PDA

View Full Version : A Few Things...

VXRaven
01/22/2009, 01:25 AM
I need a few things done for my VX. The previous owner was some surgeon in Detroit that apparently figured he was also a surgeon on cars...only to kill the VX that I eventually bought from him soon thereafter.

Here are the problems that currently exist with my 2001 VX:

1.) My car has a nearly entirely rusted undercarriage. I am afraid to try and use pressure cleaner to remove the rust because I don't want to destroy the metal underneath. What do you suggest?

2.) There are two 7" crack along the upper length of the hood's plastic insert. I need a new hood insert...:(

3.) I have a right headlight out.

4.) I want to make my seats move further up so my fat friends can fit in the backseat. (Mind you I live in Miami, FL and us Latinos have big asses...so it is difficult for us to get in and out of the backseat.) :rolly2:

Thanks, guys! Any and all help will be useful. I don't want to get rid of my VX if I can't fix it!

-VXRaven

etlsport
01/22/2009, 03:51 AM
you might as well use the pressure washer.. anything that comes off because of it was useless anyway

the hood insert is known to crack on some.. .nothing you can really do about it... a few have fiberglassed hood scoops into their vxs and then repainted them to match the cladding.. you could probably do that or just fiberglass it smooth again and repaint

replace the headlight bulb

go to www.tonemonday.com and order seat extension brackets, they will give you 4 inches of extra clearance

nfpgasmask
01/22/2009, 08:44 AM
Everything Etl said above is correct. If you live in Florida, the sun has probably taken it's toll on your hood insert. I have had my VX since May of 2006 and recently I noticed my hood insert has started to crack.

Order a new hood insert from Merlin (800-727-8066). Be sure to ask for Merlin, and tell him you were referred by this forum. You will get the discounted price and free shipping. A new hood insert is $375.06 while supplies last. I ordered one yesterday. Thank Merlin profusely.

Bart