PDA

View Full Version : Headlight adjustment/lift

Ben KVX
02/11/2009, 05:43 PM
So, the leveling kit I bought from 4 wheel parts actually went in the rear, it raised me 1.5", then I cranked the torsions 2.25" to level things out and aligned it. Hope the tires come in tomorrow. So, looking at the owners manual I don't see how to adjust the headlights. Anybody know? Also, lifting became much more acceptable with the wife once she saw how much easier it was to see out the back with the front lifted. Hope this point works with others whos wifes don't understand the whole lifting thing.

deermagnet
02/11/2009, 06:24 PM
The up and down adjustment is very easy to do. On the back of the lens is a silver metal disc with a small hex head. Use the right size wrench or even just pliers to turn it and you'll see the light pattern move on a wall with just a small turn. There's a Y shaped notch there also that you can use a certain size phillips head to turn the same part. In Fig. 6 below you can see the notch and the teeth on the disc for a phillips head. The hex is just out of view on the back side toward the engine. I've found that the drivers side needs to be a bit lower than the pass side to avoid getting flashed by other vehicles. I've never had to do the sideways adjust.
Here's how the dealers do it-
http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/mgpa/vx/headlightaim.gif

Mark Griffin