PDA

View Full Version : Window Issue - Regulator and Window Strip

Grand_Canyon_VXer
01/12/2009, 06:10 PM
Took the VX in recently. I thought it was the tab issue. My guys said it was the Regulator and Window Strip (guide).

Anyone know where I can get replacement parts?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

tom4bren
01/13/2009, 08:56 AM
IIRC - that's what you are always told at the shop. Replacing the regulator does not fix the problem (or if it does, the problem soon returns). Order the brackets from Street Boutique Customs (SBC), and install them yourself - it's not that complicated. Keep your tracks lubricated & you should be fine.

Brian Drinks
01/13/2009, 09:02 AM
Took the VX in recently. I thought it was the tab issue. My guys said it was the Regulator and Window Strip (guide).

Anyone know where I can get replacement parts?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Hey try isuzu parts.com,I replaced both mine back in october,Parts# 8-97218-462-0 parts# 8-97218-463-0 thats for driver and passenger door,My cable on my driver side regulator rap it self up real good,so i just replaced both windows to be on the safe side.

Grand_Canyon_VXer
01/13/2009, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the info guys.

Is there an easy way to tell if it's the tabs? I actually purchased the brackets a while back, just in case, and took them to the shop. They still said it was the regulator.

Brian Drinks
01/13/2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the info guys.

Is there an easy way to tell if it's the tabs? I actually purchased the brackets a while back, just in case, and took them to the shop. They still said it was the regulator.

Hey it can still be the regulator,mine still shift forward eventhough i changed my regulators ,so i need to do the window tabs,i know that will makea big diffrents.:eek:

tom4bren
01/13/2009, 10:31 AM
Since you already have the brackets in hand, go for it. If the regulators still need to be changed after you are done, no harm.

But don't forget the silicon lubricant in the tracks - that makes the biggest difference.