PDA

View Full Version : Dave vs the boulder

dtruax
07/20/2003, 07:22 PM
Well, I've heard it said and knew it was coming - you play you gotta pay. I run with a pretty serious Jeep crowd and we did a nasty run this weekend. I've put some pics in my gallery called Dave vs the Boulder that will pretty much show the story. I'll post a pic of the damage when I take a picture of it.

I'll say this, the cladding earned my respect this weekend.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2151&papass=&sort=1&size=

Baxman
07/20/2003, 08:16 PM
Next time, pick on a boulder your own size;eekr;

Seriously, if you're going to get that serious on the trail, a new set of tires might be in order.

Rock on!

;) Rick

Green Dragon
07/20/2003, 08:24 PM
Dave no shame there! We off roaders have all done that one time or another. I have broken an Axle & a CV joint, as you said you play you pay. I Recommend the LINE X treatment for the cladding to cut down on scratches -cracks etc.
Wish I could have been there.

Bob

Navigator
07/20/2003, 08:32 PM
VX is one tough vehicle, it can take it, but it'll cost ya :naughty:

dtruax
07/20/2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Baxman
Next time, pick on a boulder your own size;eekr;

Seriously, if you're going to get that serious on the trail, a new set of tires might be in order.

Rock on!

;) Rick

You are right. I was on staff at the run, and we had 98 rigs come through. I did the camera/spotter thing for 9 hours straight and I saw every tire made (exagerated). By far, the ones that did the best on the rocks were the Goodyear MTRs - stock trucks were climbing with those things, leaving lifted jeeps with swampers at the bottom. They don't look as mean, but the rock on the rocks!

As soon as I can afford it - MTRs for me!

Spike
07/21/2003, 09:22 AM
Wow!

Got pics from any other angles?

That looks like one nasty pebble near the back wheel.

Is your damage only cosmetic?

We all sure hope so!