:33 AM
I've had mine off a few times...just start the top-end into place first then press the bottom-end in past the console and it'll "pop/snap" into place.

I even took it back off the first few times to make sure the "pop/snap" wasn't me breaking anything!

If your still too scared, then you CAN remove both your console pieces (rear e-brake + padded console first...then shifter console second) and that will give you extra room to pop the piece we are talking about in place first..then re-install the (shifter console) followed by the (rear e-brake + padded console).

thats a definetely a good idea... i will look at doing that tonight...