PDA

View Full Version : New Gears

WiSDoM
02/13/2009, 02:41 PM
I finally saved up enough money to get my 4.77s, diff drop brackets installed, and the Aussie locker put in the rear. I cannot really express how excited I am with the gains in speed. I am grinning ear to ear right now. The get up an go from complete stop-60mph or the from 60 to 85 mph is crazy, reminds me of my dad's f250 with a 460 V8. It is the balls. Super Quick. Would highly recommend this mod to those with lifts and bigger tires.

I know 4.77 R&Gs are hard to find. I know it took me a while for mine, but well worth it..

P.S. if anyone is interested in buying my old diff brackets and or my 3rd members PM me. I also have a diff bracket that has a 2" drop all really which was made as a template. I believe it is the leftside.

tomdietrying
02/13/2009, 02:53 PM
PM sent.
Peace.
Tom

p.s.
tom4bren I sent you a PM also.

WiSDoM
02/14/2009, 07:34 AM
haha no leaks Zeus. I had the shop that installed my new tranny. I had been collecting parts for sometime as you know. By the time I had all the parts needed to do the job, my Vx needed both front axles replaced(due to the lift and some serious offroad stress), new brakes(rotors and shoes) on all four corners, all new tires, another hd outer tie-rod end, and front shocks.

I am happy with their job, but once again my vx addiction has broke the bank.

Well until we need our next VX fix..... I should be high high high

kpaske
02/14/2009, 08:46 AM
PM Sent!!

tom4bren
02/14/2009, 07:30 PM
Wisdom,

Can you describe how you modified the diff drop bracket? Is it like BigMeat modified his, more like Zeus did his or is it different from either?

Tom

WiSDoM
02/14/2009, 08:36 PM
I will take a picture tomorrow. I had my welder cut the cut and add a two inch piece to the top of the bracket and then he continued the curved edges on both edges.