PDA

View Full Version : colorado meet?? try again??

pbkid
03/03/2009, 07:54 PM
hey, just wanted to see if anyone was interested in meeting up for some lunch and maybe a cruise???

maybe the 14th,15th,21st, or 22nd???

i set the date for the 15th for now on the thread, but it could be changed...

shouldnt be any weather issues this time...

now we just have to worry about short notice.

MSHardeman
03/04/2009, 08:55 AM
I'm up for it Jack. I haven't double checked my calendar, but any of those dates should be just fine for me.

It'll be good to see some old faces and meet some new ones so let's get it together Colorado VXers.

pbkid
03/04/2009, 12:44 PM
ok, we will plan the 15th for now...

any votes on just dinner or to go do a quick trail?? maybe a scenic drive through the mountains??

hows everyone feeling??

MSHardeman
03/04/2009, 01:04 PM
To save a little bit of money, it would need to be a day time thing for me so I could drive down to Denver in the morning and back home that evening. If we can do lunch and a quick trail/drive I would be down for that.

crager34
03/05/2009, 06:16 AM
How about meeting somewhere it bit West of Denver, like Silverthorn or Breck??

MSHardeman
03/05/2009, 07:41 AM
I can meet anywhere along the I-70 corridor. Frisco/Breck would definitely be closer for me, but I'm not sure if the Denverites would want to leave town.:p

Jack, should we roll a little skiing/boarding into this and meet at one of the front range mountains?

mdwyer
03/05/2009, 08:36 AM
I'm intending to get to Leadville this weekend for Ski Joring (http://www.visitleadvilleco.com/ski_joring).

As for next weekend? I wouldn't want to go past Leadville, but I would consider something along the I-70 corridor. I don't know many places, though. There are a couple of places in Idaho Springs, but I'm not allowed to spend any money there. (Long story. :) )

There's a restaurant or two in the parking lot near the City Market on the hill outside Dillon, but I can't remember what they are. They might be good for parking and access, if someone can help me refresh my memory.

pbkid
03/05/2009, 11:37 AM
i would love to do a skiing day....or lunch

i have a season pass for copper and winter park..and could probably get a hold of a few more if you guys want to ride with your face a little covered up ;) that way everyone could ride for free....

or something like beau-jo's would be good (really good pizza joint in idaho springs)

darrin you thinking about joining us?? that would be great to have you...its a little bit of a drive for you...probably what? like 4 hours for you??

crager34
03/05/2009, 01:20 PM
i would love to do a skiing day....or lunch

darrin you thinking about joining us?? that would be great to have you...its a little bit of a drive for you...probably what? like 4 hours for you??

I would love to join you which is why I brought up having you guys on the Front Range drive an hour or two. Spring skiing at A Basin would be nice. If not, I still might consider heading to Denver that weekend. Heck... I was just there for a week and a half.

pbkid
03/05/2009, 05:22 PM
ok, also, some other ideas if everyone wants to ski...
i picked up some BOGO free tickets at wendy's today, to copper and winter park, so the lift tickets would be about $45 a piece...

or, we could buy a fourpass (if they still have those, basically its four lift tickets for around $150, so that would break down to $40 a piece)

great, im excited to meet up with some other colorado VX'ers

MSHardeman
03/05/2009, 08:27 PM
If everyone else is up for it I could go for some front range boarding (never done it before), but I totally understand if everyone wants to save money and just do lunch. Besides, skiing would be fun, but there really wouldn't be any VX's involved (aside from the drive to the mountain). I suppose we could do a little mini meet and greet/ checking out each others rides before or after skiing/ boarding.

What's the consensus? Lunch meet (get...lunch meet :rolleyes:) or ski/board meet?

pbkid
03/05/2009, 08:59 PM
If everyone else is up for it I could go for some front range boarding (never done it before), but I totally understand if everyone wants to save money and just do lunch. Besides, skiing would be fun, but there really wouldn't be any VX's involved (aside from the drive to the mountain). I suppose we could do a little mini meet and greet/ checking out each others rides before or after skiing/ boarding.

What's the consensus? Lunch meet (get...lunch meet :rolleyes:) or ski/board meet?

agreed, that we may get more time to 'chit-chat' and 'dork around' talking about VX's...

my vote would be a place like beau-jo's...or maybe like breckenridge brewery? (they serve food i believe, and it would be closer to darrin) i get TONS of snowboarding in anyhow...

darrin- are you planning on making it a day trip?? or do you have family or friends over here that you would stay with for the weekend?

MSHardeman
03/06/2009, 06:41 PM
Jack,
I tend to agree. I get enough snowboarding in, and the snow is absolute crud right now anyway (at least in the Aspen valley), so I'm leaning more towards a lunch thing so we can totally geek out on VX talk.

Breck sounds good to me if the Denverites want to make it up there.

pbkid
03/06/2009, 10:20 PM
i have no problem with breck, the boss man would have quite of a drive from pueblo though... and mdwyer would have about 2.5 hours from black forest...

whats your guys' input? if location is gonna sway you guys at all let us know now...

mdwyer
03/07/2009, 06:33 PM
i have no problem with breck, the boss man would have quite of a drive from pueblo though... and mdwyer would have about 2.5 hours from black forest...

Other way around, actually. I'm just north of Denver. I might be the most central of all of us, which makes my preferences not count for much. :) MSHardeman and Moncha are the ones I'm most concerned about, since I think they're at the extremes. I can't remember where crager34 is located. I guess Greeley is pretty close to Nebraska, too, though. [Edit: Crager is in Utah! I take back everything I said about extremes!]

Damn, these western state are big!! :)

Anyway, I'm pro-lunch, anti-skiing (or at least, I haven't done it in years, and lack ALL the equipment.), and I like the I-70 corridor. Vail is about as far West as I think I'll go. If you wanted to go skiing, I would still try to make it out there, if only for the fun drive. Besides, the ski areas are pretty conveniently in the middle of the state...

pbkid
03/07/2009, 07:07 PM
ya, greeley is about 20 miles south of wyoming right next to fort collins

crager34 is coming from moab so he has the farthest...about 5 hours if i estimate correctly...

moncha has probably 3 hours if i estimate right...

but, all in all it sounds like everyone is up for some 'dork vx chat' and lunch type of thing...

now we just have to figure out where to eat,

my vote is silverthorne, frisco area (breck, keystone)

MSHardeman
03/08/2009, 08:47 AM
I'd be willing to head all the way into Denver if that is what everyone wants to do. I guess we'll wait to hear from Moncha and crager34 to see what they would rather do. If we are going to meet along the I-70 corridor I would definitely put my vote in for Frisco/Breck because they're just prettier places than Silverthorne.

Hope everyone can make it.

Moncha
03/08/2009, 10:19 AM
We're pretty sure the 15th will work and I don;t care how far we have to go. Just name it and we'll be there. You guys know the area best.

pbkid
03/08/2009, 12:04 PM
great!

well, my girlfriend is flying out of DIA sometime in the morning on the 15th, so i will let you guys know by tonight what time i can make it to frisco/breck...(my guess is around 12-1pm, as long as her flight is in the morning which i believe it is)

MSHardeman
03/09/2009, 08:45 AM
LET'S DO THIS!!

Jack, let us know when you can make it, but it seems like Breck might be the best meeting place for us. I don't know Breck that well, but it's a small town and I have VXdar (I just seem to FEEL them when they're around) so it shouldn't be too tough to find each other. I can do some research on a restaurant to meet at, unless someone has better knowledge of Breck.

Well, if Scott and Laura are coming that means I'm going to have to spend all of Saturday cleaning Vicki so she doesn't look shabby next to Moncha.:bwgy:

Are there any other Denver area VXers that we can get a hold of? I would bug biju, but I doubt that he would come because it might kick off his habit again.

pbkid
03/09/2009, 12:56 PM
LET'S DO THIS!!

Jack, let us know when you can make it, but it seems like Breck might be the best meeting place for us. I don't know Breck that well, but it's a small town and I have VXdar (I just seem to FEEL them when they're around) so it shouldn't be too tough to find each other. I can do some research on a restaurant to meet at, unless someone has better knowledge of Breck.

Well, if Scott and Laura are coming that means I'm going to have to spend all of Saturday cleaning Vicki so she doesn't look shabby next to Moncha.:bwgy:

Are there any other Denver area VXers that we can get a hold of? I would bug biju, but I doubt that he would come because it might kick off his habit again.
if it brought bij back lets do it!!!

anyhow, i dont know breck all that well but i have a good friend that grew up in breck and might be able to give us some good suggestions...

so, i might have bad news, i requested a bunch of time off work like almost a month ago for this weekend (to meet up with you guys and have a couple of days of actual break), and for the week because im taking a class from 9-6 for 6 days straight (during spring break)...and they accidentally scheduled me for saturday and sunday, so i raised hell with my manager saying that i had my request in before anyone else and he always says its first come first serve...

so he's looking at some stuff to maybe close the install bay for sunday so i can get all my stuff done (drive the girlfriend to the airport and meet up with my VX fam)

but no guarantee's yet...im gonna be really pissed if they give time off to the other installer when i requested it first...ill let you guys know by tonight..

crager34
03/10/2009, 04:58 PM
My current plan is to head up maybe Friday night, ski Saturday, stay, then meet on Sunday, then head back to Moab. Or.... I might just make an early trip on Saturday morning and ski... then stay.

I haven't been to Summit County in a long time, so I am un-familiar with places to eat. I hear Taco Bell in Frisco is decent.

pbkid
03/10/2009, 05:22 PM
im doin some research on places to eat right now ;)

pbkid
03/11/2009, 06:09 PM
ok, found a few places for us to go in breck..

one is called rasta pasta and they do pasta and burrito's (reasonably priced but good food)

and one is like pizza tony's or something (my girlfriend's sorority sister suggested it)...says that its reasonable and good...

ill find locations of both, and let me know which one sounds better...

oh and good news, im definately gonna be there, my boss gave me sunday off... :cool::thumbup:

oh, and my girlfriend has to be at the airport super early so im gonna be riding during the day (while we arent chowing, mainly before we meet up...so anyone is welcome to join me at copper), i figure we will be kickin it for quite a while so im figuring no time to ride after but thats fine, i ride 2 days a week anyhow...i have to be at DIA at 5am anyhow so i figured i would head up and ride for like 2 or 3 hours...

just throwin it out there :o

pbkid
03/11/2009, 06:11 PM
My current plan is to head up maybe Friday night, ski Saturday, stay, then meet on Sunday, then head back to Moab. Or.... I might just make an early trip on Saturday morning and ski... then stay.

I haven't been to Summit County in a long time, so I am un-familiar with places to eat. I hear Taco Bell in Frisco is decent.

wow, we're getting boss man and darrin huh?? sounds like its gonna be fun!

MSHardeman
03/12/2009, 08:20 AM
I'd be up for pizza or burrito's. Really doesn't matter to me, and since Breck really isn't that big I would guess that they aren't that far apart. Pizza is kind of a neutral food (everyone tends to like it) so let's go with that unless someone strongly objects.

Are we shooting for a noon meeting in Breck on Sunday? Little meet and greet, little chit-chat, little inspecting eachothers rides.....can't wait.

mdwyer
03/12/2009, 08:34 AM
I'd be up for pizza or burrito's.
Are we shooting for a noon meeting in Breck on Sunday? Little meet and greet, little chit-chat, little inspecting eachothers rides.....can't wait.

I'm with you on the pizza. If you haven't been to a Rasta Pasta (there's one in Fort Collins, too), it is really interesting food. I'm not saying it was bad, and most people really enjoy it. It just wasn't what I was expecting, I guess.

Anyway, sounds like noonish at pizza in Breck on Sunday is the plan, huh?

pbkid
03/12/2009, 12:18 PM
sounds like thats it...

the pizza place is Eric's pizza...

my girlfriend said ask any locals up there and they will point you to eric's pizza...

im gonna look for a town map however...

ill see what i can find..

MSHardeman
03/12/2009, 12:38 PM
Looks like Eric's (http://www.downstairsaterics.com/) is right smack dab in the middle of town (http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Breckenridge&state=CO&address=111+S.+Main+Street) so it shouldn't be too hard to find. We'll need to find a parking lot somewhere, though, to line all the VX's up because since Eric's is downstairs I have a feeling that it doesn't have one of it's own.

Woohoo....see everyone at noon on Sunday.

pbkid
03/12/2009, 03:28 PM
alright guys...

erics pizza is at 111 S. Main St. Breckenridge, Co.

there is a parking lot just around the corner...

from eric's pizza..drive north to Ski Hill Rd....turn left/west....about half a block on the left there is a large parking lot...wanna meet there at noon??

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=111%20S%20Main%20St%20Breckenridge%2C%20co.

Moncha
03/12/2009, 07:44 PM
Noon it is!

mdwyer
03/15/2009, 05:40 PM
Thank you all for coming! Thank you pbkid for setting it up! It was great to finally put some faces to the people on this list! Here's a couple of photos:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/100_1942.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/13165)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/100_1932.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/13164)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/100_1930.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/13163)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/100_1929.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/13162)

pbkid
03/15/2009, 08:04 PM
nice!!! i wish i could of had my camera to snap some pics (girlfriend stole it for her mexico trip)...

thanks to everyone for showing up! great to meet some other colorado VX'ers..

and, mdwyer, thanks again for lunch!

MSHardeman
03/15/2009, 08:31 PM
It was good to see some old faces and meet some new (to me) family members today. Thanks to everyone for coming out, eating a 24" pizza (thanks mdwyer) and then standing out in the cold to nerd out VX style. It was particularly good to see Mr. and Mrs. Moncha. Looking strong Scott and I can't wait to see you guys again in Moab.

Moncha
03/17/2009, 07:27 AM
This was great! Can't believe that it had been over a year since I had been to the mountains.. It felt fantastic! We were so glad to see everyone. Thank you Michael for lunch VERY nice of you. Pay backs in Moab.