PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Black VX with only 28K miles on Ebay

VXD959
12/26/2008, 09:08 PM
This should be an interesting auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Isuzu-VehiCROSS-2dr-4WD-2001-ISUZU-VEHICROSS-RARE-4x4-4WD-LEATHER-CHROME-WHEELS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6270QQihZ027QQit emZ400019874039QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW) to watch...

Please notice that the interior is described as "blue"...

Gussie2000
12/26/2008, 09:24 PM
This should be an interesting auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Isuzu-VehiCROSS-2dr-4WD-2001-ISUZU-VEHICROSS-RARE-4x4-4WD-LEATHER-CHROME-WHEELS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6270QQihZ027QQit emZ400019874039QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW) to watch...

Yes,i believe it has to be the last VX with less then 30K.

tomdietrying
12/26/2008, 09:35 PM
Gussie,
You would be wrong in your last statement. I know of two guys on this board with less than 20,000 miles on their VX. Here's a hint. They both went to Moab this year. One has been to Moab 7 or 8 times.

O.K. Here's the answer. There's Larry from Houston. He's be wheeling in Moab 7-8 times. The other is Jo from San Diego.

Peace.
Tom

TheGanzman
12/26/2008, 09:54 PM

Just to jog your memory - I drove a '99 w/less than 17K miles here in Orange County last week. It sold pretty much immediately...

tomdietrying
12/26/2008, 10:13 PM
I stand corrected.
Peace.
Tom

snowtrooper1966
12/26/2008, 10:52 PM
I think RickShaw's super clean Dragon is in the 28K range....
Best,

VCrossfan
12/26/2008, 11:33 PM

Poor VX :cryr: Living most it's life sitting in a garage. These things are made to drive. The little bit and of value the "Low Milers" might make ( and I mean very little ) isn't anything compaired to the enjoyment one gets from driving it every day.

Riff Raff
12/27/2008, 05:28 AM
Wow, that VX is like brand new! The seat bolster pad on the lower left side of the driver seat shows hardly even a wrinkle (normally caused as people enter/exit the VX). In addition; the headlight lenses look crystal clear, which is to indicate the VX was always garaged its entire life as the headlight lenses show no sign of cloudiness/yellowing normally caused by excessive sun exposure or being continually parked outside. Even the stock exhaust tip shows absolutely no sign of carbon. Truly amazing condition! I bet it even smells new!

The interior door panels and the nylon webbing of the seat belts do appear to have a "blueish" hue. Hmmm, interesting (don't know what to make of that?). The Ebony Black is not my favorite color; but, whoever wins this VX is essentially going to own a brand new virgin 2009 VX (in a sense). I am definately going to "watch" this one on eBay, as it should literally be a shark feeding frenzy in the last few minutes/seconds of the auction! Damn, that's nice!

Gussie2000
12/27/2008, 07:15 AM
Ok, i can be wrong about the Vx with the lowes mileage,i've not seen any VX with so little usage & mileage.....was my personal opinion though :o

Y33TREKker
12/27/2008, 08:24 AM
My '01 is currently at a little over 28k too.

rickshaw
12/27/2008, 10:03 AM
Hey Snowtrooper,
That mileage was back June, now it's at 29,587. Almost time for it's 30k service.
How is the snow up there in Mammoth?

Hey TheGanzman,
We could use another member in Orange County.
(see map)
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=106875359261866866038.00045448bdc888ff9b2d2

Low mileage VX's are getting harder to come by. This one on ebay may be the one for you. I do see something wrong with the drivers side door handle. It looks like to me it has repair tape on it. A new door handle will run you about $56. I know with the mileage I have on mine the original tires are about done, their down to the wear indicators. Other than that, this is a super clean VX.

TheGanzman
12/27/2008, 10:31 AM
I REALLY REALLY want that VX; alas, I need to hold off just alittle longer before pulling the trigger on one. I've talked to the dealership - they're good guys. No DOUBT in my mind that this one will go for good $ - I wish the economy wasn't in the tank so bad. I've got a client who owes me over $7K on a guitar authentication/travel I did back in November (I usually do C.O.D. - my bad that I didn't this time - repeat customer lulled me into complacency) - that's what's holding me up. Very real possibility that I'll get STIFFED instead of SPIFFED on this one...:mad:

I hope someone here on the Forum gets it; then I can talk him/her OUT of it in a few months!:smilewink

johnny010
12/27/2008, 03:52 PM
I'm here buying it now : )

snowtrooper1966
12/27/2008, 07:47 PM
Hey Snowtrooper,
That mileage was back June, now it's at 29,587. Almost time for it's 30k service.
How is the snow up there in Mammoth?

Drive that pristine Dragon of yours all the way up here and find out;)!!!

Sorry, could't resist!

The snow is fantastic! Over 4 feet in the pasr week alone.
Best,

johnny010
12/27/2008, 08:18 PM
SOLD! In my garage everyone. Glad to be joining the community.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/PC270599.JPG

99VC
12/27/2008, 08:23 PM
So I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know, what did you have to give for a great low mileage almost new VX????? Lucky guy you have the one I always wanted Good Luck with it..

johnny010
12/27/2008, 08:45 PM
So I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know, what did you have to give for a great low mileage almost new VX????? Lucky guy you have the one I always wanted Good Luck with it..

I'd actually feel bad for sharing how much I paid. I work for a private company that has a relationship with Toyota. I got the fever Christmas day when I was searching on eBay (actually wanted one since they came out in 99). I called first thing Friday morning the 26th to discuss a deal. I explained where I work, made an offer, and was told they would likely accept. I tried to make a deposit over the phone but they couldn't take it. I setup an appointment to go test-drive that evening, and buy the vehicle (this was all yesterday btw).

Around 3:30 on the 26th, I got a call that another sales man had already sold he vehicle for their asking price on the lot. SUPER DISAPPOINTED. Though about it last night and realized it wasn't meant to be...I could just dump more money into my off-road toy that I've been working on for two years....

Then today, after getting in from buying more parts for this off-road toy I've been working on, I get a call that the deal fell through, and the guy couldn't get financed. I cancelled my evening plans, and drove 1 hour to buy it.

There are several minor issues I will be posting about inquiring on how to fix, but overall, I'm super happy with the vehicle....and I probably paid less than anyone would want to believe.

LittleBeast
12/28/2008, 12:36 AM
Congrats! and welcome to the best family you can choose to be a part of! Let us know how we can help.
SOLD! In my garage everyone. Glad to be joining the community.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/PC270599.JPG

LITTLELAURIE
12/28/2008, 03:05 AM

My VX has, 21,213! ;)

Riff Raff
12/28/2008, 03:48 AM
Ok, Johnny--- Tell us exactly what you paid for it -- WE ALL WANT TO KNOW!!!

Gussie2000
12/28/2008, 06:17 AM
My VX has, 21,213! ;)

Wow great Laurie. I really miscalculated the statistics

Riff Raff
12/28/2008, 12:38 PM
Hey, Laurie-- WELCOME BACK!!! We haven't seen any postings from you for over a year. I sent you a PM. Check it out, and send me an E-Mail in reply. Happy Holidays!!!

VCrossfan
12/28/2008, 12:50 PM
My VX has, 21,213! ;)

Hey Laurie: Your VX caught my eye shortly after I joined back in 04. It's my favorite Ebony ...

PK
12/28/2008, 02:25 PM
...I could just dump more money into my off-road toy that I've been working on for two years....

So........ is this other off road toy you have, an Isuzu MU??

Looks like one lurking in the background of your photo.

I actually progressed from an MU to my VX.
Quite a leap forward in comfort and sportiness.
Quite a leap backwards in fuel consumption - but who cares!!!!!!!:bwgr::bgwp:

PK

johnny010
12/28/2008, 09:18 PM
So........ is this other off road toy you have, an Isuzu MU??

Looks like one lurking in the background of your photo.

I actually progressed from an MU to my VX.
Quite a leap forward in comfort and sportiness.
Quite a leap backwards in fuel consumption - but who cares!!!!!!!:bwgr::bgwp:

PK

yeah. i flipped it when it was originally a suzuki sidekick and had to swim out.
now it has the body of the 'mu' or amigo. has full hydro steering, 4.3L vortec motor, turbo 350 tranny, NP205 transfer case, toyota axles etc.....just ordered springs front and rear, and a set of Corbeau seats. The roll cage is next, paint everything (about 50 hours in the one off bumper fabs) and install the winch. Have to figure out a way to do the 5 point harnesses since the cage will be exo...and so the list goes on.

Hopefully, it will be done by this summer. Had the dash pulled this weekend... It is for off-roading only, but will be as nice as anything I have.

Btw, this VX is an impressive vehicle !!! Glad I found this forum.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/kongupside_down.jpg

Riff Raff
12/29/2008, 03:20 AM
Hey Johnny--- Now that you actually own a VX, please update your vehicle data on your sign-on profile (that appears to the far-right of your postings) like last four of VIN number, etc. By the way, we still all want to know exactly how much you paid for your VX ???

VCrossfan
12/29/2008, 03:57 AM
yeah. i flipped it when it was originally a suzuki sidekick and had to swim out.
now it has the body of the 'mu' or amigo. has full hydro steering, 4.3L vortec motor, turbo 350 tranny, NP205 transfer case, toyota axles etc.....just ordered springs front and rear, and a set of Corbeau seats. The roll cage is next, paint everything (about 50 hours in the one off bumper fabs) and install the winch. Have to figure out a way to do the 5 point harnesses since the cage will be exo...and so the list goes on.

Hopefully, it will be done by this summer. Had the dash pulled this weekend... It is for off-roading only, but will be as nice as anything I have.

Btw, this VX is an impressive vehicle !!! Glad I found this forum.

Maybe your VX can be your next project. You can be the 1st to build a SAS VX... Many have talked about it..

jamessmith
12/29/2008, 08:15 AM
21K..wow!! my baby has 34k on the clock!!

johnny010
05/29/2009, 11:37 PM
tires and wheels showed today. nitto mud grapplers with boss 313 20" black diamond wheels (black chrome)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/boss313.jpg

SomeBeach
05/30/2009, 05:29 AM
What a nice truck. I wanted black and looked for one for several months before settling on my second choice PROTON YELLOW. I love the yellow but its more difficult to fix it up to look like Batman's second ride.

LittleBeast
05/30/2009, 10:12 AM
tires and wheels showed today. nitto mud grapplers with boss 313 20" black diamond wheels (black chrome)

AWESOME that is going to look great!!!!!

nfpgasmask
05/30/2009, 08:57 PM
What a nice truck. I wanted black and looked for one for several months before settling on my second choice PROTON YELLOW. I love the yellow but its more difficult to fix it up to look like Batman's second ride.

Funny you should say that, a bunch of kids on bicycles told me in a parking lot one day that my VX looks like Batman's Tumbler...

Bart