PDA

View Full Version : By May 2009 my VX will be completely restored!

VXIRONwoMAN
01/04/2009, 01:12 PM
Because at this rate there won't be much else I have to fix!!!

It is in the high 30's and rain/sleeting outside. I was driving home from work last night/early this morning and I hear a loud BOOM! Then an invisible Harley Davidson came up next to my VX and wacked his throttle. The sound is absolutely aweful and the smell is even worse. I pulled over immediately. Something is very wrong with my exhaust system. But being cautious, I called a tow truck anyway... I don't want to do anymore damage. He dropped my baby off at the mechanic... they open tomorrow.

Since Moab last year I fixed the serpentine belt twice, the water pump pulley, my U-Joints, brakes, and many little odds and ends, not including cosmetic repairs. Yep, my VX should be fully restored in no time. I have no say on the pace she wants to get fixed up, I just have to go with whatever she says. I hate that!

Oh yea, and the night before last I had a screw in my right rear tire and the tire was operating at 18 psi!!! YIPES! So the TOD was going crazy and my VX was making funny noises. When I got home at 3AM me and Gill replaced it with my full size spare. Which was a pain in the A! It took both of us multiple attempts to get the dang nuts off! (Ha ha... I just reread this and that sounds bad or good... you know what I mean you pervs!)

Anywho... It has been an interesting start to a new year. Let's hope it gets better.

Ldub
01/04/2009, 01:28 PM
DANG...sorry to hear you're having mech troubles again...:sighwgray

Hope it turn$ out to be an easy (read cheap) fix, & you're back up & running soon...:thumbup:

BTW, how could you tell it was a Harley?...I mean, cuz it was invisible & all...;)

VXIRONwoMAN
01/04/2009, 01:39 PM
I guess it could have been the coolest sounding ricer I ever heard... Maybe it was a 30' Bayliner... My memory is foggy due to shock.

Solitude
01/04/2009, 01:49 PM
if it smells bad.. might be a catalytic converter issue..

kodiak
01/04/2009, 01:53 PM
Sorry to hear that. Yeah, the first thing I replace on my VX when I got it was the exhaust system. There was a sulfur smell coming off of it that was driving me nuts. I had a full stainless 2.5in magnaflow setup installed for about 4 bills.

pbkid
01/04/2009, 03:10 PM
aw cece thats too bad!!!

well all i gotta say is you best have it fixed by may....:)

could it have been a really bad pothole in the road filled with smelly stuff that hit your exhaust and made the bad smell (wishful thinking)??

tomdietrying
01/04/2009, 06:05 PM
CeCe, sorry to hear about your troubles. Let's hope it's something minor and something inexpensive.
Peace.
Tom

VX crazy
01/04/2009, 07:50 PM
I am sure it wont be as bad as you imagine! I would be the same way! I have my fingers crossed for you!

iamironman
01/04/2009, 10:00 PM
"Gill and I"

:cool:
:p
:eek:

Sorry for your misfortune...

VXIRONwoMAN
01/04/2009, 10:20 PM
"Gill and I"

:cool:
:p
:eek:

Sorry for your misfortune...

Shut up... Eye em sposed ta bee n shawk hear an ain't speekin gud... :rolleyes:

nocturnalVX
01/04/2009, 10:28 PM
"Gill and I"

I don't remember working on your VX. How many Jager shots did I do that night???

:smack: + :_beer: + ;puke: = :_thinking

iamironman
01/04/2009, 10:32 PM
Shut up... Eye em sposed ta bee n shawk hear an ain't speekin gud... :rolleyes:

Finally!!
Someone who makes sense on this Forum...

;)

Jolly Roger VX'er
01/04/2009, 11:45 PM
EXERCISE THE DEMONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

There, that ought to help. It worked for me back when my VX was new and acting like it was possessed. :freek:

if that isn't enough, try adding holy water to your car wash water. :angel:

on a serious note....:luck:

nfpgasmask
01/05/2009, 09:37 AM
CeCe, so what are you saying? Did you blow a hole in your muffler or something? Weird. Hope you get it fixed up ok! Did you have it towed to Espo's? I'm sure he will take good care of you. That weather sounds nice. Gotta love Chicago!!! :p

Good luck,

Bart

VXIRONwoMAN
01/05/2009, 12:45 PM
CeCe, so what are you saying? Did you blow a hole in your muffler or something? Weird. Hope you get it fixed up ok! Did you have it towed to Espo's?

I am saying exactly what I know... That my VX sounds either really bad az or horrifying. Gill said I should keep it the way it was... it's louder than his PV1 with more growl? or is it a gurgle???

Yep, I had it towed to Espo's. They do all the work on my baby. Monday's are always busy, so I should hear from him late today or tomorrow. I will let you all know once I find out what is up.

nocturnalVX
01/05/2009, 12:47 PM
... it's louder than his PV1 with more growl? or is it a gurgle???

It's BROKE!:bgwb:

LittleBeast
01/05/2009, 01:04 PM
it's louder than his PV1

Impossible. ;)

tom4bren
01/05/2009, 01:15 PM
"It's BROKE!"

You really don't want to get married do you??? Comments like that have been known to get blokes castrated.:)

circmand
01/05/2009, 02:58 PM
If your car runs you are probably broke
If you are not broke your car probably is
If you are a married guy you are broke
If you are not married she is probably broke:wtfg::wtfy::wtfb::wtfr::wtfp::wtfo:

VXIRONwoMAN
01/06/2009, 11:40 PM
It's a $65 weld job! Thank goodness! It was a clean break in the pipe adjacent the manifold. They don't know the cause because it's clean. No off roading damage or anything. My VX just decided that it wanted it's exhaust fixed so, like a good servant, I do as I am told. :p

pbkid
01/06/2009, 11:50 PM
oh good!!!! you scared us all cece...

Jolly Roger VX'er
01/07/2009, 02:48 AM
It's a $65 weld job! Thank goodness! It was a clean break in the pipe adjacent the manifold. They don't know the cause because it's clean. No off roading damage or anything. My VX just decided that it wanted it's exhaust fixed so, like a good servant, I do as I am told. :p

great news...now take the money you saved and buy this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sticker-IRONWOMAN-Decal-Female-Kona-Triathlon-Ironman_W0QQitemZ220338673187QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item220338673187&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A3%7C294%3A50

Ldub
01/07/2009, 05:31 AM
It's a $65 weld job! Thank goodness!

:dance:...:thumbup:...:dance:...:cool:

nfpgasmask
01/07/2009, 08:18 AM
Cece-now you got me curious! So, is the break right on the passenger side of the engine where the exhaust pipes connect at a triangular piece of metal? I ask because if so, this is EXACTLY what happened to Ascinder a month ago!

Inquiring minds want to know! Good news about getting it fixed!

Bart

VXIRONwoMAN
01/07/2009, 12:41 PM
Cece-now you got me curious! So, is the break right on the passenger side of the engine where the exhaust pipes connect at a triangular piece of metal? I ask because if so, this is EXACTLY what happened to Ascinder a month ago!

Inquiring minds want to know! Good news about getting it fixed!

Bart

:eek: Yes, it is right under the passenger side. It's right where the pipes connect to the manifold. Once the ice/snow melts and evaporates, I will go under the and take some pics. Though the mechanic said he had to do a lot of searching before finding where it all went wrong.

Got her back! My baby is all better now. YAY!

nfpgasmask
01/07/2009, 01:08 PM
:eek: Yes, it is right under the passenger side. It's right where the pipes connect to the manifold. Once the ice/snow melts and evaporates, I will go under the and take some pics. Though the mechanic said he had to do a lot of searching before finding where it all went wrong.

Got her back! My baby is all better now. YAY!

WEIRD! This is exactly where Ascinder's broke! I thought it was just some one off case of VX weirdness but now it seems we all have to look out for this! Did yours break at the weld? That's where Ascinder's broke and I wonder if this is just a spot where there is a weak weld or something.... :eek:

Bart

pbkid
01/07/2009, 04:16 PM
hmmm, definately will need to look into an exhaust rebuild if this happens more...