PDA

View Full Version : New VX tonight - need help with 4 issues

johnny010
12/27/2008, 09:06 PM
1) Lowered drivers side window during test drive and about 3/4 of the way down, it stopped completely (about 1/2 a second), made a loud pop noise, then continued down. When rolling back up, the tint had a 7" vertical scratch. Everytime rolling down the window it stops in the same spot and makes a loud noise. Coming up is smooth.

2) Seems to be air leak at top left of drivers window.

3) ABS light is on

4) When pressing the brake pedal with vehicle running, it (the brake pedal inside the cab) makes a loud eeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr noise (NOT A clicking noise that activates abs) EVERYTIME I touch the pedal??? This is very irritating.

Thanks in advance for any help....

etlsport
12/27/2008, 09:11 PM
congrats on the purchase!

window problems are pretty common.. do a search for SBC or street boutique customs

he makes a bracket to help fix the windows... more than likely the tabs at the bottom of your window are broken... could fix the air leak too?

ABS light is pretty common too.. occasionally a sensor.. more than likely the abs module under the hood is toast though.. costs about 2,500 from a dealership.. i picked up a used one from a wrecked VX for 100 (i think its the same as from a 4 wheel disk brake rodeo too).. pretty easy installation, took care of my problem, i did a write-up on how to replace the module if you search for it

any other info on the brake problem? does it come from the calipers? the brake pedal itself? does it happen when you are moving or just when you are still?

johnny010
12/27/2008, 09:25 PM
Regarding the brakes...with the vehicle off, pressing the brake pedal, it makes no noise (thought it might be a bushing - guess not).

With the vehicle on in park, when pressing the pedal it makes the noise 30% of the time when pressing in and out. When in drive, it makes the noise 100% of the time but it sounds like it is coming from the pedal inside the cab. High pitched eeeeeeerrrrrrr (like Eeyore the blue donkey) It only make the noise when pushing the pedal in.

The brake fluid res. is way overfilled btw. I see that can cause the ABS light to come on.

The service records show veh serviced at 26K miles (for the 30K), and ABS was one thing that was checked (doesn't say if it was on at the time or not).

Veh has 28K miles on it now.

So what about the rodeo ABS module? Will it work?

VCrossfan
12/27/2008, 10:04 PM
Welcome to the Forum...Johnny if you bought the VX below, and it's from a dealer it's a no brainer...Take it back and have them make it right. Enjoy it and most of all...DRIVE IT...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Isuzu-VehiCROSS-2dr-4WD-2001-ISUZU-VEHICROSS-RARE-4x4-4WD-LEATHER-CHROME-WHEELS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6270QQihZ027QQit emZ400019874039QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

johnny010
12/27/2008, 10:23 PM
I got the price low enough that I agreed to it as is knowing the issues. No gripes with them. I knew if it came down to it the abs module would be expensive; however, most of the Toyotas that have a light come on just need a wheel speed sensor. Should have read a bit more since it seems the Isuzu's need the abs module.

I have a mechanic that owes me a huge favor, so I'm sure the noise from the pedal will be fixed this week. I'll have the abs light diagnosed IF it doesn't go away once I put the right amount of fluid in it (over full). As for the picture below, it appears I will just have to buy another piece, and then spend the $50 on the window fix-its plus a retint.

Then I'm sure a seal will go out...lol : )

Anyone got a drivers side power assy for sale?
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/PC270617.JPG

johnny010
12/28/2008, 09:28 PM
Took out the extra brake fluid. The whinning noise from the pedal went away for about 2 hours but has come back sporadically.

Unhooked the battery after correcting the fluid level to see if the abs light would go away..........nice dice.

johnny010
12/28/2008, 09:32 PM
and read this.......

"Used Isuzu Vehicross ABS Relays
The ABS relay (or ABS controller) is the brain that controls your anti-lock braking system. If your ABS light has come on it may be time to replace your ABS relay because a malfunctioning ABS relay can compromise your safety.

The ABS relay in your car is commonly found in a plastic protective box found under the hood or under the dashboard on the passenger side. There might also be an access panel that has to be removed under the dashboard to expose the controller

When searching for a replacement ABS relay, be sure to provide the salvage yards with your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). This will help to ensure that you receive the right used ABS relay unit for your particular vehicle.

Replacing the ABS relay should be fairly easy since it's just a matter of swapping out your old controller for the one you've purchased.

Find Used Isuzu Vehicross ABS Relays Fast!"

At first is sounds like they are talking about the ABS module, but the bolded parts sounds like a relay only???

etlsport
12/29/2008, 03:46 AM
kind of sounds like they could be talking about the abs computer.. which is located under the passenger seat.. from what ive heard, its not very often that the problem is there... they are definitely not talking about the abs module though, that is not just a simple swap out... well it is.. but you have to bleed the brakes afterwards. but replacing mine is what has had my abs light off for a month or two now after it had been on steady for almost a year

johnny010
12/30/2008, 10:16 PM
discussed with a mechanic regarding my eeeeerrrrrr noise when pressing the brake pedal. after i took the brake fluid down to the correct level, the noise went away for 2 hours, but came back...

te mechanic said right away, before i could finish, that the master cylinder is going out and needs to be replaced.....and i believe he may be right.

will pull the eprom codes this week to find out about the abs issue. hopefully it turns out to be a wheel cylinder only.