PDA

View Full Version : vehicross in a movie?

Amack76
07/14/2003, 07:53 AM
I was watching a movie on tv called "Mission to Mars" and at the begining of he movie Gary Sinese pulls up in the convertable Vehicross!! I flipped out. Was the VX in any other movies?

Anita
07/14/2003, 09:09 AM
The VX-02 unless I am mistaken was in only one feature film. Dont think it made an appearance anywhere else. The concept was shown in auto shows and currently is housed at the Isuzu America headquarters garage.

Back in 2001, we had a Los Angeles VX Meet there are got the opportunity to see it and drive it as well as check out other concept cars including the VX concept and 4-door. Check out the gallery for pics.

LAVX Pics (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=511&thumb=1)

Panther_Black_VX
07/14/2003, 10:11 AM
Yup, the VX-02 was the best thing in that movie... :)

Navigator
07/14/2003, 10:37 AM
The movie isn't all bad, I mean it has a VehiCROSS in it :D

deldorado
07/14/2003, 11:41 AM
I saw a Silver VX on the HBO original series "Curb your Enthusiasm" starring Larry David. In one scene Larry David is going to buy is wife a necklace and he is talking to his friend in the street and in the back ground is a beautiful silver VX. My girlfriend and I both went wild when we saw it. ;Dp;

Dallas4u
07/14/2003, 12:04 PM
DAMN! I saw that one, but I didn't notice the VX in the background... crap.

paultvx
07/14/2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Dallas4u
DAMN! I saw that one, but I didn't notice the VX in the background... crap.

That's it Adam. You flunked. You're out! :D

Heraclid
07/14/2003, 03:40 PM
Is that the only time the VX shows up in the movie? I want to see one in a chase sequence on-screen or in a music video or something. I'm sure some band would do it if we provided the hardware. Really, we should try it. :-)

paultvx
07/14/2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Heraclid
Is that the only time the VX shows up in the movie? I want to see one in a chase sequence on-screen or in a music video or something. I'm sure some band would do it if we provided the hardware. Really, we should try it. :-)

Get yourself a realistic looking toy gun. Buy video cameras for your friends who drive and own cars. Tell them to hang out in certain areas of the city. Drive by a cop, and wave the toy gun out the window as you go by. Then drive through all the areas where you told you friends to be with their cameras.

There you go.

Heraclid
07/14/2003, 04:11 PM
For all of its pitfalls, it would still probably work - I'll give you that. And I need a good bumper sticker, like "Bad cop, no donut". Plus one of the forum store tag frames saying "Drivin' It Like I Stole It". And a personalized tag... how 'bout DRUG DLA? Might as well do it up right. :-)

WyrreJ
07/14/2003, 05:52 PM
The show, "Mutant X" features (featured?) a black VX as the vehicle of choice for the bad guys. Usually got at least one scene per episode.

Heraclid
07/14/2003, 08:17 PM
Wow, did some searching online and found several reviews of the Mission to Mars movie. MOST of them mention the funky Isuzu. Maybe the movie sucked and was forgettable, but people remembered that thing. :-)

Panther_Black_VX
07/14/2003, 09:57 PM

I actually did an independent "straight to video" feature that used my VX in a couple of shots.

When the director saw my VX one day when I drove up to the set, she asked if they could use my VX in the film as the ride for my character (a sleazy movie producer). I was like SURE!!!

So we shot 3 scenes where I pull up in my VX to certain locations. It was very cool!! I couldn't wait to see my baby on the screen. But alas, all my VX scenes were left on the cutting room floor...... :(

Bantan
07/15/2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Panther_Black_VX
I actually did an independent "straight to video" feature that used my VX in a couple of shots.

When the director saw my VX one day when I drove up to the set, she asked if they could use my VX in the film as the ride for my character (a sleazy movie producer). I was like SURE!!!

So we shot 3 scenes where I pull up in my VX to certain locations. It was very cool!! I couldn't wait to see my baby on the screen. But alas, all my VX scenes were left on the cutting room floor...... :(

Panther_Black_VX
07/15/2003, 12:30 PM
Mercer:
I'll ask but I doubt I'll get it. It is near impossible to get someone's "dailies".

I could get scenes from the completed project, but very very rarely would you be able to get unfinished, unused scenes.

Anita
07/15/2003, 01:15 PM
Chet,

How about stills?

Spike
07/15/2003, 01:35 PM
Yea.. what Anita said. Along with Crosby, Nash and Young... :)

Heraclid
07/18/2003, 03:48 PM
I'm so VX-crazy I actually went out and found Mission to Mars and rented it for the first 5 minutes or so of it to see that thing. :) Sweet!

ameetw
11/27/2003, 06:54 PM
Hi... I Just saw another Vx in a TV series, Dark Angel. Not too sure which episode, The scene was when they were fighting in a parking area, behind them was a parked Vx. It was a wreck but still was a Vx, the fangs was a dead giveaway. It makes me proud to have one... :)

Me One Happy Guy!!!!

VehiSHARK
11/28/2003, 11:24 AM
this vehicle is a star in every sense.

they should use it because of its beauty and rarity

Jolly Roger VX'er
11/28/2003, 01:33 PM
I'm so VX-crazy I actually went out and found Mission to Mars and rented it for the first 5 minutes or so of it to see that thing. :) Sweet!

Ha...but, not as crazy as me as I went out and bought it when I saw if for sale as a used videotape for something like $5.

Bill Brown
11/28/2003, 01:40 PM
Someone may recall the specific sci-fi TV series where main characters drove a silver VX. One episode included the VX chasing bad guys in a P/U.-Bill Brown

Heraclid
11/28/2003, 02:43 PM
Bill, that is probably Mutant X. I have watched it a few times, but haven't been fortunate enough to see it yet. Apparently a black VX is in it sorta regularly.

psychos2
11/28/2003, 06:46 PM
i saw one in a tv show called Room Raiders . it is on mtv. the vx was parked next to a firebird in one of the girls driveways. shawn

Navigator
11/28/2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Jolly Roger VX'er
Ha...but, not as crazy as me as I went out and bought it when I saw if for sale as a used videotape for something like $5.

...Target has the Mission to Mars DVD brand new for $9.99, heck any movie with a VX in it can't be so bad :rotate:

Jolly Roger VX'er
11/30/2003, 05:17 AM
http://www.movievehicles.com/index.htm

I found this a while back...maybe somebody here could make use of it? I am intrigued but my workschedule doesn't permit much flexibility in free time to pursue it...although, It would be fun to post a listing just to see if you get any serious offers!

WyrreJ
11/30/2003, 08:02 AM
Interesting. They want about $25 for a listing fee and they don't (clearly at least) specify how long before you have to renew. But, not only are there no VX's in their database, they don't even list isuzu as a searchable make. Anybody list any of their other cars with these guys?

Jolly Roger VX'er
11/30/2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by WyrreJ
Interesting. They want about $25 for a listing fee and they don't (clearly at least) specify how long before you have to renew.

I don't know how "for real/on the up & up" the site is but I did find the following pertaining to your question:

Registering your vehicle for movie work with the leading picture car provider in all 50 States & Canada is as easy as filling out this form. For a mere annual (yearly) membership fee of $23.50 ,you can have a picture of your car, truck, or motorcycle appear in front of 100s of production companies daily to be considered for upcoming movie work. List any number of additional vehicles for an incredibly low fee of $5.00 per vehicle. There is no charge made until you tell us the make, model, and year of the vehicles, and you have a chance to review what the charges will be. We do not sell or otherwise give out any information to third parties, other than as an integral part of the rental process.

Our unconditional film work guarantee
That's right! You work or you don't pay! The ease and speed that production companies can now view photos of cars using NationwidePictureCars.Com's search engine gives all cars equal exposure, which spreads the work around.We are so certain that by listing with MovieVehicles.Com you will get picture car work, that if at the end of any membership year we have failed to get you work, MovieVehicles.Com will pay for your renewal year. No questions asked!

come on....who is going to be the first VX to post???? LOL.

yellowsubmarine
12/18/2003, 12:49 PM
YO WATS UP FAMILY! I HAD NO IDEA THERE WAS A VX CULT LOL. SO ANYWAY MY PROTON YELLOW SUBMARINE WAS ON THE MTV SHOW ROOM RAIDERS. THE GIRL IN THE MIDDLE OF THE VAN WAS MY SISTER . AND MY CAR WAS NEXT TO THE RED FIREBIRD. I LOVE MY FAMOUS SMILEY FACE! :)

nyc #1 ironman
12/18/2003, 01:02 PM
Hey Bro,
I saw that room raiders VX just real quick and I wasn't quite sure, so I keep watching MTV to see if they show it as an encore again. That was quite surprising.....

Cyrk
12/18/2003, 01:34 PM
Ha just saw the show with your VX in it... there was 2 shots of it real quick from the front...

Your sis is a really cutie!

-Dave

Doug
05/20/2004, 07:51 PM
I made an mpeg file of the VX cameo in Mission to Mars. I'd be happy to post it (under 5 meg) but don't know how.

Doug