PDA

View Full Version : Slowly Realizing...

JAMAS
03/13/2009, 06:28 AM
...how great this forum is.

Yesterday, I decided to post a couple of items for sale that I had lying around from my 2003 Eclipse Spyder. Bumpers, rims, etc. Well I found a nice little forum for all 3rd Generation Eclipses. Perfect right? I thought so too. I listed the items, described them, and was pleasantly surprised to see several people jump on them. A couple lived only 30 miles away from me. I was rather excited until a "moderator" jumped in, added a post that said I have to add pictures with my name and the price I am asking, then proceeded to delete my post.:mad: I had no chance to fix the problem before he deleted everything. And of course I lost all the leads on quick easy sales. I later searched through every post till I found the possible buyers avatars that I recognized and sent them PMs.

So let me take this time now to thank our "moderators" for not having a god complex.

tom4bren
03/13/2009, 07:43 AM
Cool - my commuter car is an 03 Eclipse. Wifey drives an 04 conv Eclipse too.

JAMAS
03/13/2009, 07:47 AM
Yeah, the Eclipse and VX make a nice combo. I love it.

My 2003 Eclipse Spyder only sees sunny dry days in spring and summer.
20,000 miles so far.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Spyder2.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=13103)

tom4bren
03/13/2009, 07:56 AM
I just rolled over to 94K (I have a 45 mile commute).

Is yours white or pearl? Wifey has pearl.

What kinda rims are you selling?

JAMAS
03/13/2009, 08:05 AM
My Spyder GT is "Dover White" which I believe is the pearl.

I am selling the stock OEM rims that came with it. I don't have pictures of my rims but they look like this (http://www.wheels-and-rims.com/images/ALY65783U.jpg). However, they also have the center cap with the Mitsubishi symbol and all the lugs. They were swapped out like 5 years ago. They maybe have 5,000 miles on them. They are in Brand New Condition.

jwatk1ns
03/13/2009, 08:26 AM
I guess you all are having good luck w/your gen eclipse. I am trying to get rid of a 2001 spyder gt my wife drove for a couple of years. Nothing but trouble, only 79k miles, trans went out at 74k miles, water leaks through the drivers side door, dash cracked, replaced cracked radiator...etc...mitsi makes good looking cars but that about it, my experience anyway. check out this website dedicated to mitsi owners: http://www.mitsubishisucks.com/

vt_maverick
03/13/2009, 09:07 AM
I had a similar experience on the g35driver forum when I had my '03 G35 6MT Coupe. Lots of pricks on there, something of a combination of elitist old guys and 16 year olds whose Daddy bought them a luxury sports car for their 16th birthday. :rolleyes: The moderators were proactive jerks too; they liked to troll the threads to look for anything moderately offensive (like any discussion about religion or politics) then would delete the thread with no notice. I decided to have fun and used the cached history in my browser to recreate threads from scratch. Great fun until one of the moderators threatened to lock out the accounts of anyone who didn't bow down to them - er, I mean play nice.

So happy this forum isn't like most other car sites. :cool: Given the rarity of the VX and subsequent difficulty of finding parts, good advice, etc. I'd hate to have to hold my nose to come on here just because there's nowhere else to go.

nfpgasmask
03/13/2009, 09:19 AM
Yeah, the "god complex" some admins have is absurd. Moncha has never been that way (thanks, Scott) and for that, this forum is much better than most. I have even seen moderators and admins change avatars on people to embarrassing stuff, and even though I'm sure it was friendly and just a joke, in my opinion that sort of crosses the line.

VehiCROSS.info gets an A+ from me.

:) Bart

Marlin
03/13/2009, 10:02 AM
I would agree with all of the posts here. This is why, like others have mentioned before, this is the only forum I pay for!! Thanks Scott x10.

tom4bren
03/13/2009, 10:10 AM
"Nothing but trouble"

HMMM - I've had exactly the opposite experience.

93 Eclipse - replaced tranny at 170K (150K of that was me). It was still running last summer when my nephew sold it with 200K.

03 Eclipse - Never in the garage with 94K on odo

04 Eclipse - Never in the garage with 30K on odo - does have a cracked exhaust manafold right now tho.

92 3000GT - exception to the rule - I'm always fixin something on it ... but it was SERIOUSLY abused by previous owner.

Maybe I'm just lucky though - I put 200K on a Suzuki Samurai

BTW: Absolutely - KUDOS to Scott - best site ever.

Scott Harness
03/13/2009, 04:30 PM
BTW: Absolutely - KUDOS to Scott - best site ever.

Totally agree!!

kodiak
03/13/2009, 10:47 PM
BTW: Absolutely - KUDOS to Scott - best site ever. X3 :thumbup:

P.S. Sorry I missed the Game again Scott, My Fridays the past couple of months have been insanely busy.:_brickwal