PDA

View Full Version : TOD Display on dashboard issue

nhvxman
02/01/2009, 06:35 AM
Hey, what's up everyone??

I had some work done on the TOD system last summer. I had to replace all four TOD sensors, there is one sensor associated with each wheel. This ended up costing me about $1200. Before I got this work done, my TOD display and TOD system seemed to work the way it is designed to. For example, if I press on the gas pedal hard, all three sections for the front wheels sequentially illuminate. Obviously this means there is more power being brought to the front wheels. Now here's the problem. When I got my VX back, those three sections for the front wheels would never illuminate, only if I shifted the VX into 4WD low. I never thought much of it, until now. There is a lot of snow in New Hampshire and I've noticed its performance in the snow is not at all what it used to be. When driving slowly in the snow, I suddenly press the gas pedal and it seems there is no power going to the front tires because the VX fishtail's like a 2WD pickup. A couple times I've been stuck in the snow in 4WD high, I keep the gas pedal pressed down, open the door to see if the front wheels are spinning and they aren't even moving. Of course, as soon as I shift her into 4WD low, I'm able to get unstuck. So basically, my front tires don't seem to get power and/or show power going to them in 4WD high.
I'm sure I need to take it back to the dealership but I was just curious if any of you have ever dealt with a situation like this before.
I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Ben

pbkid
02/01/2009, 09:10 AM
ya sounds like they didnt finish hooking/plugging everything back in...