PDA

View Full Version : Isuzu North America Closing next week

Baldwin
01/23/2009, 06:45 PM
So the Headquarters in Cerritos, CA is closing next week. I met with the corporate communications person and they just donated the VXo2, VX 4, Axiom convertible, and Axiom prototype to the Peterson Museum in LA. He also gave me a some stuff to give to the VX group. The easiest thing is if you live in the LA area and are willing to come to my house and pick some stuff up. I have 5 framed collectors photos, 7 swiss army knives, 11 Tamiya models, 10 hats, 10 visors, 9 air gauges, 5 bags, 4 t-shirts and 5 Sales VHS tapes. PM me. Might need to charge a little for S & H. Not sure how to upload the pics. Tryin' to figure that out now.

blacksambo
01/23/2009, 07:51 PM
Hey I'm not in LA but willing to pay shipping. Please give us outliers some chance at this stuff. Pretty please????
Thank you.

johnny010
01/23/2009, 08:00 PM
So the Headquarters in Cerritos, CA is closing next week. I met with the corporate communications person and they just donated the VXo2, VX 4, Axiom convertible, and Axiom prototype to the Peterson Museum in LA. He also gave me a some stuff to give to the VX group. The easiest thing is if you live in the LA area and are willing to come to my house and pick some stuff up. I have 5 framed collectors photos, 7 swiss army knives, 11 Tamiya models, 10 hats, 10 visors, 9 air gauges, 5 bags, 4 t-shirts and 5 Sales VHS tapes. PM me. Might need to charge a little for S & H. Not sure how to upload the pics. Tryin' to figure that out now.

I'll take a swiss army knife, an air gauge, bag, t-shirt (size?), VXo2 and VX 4.

Let me know on shipping/transport

johnny010
01/23/2009, 08:01 PM
aslo, did they mention if they will fill all orders placed this week? i have some parts i've ordered out of CA placed Wed. the 21st.

rickshaw
01/23/2009, 08:12 PM
PM Sent.

Baldwin
01/23/2009, 08:49 PM
I'm tallying the stuff as people PM me and make their requests. To be fair to as many people as possible, I'd like to ask that we limit to no more than 3 items. If they are small items we can do 4. PM me your address too with your full name. I'll send everything out at once after the tally is done and all items are spoken for.

johnnyapollo
01/23/2009, 09:00 PM
PM sent.

Baldwin
01/23/2009, 09:08 PM
I forgot, there are 3 notebooks and 4 hand held fans too that light up. It's pretty cool. I still haven't figured out how to post the pictures so you guys can see them. Do i have to upload them to another site?

Baldwin
01/23/2009, 09:16 PM
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=61016&l=6407d&id=531897554

rowhard
01/23/2009, 09:21 PM
did he offer a partridge in a pear tree??

Am glad the 'one off trucks' went somewhere that all can enjoy. Figured they might of ended up at Barrett -Jackson last weekend

lasturbo
01/23/2009, 09:23 PM
PM'd you. Thanks for including us!

VX KAT
01/23/2009, 09:29 PM
I'd like:
1) Tamaya model (purple if you have one!)
2) air gauge
3) Swiss army knife

My mother lives in Long Beach, if you're close enough, (she doesn't drive freeways anymore) could she just pick up the stuff (and pay you in person if you want)?

Lastly....I can only post pics in posts that I've already put IN MY GALLERY FIRST. Don't know if it's supposed to be that way, but it works. Hit "Gallery" at top....then click "Gallery links" from top, then click "Upload photos" 2nd from bottom.

Also, I could only attach pics the other day when I STARTED a thread.....so maybe I could go start a new thread right now, call it "VX Stuff -ISUZU Corp in Cerritos"...then at BOTTOM, you MUST HIT BLUE BUTTON on LEFT- "POST REPLY"

it will give you the little window on right that has smiles and and should be able to attach pics then by hitting "OPEN" in little box on right under smiles.

Maybe someone else can give better instructions.

Let me know, I'll start a new thread.

Baldwin
01/23/2009, 09:51 PM
Swiss Army Knives are all spoken for now.

VXIRONwoMAN
01/23/2009, 09:58 PM
I will pay shipping...

If they are still available... Bag, picture frame, model and magazine.

Pretty please!!!!

tomdietrying
01/23/2009, 10:18 PM
That's very generous of you.

I'll take an air gauge if that cool with you? It's a given......I'll pay shipping.

Peace and Thanks.
Tom

Baldwin
01/23/2009, 10:27 PM
Collectors Frame pics, Swiss Army Knives, Press Kit are no longer available.

Just found 4 mouse pads in the box Isuzu gave me as well as an 2 Isuzu Umbrellas

What's left:
5 hats
10 Visors
3 notebooks
4 tire air gauges
2 bags
2 VHS sales tapes
2 t-shirts (one size...large i think)
6 Model Tamiyas
4 fans
5 mouse pads
2 umbrellas

VX KAT
01/23/2009, 10:45 PM
What's the mouse pad look like? Color, logo...

Baldwin
01/23/2009, 11:00 PM

Raque Thomas
01/24/2009, 05:43 AM
Sent you an email - I'd like one of the models, please!

TheGanzman
01/24/2009, 08:10 AM
I'd like one of the notebooks please. I'm reasonably local - if you put it aside for me, I'll pick up in the next couple weeks - I'd like to meet you and see your VX while I'm at it!:bwgy:

cyronman
01/24/2009, 08:16 AM
Wow, that's pretty cool.

My corporate office is in Cerritos, I actually drive by the Isuzu HQ every time I'm up there.
And, I will be up there next week!
I sent a PM, I can pick up at your house.

Thanks,

Cy

Jolly Roger VX'er
01/24/2009, 08:27 AM
I met with the corporate communications person and they just donated the VXo2, VX 4, Axiom convertible, and Axiom prototype to the Peterson Museum in LA.

http://www.petersen.org/default.cfm?DocId=705

This would be a great place for an LA based meet once you know for sure that the donated Isuzu's have been put on display!

sorry for the thread-jack.......back on topic!

Ldub
01/24/2009, 09:33 AM
PM sent...:thumbup:

Baldwin
01/24/2009, 10:12 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to try to set up a private meeting for the VX club there. Also spoke with one of the designers of the o2 and he was let go last week. bummer. He's interested in a modification so he might join us.

I got most of the requests and hopefully answered most of you. I wrote all the requests down in the order it was received. Here's what's left:

5 hats (Isuzu)
12 visors Isuzu (that you wear on your head...think Volleyball)
3 tire gauges (Isuzu)
2 bags (Isuzu)
3 VHS Tapes (VX)
1 T-shirt (Isuzu)
4 models (VX - assym req'd)
1 Fan (Isuzu)
4 Mouse pads (Isuzu)
1 Umbrella (Isuzu)

email me at baldwin.chiu@gmail. The PM box gets full fast!

nfpgasmask
01/24/2009, 10:59 AM
Email sent!

Thanks!!!!

Bart

Ldub
01/24/2009, 11:00 AM
email sent...
Also, could I have a visor?

isaac65
01/24/2009, 12:52 PM
Email sent! I've always wanted one of those models. Some of the other stuff looks cool too! :cool:

Gussie2000
01/24/2009, 03:32 PM
Well that's the end of a era.

I guess all left is to say see ya isuzu. :(

Riff Raff
01/24/2009, 06:09 PM
E-Mail sent. Thanx so much, you're awesome!!!

Baldwin
01/24/2009, 07:05 PM
Ok guys. Looks like the demand has been high and we are running low. I'm gonna ask that we put a stop to orders. I'm going to tabulate everything and confirm with each of you with the estimated S&H cost. FYI, I'll have to take into consideration the time I took off to get this all done. Was a lot more work than I thought. Will have to package everything and take it all to the post office to get weighed. Don't worry, it'll range from $5 to $30 depending on how heavy and how much stuff you asked for. If I have left overs, I'll repost. Looks like most have been spoken for. If you all could, please email me at baldwin.chiu@gmail.com if you placed an order. I'll cross check it with my list based on the PM's, forum, and emails. I had to delete a bunch of PM's so hopefully i wrote it all down right.

isaac65
01/25/2009, 05:58 AM
Awesome! You're the man! Thanks so much for doing this for all of us. The more I hang around these forums, the more I see how great this community is. It makes me feel even better for buying my VX.

rickshaw
01/25/2009, 10:29 PM
Baldwin & Rickshaw meet up in Pasadena, CA
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/Baldwin.jpg

First off thanks Baldwin for offering these items to the members of this forum and thanks to the kind folks at Isuzu Headquarters for thinking of us and wanting these items to go to loyal Vehicross owners.

Fortunately I was close enough to drive to Baldwin's place and personally pickup a few items.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/JamesAlexander.jpg
The James Alexander litho is extremely nice. The framed (signed and numbered) litho was suppose to go to the first 500 Vehicross's sold.
Well Litho number 477/500 now has a good home.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/InSights.jpg
The "Art & Science: 1999 Isuzu VehiCROSS" Video is great. I enjoy the (hand built) manufacturing scenes.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Manufacturing1.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Manufacturing2.jpg

Thanks again to Baldwin for the hard work your putting into this project.
I will see you at the Petersen Automotive Museum event. Just let me know when it is.

VX crazy
01/26/2009, 05:25 AM
Is that a DVD of the build process of the VX??? If so where can I get a copy or have someone burn me a copy of theirs?? I will pay...

Ldub
01/26/2009, 05:46 AM
Is that a DVD of the build process of the VX??? If so where can I get a copy or have someone burn me a copy of theirs?? I will pay...

x2...:thumbup:

Baldwin
01/26/2009, 09:05 AM
Isuzu would like to clarify to us that Isuzu Motors America is not going out of business! The company will still be here, in the building in Cerritos, and will still have 230 service and parts "dealers" nationwide. People will still be able to get their parts. Only the sale of new vehicles ends this month.

Spike
01/26/2009, 10:34 AM
Looks like I came late to the party ...

Would love a knife and/or hat

model would rock too if any are left ...

having probs with p.m. here...

spike913 at yahoo

I remember visting the site a few years ago on a business trip.. met with an associate of a friend of mine who worked there ... He gave me a walk through of the VX-2 that was sitting in the lobby at the time.

I couldnt get a good view underneath the building to see if the VX-02 was still there... he was kinda tight lipped about that anyway ..

Triathlete
01/26/2009, 11:43 AM

Someone could put it on sendspace.com as a zip file and then send the link to those interested to be downloaded. It only keeps the file available for a certain amount of time. The files are limited to 300MB...not sure how big the video file is.

Baldwin
01/26/2009, 02:14 PM
Some of you have already sent paypals so that's cool. This is takin' a bit more time with 20-something orders. I'm swamped with work for the next 2 weeks. Pretty much took 1 1/2 days of work off to goto Isuzu and pick up the stuff and get things divided up for everyone and will take some more time to package everything. Please be patient. Will be on a business trip next week. Will get things out asap. Can't lose my job in the economy. Thanks for understanding. LA folk, feel free to contact me to pick up your stuff at my apt if you don't wanna wait.

rowhard
01/26/2009, 02:27 PM
Isuzu would like to clarify to us that Isuzu Motors America is not going out of business! The company will still be here, in the building in Cerritos, and will still have 230 service and parts "dealers" nationwide. People will still be able to get their parts. Only the sale of new vehicles ends this month.

That's good to hear:)

rickshaw
01/26/2009, 04:22 PM
Someone could put it on sendspace.com as a zip file and then send the link to those interested to be downloaded. It only keeps the file available for a certain amount of time. The files are limited to 300MB...not sure how big the video file is.

Thanks Triathlete,

"Art & Science: 1999 Isuzu VehiCROSS" video
Has been uploaded to sendspace.com
The file is a MP4 for ipod (zipped) 270 MB, 30 min. long.
Download Link (http://www.sendspace.com/file/jls91u)
The file becomes inactive if it has not been downloaded at least once during a 30 day period.

Enjoy

johnny010
01/26/2009, 06:05 PM
If anyone has a litho photo you want to sell/make some change off of, let me know........

Baldwin
01/27/2009, 05:37 PM
I need everyone that I've emailed confirmations on to email me at baldwin.chiu@gmail.com with your address and VX screen name so I can match everyones and track payment. once I get everyone's address, i can go get all the packaging stuff and go ship everything. I am trying to make only 1 trip to the post office and supply store. The frames will be the tough ones cuz it's so big. If any of you that confirmed the frame would be ok with me removing the frame and just sending the litho, email me cuz that would be a lot easier. It's 21x18x1.5. The pic is 14x11.

rowhard
01/27/2009, 06:56 PM
So Bladwin, do you have anything left?

Baldwin
01/30/2009, 04:44 PM
I've received payments from 10 of you so far. I'm going to ask that the rest of you hold off on payment. I won't get to yours for a while. I may have underestimated the time involved and this has come to become an arduous task to sort through everything and get boxes and the like. For those that have sent payment, your stuff will come after I get back from my business trip. I need more time to divvy it up. For those that came by the apartment, thanks. It made things a lot easier to just pull it out of the box and hand it to you. If you can come to LA, please let me know. You'll get your stuff a lot quicker. Everything has been spoken for already. Sorry it's not so simple. Just trying to spread the wealth. Patience please.

nfpgasmask
01/30/2009, 04:56 PM
YOU DA MAN! I'm in no hurry, just happy to get a few of these things!

Bart

Scott Harness
01/30/2009, 05:09 PM

I've got several dvd's of this(Anita sent them to me)I'll make some more copies.

Ldub
01/30/2009, 07:57 PM
YOU DA MAN! I'm in no hurry, just happy to get a few of these things!

Bart

X2...:thumbup:

No hurries, no worries from me.

I enjoy forgetting all about it, & then getting a pleasant surprise in the mail...:smilewink

lasturbo
01/30/2009, 11:10 PM
I've got several dvd's of this(Anita sent them to me)I'll make some more copies.

May I request one and let me know the shipping to San Diego. Thanks!

mikemol
01/31/2009, 12:29 AM
Hi, if you still have a model and a picture from the frame left - I'd like to get one of each. I sent you an email and will send you a PM as well.
Thanks.
Mikhail.

Scott Harness
01/31/2009, 09:10 AM
May I request one and let me know the shipping to San Diego. Thanks!

PM me your address

taylorRichie
01/31/2009, 09:10 AM
Missed this thread :) I'll take anything that's left... It would be great to get a slide from one of the books... I'll make a high res scan of it, and post it for download. Or if someone could do it for us uthat would be great!!

:'( sad day that they're officially closing

mikemol
01/31/2009, 05:44 PM
I missed it all.

If anyone decides to sell the litho photo or a model (as it requires assembly) - please, let me know.

I've been looking for a model like this on eBay but they only have Tamiya model that takes batteries and comes with a motor. Too bad I didn't look on the forum in the last week :( and right when I didn't look you had quite a good stock of them. Too bad I missed it all.

TheGanzman
01/31/2009, 05:49 PM
Like the old saying goes: "You want it, we HAD it!":bgwo:

pbkid
02/01/2009, 09:47 AM
X2...:thumbup:

No hurries, no worries from me.

I enjoy forgetting all about it, & then getting a pleasant surprise in the mail...:smilewink

lol thats awesome!!

i literally laughed out loud, i have definately done that myself :yesr:

Spike
02/01/2009, 06:06 PM

I have a duplicator and can make a chunk of DVDs at a time ... unattended

nfpgasmask
02/02/2009, 01:26 PM
I have a duplicator and can make a chunk of DVDs at a time ... unattended

I'd love to have this on DVD...that would be excellent. Thansk!

Bart

CrnCnn
02/02/2009, 02:21 PM
I'd love to have this on DVD...that would be excellent. Thanks!

Bart

x2

Ascinder
02/02/2009, 02:29 PM
x3

Hotsauce
02/02/2009, 07:36 PM
I'm disgusted by the greed here.

Ask for just *1* item only.

Not enough to get something free?

You want to grab with 2 hands and nothing left to go around for others.

John C.

Ascinder
02/02/2009, 07:52 PM
I'm disgusted by the greed here.

John C.

Are you serious?

Ldub
02/02/2009, 07:53 PM
To be fair to as many people as possible, I'd like to ask that we limit to no more than 3 items. If they are small items we can do 4.QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Hotsauce;146403]I'm disgusted by the greed here.

John C.

Sorry you feel that way...if you see something that I asked for, that would really make your day, pm me & I'll see what I can do...:yesgray:

No material posessions will ever make me feel as good as giving to my brother in need...:flower:

lasturbo
02/03/2009, 11:24 AM
I was one of the early PM'rs (at least I thought I was) and got nothing, or a response but oh well. I am sure Baldwin was swamped and did not have to do it in the first place so I cannot be that upset. Luckily Scott Harness is making some dups of the DVD and sending one out so I really appreciated that. I really wanted a litho too. My 2 cents.

Riff Raff
02/03/2009, 12:39 PM
Some of you have already sent paypals so that's cool. This is takin' a bit more time with 20-something orders. I'm swamped with work for the next 2 weeks. Pretty much took 1 1/2 days of work off to goto Isuzu and pick up the stuff and get things divided up for everyone and will take some more time to package everything. Please be patient. Will be on a business trip next week. Will get things out asap. Can't lose my job in the economy. Thanks for understanding. LA folk, feel free to contact me to pick up your stuff at my apt if you don't wanna wait.

If you look at the date of this posting, then Baldwin is probably still on his 2-week mission of work. Please give him some time to complete his employment taskings, and I'm sure he will follow-up once he returns back home. Patience is a virtue.

Ldub
02/27/2009, 08:46 PM
Recieved my package of VX swag yesterday & just wanted to say THANK YOU!

It all arrived in good shape & I appreciate you taking the time & effort to get it packaged & shipped...:thumbup:

Also, thanks for the CD, the way things have been going lately, it'll be a while before I have time to give it a listen, but soon, I hope...:cool:

etlsport
02/27/2009, 08:58 PM
:thumbup: i got mine 2 days ago, big thanks to you Won! i appreciate you taking the time (and dub definitely take the time to listen to the cd he sent, ive listened to his music on his myspace page.. that too gets a :thumbup:)

tomdietrying
02/27/2009, 09:14 PM
Baldwin, I received my package too. Thank you again for going to ALL the time and effort for everyone. That was really a special thing you did.
Peace.
Tom

p.s.
Loved your music!

nfpgasmask
02/27/2009, 09:30 PM
Yup, got mine after work today! Thanks sooo much for doing this!

Bart

PittVXr
02/28/2009, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the goods. My package arrived yesterday. This must have been a massive undertaking. I appreciate it.

Baldwin
03/01/2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the updates. I'm glad you guys got them. I'm still on my business trip. I packaged as much as I could over the weekend I was back before I hit the road again. I sent out personal messages to those of you that requested SWAG and asked for your understanding that I would like to go back to my original idea of having you guys come by to pick up the stuff. It just makes it a lot easier. I had a bunch of requests as soon as I posted to send stuff out. I wanted to share it as much as possible, but it really took too much time and the nearby post offices and even UPS/FedEX places were really inconvenient cuz there wasn't any parking cept street parking. I had to park around the corner and make multiple trips to the most convenient post office in my area and that was just 10 packages. I guess I got frustrated and stressed with work and the economy and how much time I needed to get back to work cuz I'm supporting my family on 1 income. At this point, I'd still like to have people come by to pick it up. Email me and let me know if you can stop by and I'll let you know my schedule. I'm in the Northern LA area.