PDA

View Full Version : All Members Must Read This- Tone

geshaw30
03/18/2009, 10:01 AM
We are all taught early in life that “to every thing there is a season” and such a time has come to pass for a brother of ours.

Tony Monday (Tone) has passed away

It’s too early to tell yet exactly what happened but early reports are Tone quietly went to a better place sometime during the night on the 14th. I ask you to remember all those who are hurting during this time and offer a prayer for their continued strength. Additional information will be forthcoming and posted here.

To Jay and Julian- Thanks for contacting me and providing updates. Good friends indeed

Lisa-in my line of work I have often found that bad things happen to good people but in the end it makes them stronger. This is one of those instances. Cary and I offer our condolences.

To all the members of this forum, especially those of us who have been here from the beginning, I offer you this post to jot down a memory, pass on a kind word, or simply review the words of others whose lives Tone has touched over the years.

And finally, to my lost friend,….Rest In Peace

johnnyapollo
03/18/2009, 10:24 AM
Sorry to hear about Tone. He contributed much to this group over the years and he's actually responsible for many members finding this site and group. Although he hasn't been an active member over the last few years I'm sure his insights helped many here, either directly or indirectly.

RIP

-- John

don moore
03/18/2009, 10:30 AM
another nomad down.....prayers....

vt_maverick
03/18/2009, 10:35 AM
Wow - just got an email from his sister letting me know the news. Apparently she's working her way back through his email to let all his customers know about his passing.

So surreal to think I was trading emails with him three days ago on step bars.

RIP

Dumke
03/18/2009, 10:36 AM
WOW. I am speechless and emotions are on a roller coaster at the moment.

My thoughts are with lisa and the rest of Tone's friends and family.

VehiGAZ
03/18/2009, 10:49 AM
That's really too bad. His website is still open for business -s omeone nearer the family should see if it could be shut down or post a message or something.

FirstVinylist
03/18/2009, 10:50 AM
I regret to say that I've been a quiet member of this forum, but go as far back as the club.vmag.com days where this forum originally came from. I am totally shocked to hear that guru himself has passed. My condolences go out to Tone and his family, may he rest in peace.

- Ed

Mark B
03/18/2009, 10:52 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
He was such a great help to me and others on this site.
He will be missed.

kodiak
03/18/2009, 10:52 AM
This is horrible, I don’t know what to say. He was one of the first VXers I ever talked to. I can’t believe he’s gone. I can’t imagine what his family is going through right now. He was a very good man and will be missed. If there’s anything we can do don’t hesitate to ask.

nfpgasmask
03/18/2009, 10:58 AM
Wow, this is horrible news. My thoughts go out to Lisa, and everyone else that was really close to him.

Bart

Scott Harness
03/18/2009, 10:58 AM
RIP Tone...condolence to family and friends.

VX crazy
03/18/2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks George for posting this, everyone knows I am not good with words. This is an aweful time for us, but he is in a much better place. It would have been sometime the night of 3/14.

pbkid
03/18/2009, 11:08 AM
wow, rest in peace.

condolances and prayers to lisa and tones family

JHarris1385
03/18/2009, 11:08 AM
Wow - RIP Tone - you always lended a helping hand to me and many others....

geshaw30
03/18/2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks George for posting this, everyone knows I am not good with words. This is an aweful time for us, but he is in a much better place. It would have been sometime the night of 3/14.

You're more than welcome Lisa. Cary & I are coming up to Julian's Saturday morning and will see you shortly thereafter.

Gussie2000
03/18/2009, 11:16 AM
To all relatives & close friends my sincere condolences.
VehiCROSS.info haven't just loss a member,but a pilar in the success of what is today our site.His dedication & deep love to the VX not only made him be a great VX'er but also a important part in the improvement of the best SUV we all drive today dedicating huge part of his life to create designs for our rigs.

Thanks for all the hard work tone. God bless you.

Adios amigo

R I P

ISCE
03/18/2009, 11:17 AM
Tone was a standup guy. Always in my dealings with him he dealt with me fairly and gave me excellent advice, even when it cost him a sale.

Prayers to Tone's family and friends during this time of mourning.

etlsport
03/18/2009, 11:38 AM
wow i definitely did not expect to see this.. truly a great loss to the world, may he rest in peace

JoFotoz
03/18/2009, 11:38 AM
Happy Trails Tone....RIP.

jo

SlowPro48
03/18/2009, 11:40 AM

Oh, my... this is terribly shocking news...

I never met Tone in person but I know he was a wonderful person. His enthusiasm and passion for life are evident in his numerous posts on this site and, for those who remember the story behind it, even the avatar beside every one of those posts is a reminder of his "go for it" attitude.

He has truly "gone farther" now though, and will be sorely missed by the online VX community. I'm sure he will be missed infinitely more by personal friends, family and of course, Lisa, to whom I offer my deepest sympathies. May God bless and strengthen you all in this time of sorrow.

Steve

VXD959
03/18/2009, 11:45 AM
What? I can't believe this...My condolences to Tone's family, friends, Lisa...
Rest in peace my friend....you will be missed.

Thmstec
03/18/2009, 11:46 AM
:( RIP Tone. Though I never met you, I felt your many contributions.
Was looking forward to perhaps one day meeting you and seeing the AMG crawling with the rest of us through MOAB.
To better trails, you'll be missed.

Spike
03/18/2009, 11:56 AM
:cryb: :waag: :sad1:

Joe_Black
03/18/2009, 12:06 PM
Tone has certainly been a pivotal member and cornerstone of the VX community, and on any level this is tragic news. Our sincerest condolences and thoughts to his family and loved ones. :(

rickshaw
03/18/2009, 12:06 PM
This is very sad news, my condolences to Tone's family and friends. I had the pleasure of meeting Tone years ago at the 2002 LA VX meet. I must say he will be greatly missed.

http://vehi.world.coocan.jp/la3/DSCF0355.JPG
http://vehi.world.coocan.jp/la3/DSCF0345.JPG
http://vehi.world.coocan.jp/la3/DSCF0348.JPG
2002 LA VX Meet, Photos from Naoki's Web site

TheGanzman
03/18/2009, 12:07 PM
I'm shocked! Never talked to the man, but I've read a babillion posts of his, and was literally JUST getting ready TODAY to shoot him an email about his hitch and rearview mirror backup camera...:(

Sad to lose an "asset" to the world of VX's - my condolences to all loved ones...

ScottinMA
03/18/2009, 12:10 PM
A very strong member of this family is gone. So much contribution. Too short on time. I will certainly remember Tone Monday. My most sincere condolences to his family.

Sadly,

crager34
03/18/2009, 12:29 PM
Rest forever in peace Tone:angel:.

kodiak
03/18/2009, 12:45 PM
Here are some of Tones last posts.:(

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/search.php?searchid=189540

CoastieCosta567
03/18/2009, 12:56 PM
:eek:wow, man i didn't see this coming, never met tone in person, but he did give me good advise, man this is a terrable lost, and he sure will be missed, but will always be remebered everytime we drive our rigs, R.I.P. bro and prayers to his family.:(

creeg
03/18/2009, 01:15 PM
RIP Tone.
My condolences to his family and friends.

Triathlete
03/18/2009, 01:19 PM
A very tragic loss. Tones presence will be dearly missed. RIP
Condolence to Lisa and the Tone family.

tom4bren
03/18/2009, 01:26 PM
I never had the pleasure of meeting Tone but my condolences go out to his family and friends.

Tom

PittVXr
03/18/2009, 01:52 PM
RIP Tone. I never got to meet you, but I can say I learned a lot from your posts here. You will be missed.

4X4 UFO
03/18/2009, 01:55 PM
I never got to meet Tone, but I have been aware of many of the valuable contributions he has made to this group. Our thoughts are with Lisa and the family. R.I.P. Tone.......

Randy

nater
03/18/2009, 01:55 PM
When I saw the post's title, I thought, "Whatever Tone needs, I'm going to help him out." Then I read the post and a chill ran down my spine.

RIP Tone.

Nate

drdirt
03/18/2009, 02:07 PM
Never met him but I bought his hitch, read his posts and assumed his advise to be the gospel. My condolences to the family and hope he is setting us up a cloud crawl...RIP

AlaskaVX
03/18/2009, 02:17 PM
Man, I have been a here for a long time, never met the guy, but he was one of the biggest influences/help guru's on my build. Such a loss to this community. RIP Tone, you will be greatly missed.

PHO2GR4
03/18/2009, 02:34 PM
Wow. Just wow.

I was really looking forward to seeing him again, now that we've relocated to Austin. This is horrific news.

For those of you who never had the pleasure of meeting Tone in person, he was a very genuine, kind, real person. He made a trip out to Seattle a few years ago for a VX gathering, and really impressed me in all regards.

I hung out with him again in Moab a couple of years ago, which reinforced my opinion of him as one of the "good guys".

The world is a lesser place with his absence. Best wishes to his family.

Anita
03/18/2009, 02:41 PM
Wow… I’ve been speechless ever since I heard the news.

I’ve known Tone since 1999 when I first started my obsession with the Vehicross in the days before VMag when there was a few owners on Edmunds.com. He and Lisa Ketrick of Los Angeles were the two owners I started corresponding with when I was thinking of purchasing a VX. It was with their great advice and enthusiasm that I ordered my 2000 Ebony.

I came to know Tone as a complex man; smart with a quick wit, a man of many talents, at times abrasive (he never shirked from a donny-brook and there are posts to prove it ), but he also could be giving and nurturing. He even allowed himself to be vulnerable with his closest friends. He was a driven man. When he had an idea in his head to do something, he DID it. He made things happen.

He had the greatest passion for the VX. I looked again at that great picture of his Ebony flying through the air at a monster truck rally. He lived hard and played hard. It was because of him that VX owners had accessories! Brush bars, step bars, interceptors, brake flashers, seat-extenders, tow hitches, rear-door poppers, and the list goes on and on. I think most of the VX’es on this forum have some aftermarket part that came directly or indirectly from Tone. He supported others who wished to create accessories for us, like Ron of Vehicross Concepts and John FInnell of Powervault mufflers.

He adored off-road fun and looked forward to the yearly Moab trip. At various meets he would bring his VX goodies and install them on our VXes. The Texas and Moab VX clan can tell you all about that. My rear-door popper and brake flasher were installed by him when he was here for a Los Angeles meet.

He adored his daughter. I remember years ago accompanying them to a cheerleader meet to watch her compete. He was a very proud dad.

Tone and I banged heads many times; strong personalities in a china shop. I am glad that we waved our white flags a while back and stayed neutral since. He is leaving a lot of people who loved him and will miss him deeply.

I am reminded of my own mortality once again in the face of losing the third friend this year, all who died too young.

Rest in peace Blondie.

ron
03/18/2009, 02:49 PM
I am at a loss for words here. I wanted to express my deepest sorrow and sympathies to Tone's family and friends. I had the pleasure of meeting Tone back at the LAVX meet and was humbly at awe with him. He was the greatest VX mod-king IMO and will forever hold that title.

Thanks Anita for letting me know about this shocking and unfortunate event. I will always remember Tone for what he was and the inspiration that drew us all to him. RIP Tone.

cyronman
03/18/2009, 02:58 PM
Sad news...

deermagnet
03/18/2009, 03:09 PM
I'm in shock. This is devastating news. I've been reading Anthony's helpful posts since March 2000 on the suv.com board. He replied to my first ever VX post asking for info just days before I bought mine.

RIP Tone.

Mark Griffin

Riff Raff
03/18/2009, 03:21 PM
A true VX legend has passed; perhaps the biggest and certainly the most influential VX member on this entire site. I am terribly saddened by the news.

When I first bought my VX and joined this forum, TONE was one of the very first I sent an E-Mail to asking for advice. He always quickly replied, and as we chit-chatted via E-Mail I found out we both owned '68 Mercury Cougars. Just the other day, I was browsing at different photo's on the forum, and came across one entitled Tone's Birthday, which depicts TONE smiling and holding a birthday cake. I remember thinking to myself, "what a fun looking guy to hang-out with".

Whenever I saw a posting by TONE, I always made a specific effort to read it, as his advice was considered the gospel truth above all others. Many, many, times TONE's posting was the very last posting on a thread simply because "the guru has spoken", and no one could even come close in matching his sound advice.

ToneMonday's website-- the "only" dedicated site for VX aftermarket parts. I surely hope that the legend of TONE will continue to live on in his VX parts website known as ToneMonday and operated by a family member; not only for his awesome VX accessories, but as a way to pay special tribute to a true fallen VX hero.

R.I.P. TONE. May God's gentle hand lift you up high above the angels, so you may have a full panoramic view to watch over your VX flock here on Earth. Riff Raff

CrzyFool
03/18/2009, 03:50 PM
RIP tone, thanks for all the help over the years.

geshaw30
03/18/2009, 03:56 PM
I came to know Tone as a complex man; smart with a quick wit, a man of many talents, at times abrasive (he never shirked from a donny-brook and there are posts to prove it ), but he also could be giving and nurturing. He even allowed himself to be vulnerable with his closest friends. He was a driven man. When he had an idea in his head to do something, he DID it. He made things happen.

Perfect Anita....truer words never been spoken. To those people who have never met Tone the above paragraph sums the man up.

MSHardeman
03/18/2009, 05:00 PM
I really have no words to describe the depth of my pain and sadness.

Tone, you will be greatly missed.

navistar
03/18/2009, 05:08 PM
To Tone,

I hope this doesn't sound trite but from now on every time I look at my tow hitch I'll think of you and I have two of them. Thank you Tone.

Navi

lasturbo
03/18/2009, 05:45 PM
Rest in Peace Tone. I would like to convey my appreciation to all his help over the past few months with my VX questions and to Lisa. Stay strong Lisa!! My condolences to the family. What a loss to the VX Team. You will be remembered.

Hotsauce
03/18/2009, 05:59 PM
I'm as stunned as everyone else.

Can we pass the big ole VX hat around? Scott?

CrnCnn
03/18/2009, 06:54 PM
I never met him in person but was hoping to some day so I can judge for myself what type of person he was. I wish the best to his family.

tomdietrying
03/18/2009, 07:03 PM
I am so stunned at the news about Tone. He was well respected and will be missed greatly by the VX family. My condolences to Lisa, all his loved ones, and family.
Peace.
Tom

Moncha
03/18/2009, 07:47 PM
George, thank you for the post. I was notified by Jay Dunford the day before yesterday and have been totally stunned beyond words since.
I, myself have known Tone for what seems a lifetime. In 1999 when he was here in Colorado for a vacation with his daughter, I asked if I could meet up with him, without hesitation, he said he would make it happen. That was my first "live" contact with someone that was as obsessed I was. He was the Master, I ate up every word that he said and felt extremely privileged when he allowed me to take photos of his ride. Of course that wasn't his attitude, he most likely thought of me as some nerd but, was accommodating.

As the years have gone by, I've watch this great man help many as well as grate on others. That was part of his charm, he always kept everyone guessing. No matter, he was a wonderful and (as Anita stated) very complex man and allowed only a few to become really close.

As I think of Tone, I remember times such as the Margarita Machine, a full sized commercial "slushy machine" that Tim G and Larry G brought to Moab. Tone and I probably polished off 5 gallons of margaritas each!

When Tone, Lisa, Jay and I rented ATVs and rode like bats out of hell through just about every trail Moab had to offer (Lisa and Jay, remember the green water?!?!? :))!

Also the time we were going up a steep sandy hill and Tone buried his front end. Did he stop? No, he gunned it and threw up 20ft high rooster tails.

Tone HAND delivered a 200lb skid plate to me on way to Moab. We had a big BBQ and a house full of Texans! Love those icecream sandwiches!

He couldn't just walk by my dog Oso without giving him a big hug. The only human that could do it and keep all of his limbs I might say.

I could go on and on! Outside of the ones I have posted, I have hundreds of pictures to help with the memories.

I helped him with his website and will get in contact with his family to see what they want to do with it.

I consider myself a very lucky guy to have known Tone Monday and I will sorely miss him.

Lisa, Jay and Tone's family please accept my heartfelt condolences, I truly have lost a brother from a different mother. See you again someday, Tone.

In taking up the cause I have created a Memorial Fund. If you choose to contribute, please click the link.

https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donate_SM.gif
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4072375)

blacksambo
03/18/2009, 08:30 PM
A tough act to follow, for us all. This guy really had a passion, and genuinely carred about the very best when you really got down to the nitty gritty on someting. His steadfast-presence and definite opinions will be sorely missed, for sure. Adious amigo...or should I better say "true VX'er".

JULIAN911
03/18/2009, 08:31 PM
When I got the phone call from Lisa, I actually felt angry at myself for not having spent more time with Tone these last few weeks due to our new born!

I'm one of the lucky VXers that lives in the same town as Tone and we became great friends over the years. One of the most fun weekends were when Tone and Lisa slaved away in my garage to help me with the supercharger... most of the time, it was Tone yelling at Lisa and I because we didn't know what we were doing... or we weren't doing it his way. But because we knew him all too well that we always managed to get him to laugh with us in the end!

I have a few exotic cars in my garage but now the VX just became the most exotic of them all because it is priceless with Tone's sweats in helping me with many mods.

There's a Memorial Service for Tone in Austin this coming Saturday at 1pm and I hope that many of you will be able to make it. If there's enough people coming to Austin, I'm willing to host a gathering at our house after the service in his honor.

I will post the location of the memorial service tomorrow.

Please let me know if you guys/gals are coming down.

Ms Moncha
03/18/2009, 08:47 PM
Scott and I have been crying since Monday when we heard the news. We were just talking about Tone this past Saturday during our Colorado meet. We were all looking at each other's mods like the door poppers, rear brake flashers, hitches, etc., etc. Like Scott said, Tone was the first person he met with a VX, outside of our first one. Scott met him in Colorado Springs and brought back pics to show that he wasn't the only crazy one about a VX. When Scott was so sick this past year, Tone would call me asking if I needed anything or if he could help in any way, as did many of you. You fellow VXers have NO IDEA how your strength and prayers held us together (and still does). The best medicine for Scott was to see 5 other VXers this past Sunday. Now, we must all pull together and support Tone's family, Lisa, and Jay in this critical time of need. Scott and I have been talking about dedicating this year's Moab to Tone. I talked with Scott about having black T-shirts made up honoring Tone to be worn in Moab and we could dedicate the VX only run to Tone this year. Let us know what you think or if you have any other ideas. We must do something to honor this man and his passion for our vehicle. We can not let his passing go unnoticed and without celebration for his life and his friendship and his dedication to all of us. We love you, Tone, and you will be sadly and forever missed. I could go on and on but I can't see thru the tears to type anymore.
Laura (Ms Moncha)

pbkid
03/18/2009, 08:52 PM
Now, we must all pull together and support Tone's family, Lisa, and Jay in this critical time of need. Scott and I have been talking about dedicating this year's Moab to Tone. I talked with Scott about having black T-shirts made up honoring Tone to be worn in Moab and we could dedicate the VX only run to Tone this year. Let us know what you think or if you have any other ideas. We must do something to honor this man and his passion for our vehicle. We can not let his passing go unnoticed and without celebration for his life and his friendship and his dedication to all of us.
Laura (Ms Moncha)

absolutely. i would be surprised if anyone in the family would have a problem with dedicating some of their time to an amazing friend to all of us.

VCrossfan
03/18/2009, 08:59 PM
WOW.. I have never had the privilege of meeting Tone, but his knowledge of VX's and anything with wheels will be missed by all. And mainly my heart goes out the his Family. My daughters and my prayers are with you all.. R.I.P. TONE....R.I.P.

Kenny
03/18/2009, 09:12 PM
Donna and I are just in shock.
This is going to take a while to accept.
Our hearts go out to such a giving guy and his friends and family.

Ldub
03/18/2009, 09:37 PM
WOW. I am speechless and emotions are on a roller coaster at the moment.

My thoughts are with lisa and the rest of Tone's friends and family.

This is horrible, I don’t know what to say. He was one of the first VXers I ever talked to. I can’t believe he’s gone. I can’t imagine what his family is going through right now. He was a very good man and will be missed. If there’s anything we can do don’t hesitate to ask.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
He was such a great help to me and others on this site.
He will be missed.

Wow, this is horrible news. My thoughts go out to Lisa, and everyone else that was really close to him.

Bart

Happy Trails Tone....RIP.

jo

Donna and I are just in shock.
This is going to take a while to accept.
Our hearts go out to such a giving guy and his friends and family.

I, for once, am at a loss for words...
I can't even believe my eyes...this is just terribly shocking sad news.

Rest In Peace Brother, You will be missed an awful lot by many.

Sprey
03/18/2009, 10:11 PM
I havent been here long possibly 4 months, but have read alot of writeups and been on tones site numerous of times looking at the products etc.

Then i came on here to read what this was about and i was truely shocked.
Very sorry to hear about this.

R.I.P Tone, condolence to family and friends.

Ldub
03/18/2009, 11:01 PM
Scott and I have been crying since Monday when we heard the news. We were just talking about Tone this past Saturday during our Colorado meet. We were all looking at each other's mods like the door poppers, rear brake flashers, hitches, etc., etc. Like Scott said, Tone was the first person he met with a VX, outside of our first one. Scott met him in Colorado Springs and brought back pics to show that he wasn't the only crazy one about a VX. When Scott was so sick this past year, Tone would call me asking if I needed anything or if he could help in any way, as did many of you. You fellow VXers have NO IDEA how your strength and prayers held us together (and still does). The best medicine for Scott was to see 5 other VXers this past Sunday. Now, we must all pull together and support Tone's family, Lisa, and Jay in this critical time of need. Scott and I have been talking about dedicating this year's Moab to Tone. I talked with Scott about having black T-shirts made up honoring Tone to be worn in Moab and we could dedicate the VX only run to Tone this year. Let us know what you think or if you have any other ideas. We must do something to honor this man and his passion for our vehicle. We can not let his passing go unnoticed and without celebration for his life and his friendship and his dedication to all of us. We love you, Tone, and you will be sadly and forever missed. I could go on and on but I can't see thru the tears to type anymore.
Laura (Ms Moncha)

That was beautiful Laura, & dedicating this years Moab to Tone is a great idea.
I'm sure he will be fondly eulogized on the stoop at the Red Rock this May.

I, for once, am at a loss for words...
I can't even believe my eyes...this is just terribly shocking sad news.

Rest In Peace Brother, You will be missed an awful lot by many.

That was SO not enough, not for Tone...
I met the man for the first time in Moab, in 2006, he had just sold his VX, & was actually wheeling his AMG Benzo...not something most would even consider...he didn't think twice about it, just removed the front & rear valances, and down the trail he went.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/PictureVX_KODAK_MOMENTS_1648.jpg

Never one to be satisfied with just "going further", he capped off the weeks activities by wheelin' the Benzo up & down the infamous "Lions Back".

He MORE than went out of his way to make all the "noobs" feel welcome.
I'll never forget the first time we had a few bumps, to wash down that days trail dust. After a few adult beverages, we came to the conclusion that we must have somehow been seperated at birth...he was that kind of guy.
Always there to help out a fellow Isuzu brother or sister.
This is one of my favorite pics of him, carefully studying the line for Beej, who was a bit aprehensive about coming up out of the entrance to Hell's Revenge.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/WEDDING_PICS_07_322.jpg

Tone knew he could do it, and after talking to Tone for a few minutes, Beej knew it too...he was that kind of guy.

There is so much more to be said...I'll let others tell their Tone stories.

You will be missed my friend...Godspeed.

nocturnalVX
03/18/2009, 11:05 PM
I am just stunned. Words fail. I will miss you Buddy. My heart goes out to all Tone's family. Know that he'll be missed by his VX family as well.

Triathlete
03/18/2009, 11:07 PM
If I know Tone he is sitting up there having a beer with Dimebag smiling while telling him stories of the VX world!

technocoy
03/18/2009, 11:24 PM
wow, i just don't even know how to react to this.

it's never good when you meet a post like this at the end of the day.

i wish the best for all of Tone's family and friends. i only knew him through business dealings and PMs here on the board, but i can't say how awesome he was about never snubbing you when asking for help, always standing by his product, and ALWAYS there for friendly advice.

he moves on, but we'll always keep him in our thoughts and give a toast to man when sitting on the rocks, in the mud, or laying on the concrete.

VXIRONwoMAN
03/18/2009, 11:34 PM
What a great guy! My first year ever off roading in Moab, I had the opportunity to have Tone as one of my many enthusiastic instructors. I witnessed his enthusiasm first hand, when he was willing to put himself in harm's way in order to show Biju safely down Hell's Gate. Glad to know we are the same kind of crazy...

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/vxirnmnfan/th_Moab2007508.jpg (http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/vxirnmnfan/?action=view&current=Moab2007508.flv)

Not too long ago we were doing shots of Jager in our garage... We will miss you, but never forget you.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Moab2007_479.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=13189)

newthings
03/18/2009, 11:35 PM
I just read the mail at 10:00 tonight and found that Tone is gone. I’m tearing up. I found V-Mag and the group in 2001 the day I got my silver. The first meet was that weekend. I didn’t go. After reading everything, I found Tone was embroiled in some conflict. I wrote Tone and thanked him for devoting so much effort to the group that sometimes was a thankless job. I met Tone in 2002 at the Isuzu offices. I remember so clearly. The carbon fiber insert from China was delivered and was slightly damaged. I offered to buy and got it. Tone was not happy with me. Rowhard now wears it. I bought most everything Tone developed. Tone’s works ride with me every day. Tone did so many things, I only shared in a sliver of his accomplishments. Tone, we are diminished by your loss. We will not forget you.
Rest in Peace Tone Monday.
Roy

Jolly Roger VX'er
03/18/2009, 11:49 PM
I never got the pleasure of meeting Tone in person; only knew him through business dealings (purchased Supercharger & Safari Bar) all of which were positive experiences.

We sometimes bumped heads in various threads on certain topics and I often wondered if he "had it in for me"; but, in the end I always just wrote it off as us having differing opinions on VX related issues. I would like to think that if I could have had the pleasure of meeting up with him in person...that in the end we would have hit it off. Unfortunately, I won't ever get that priviledge.

May Lisa, as well as Tone's friends & family, please accept my condolences on your loss...he will surely be missed.

nocturnalVX
03/18/2009, 11:50 PM
Thanks for being so helpful, so fun and so genuine. Definitely one of the best. Cecilia and I will be heading to Texas for the memorial tomorrow. Not the reason I wanted to return to Texas. But I will have the memories from the first trip spent with Tone and the rest of the TX crew.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/vxirnmnfan/texasVXmeet4.jpg

Dallas4u
03/19/2009, 06:07 AM
Wow... thanks for letting me know, Anita. Sad news for the VX community for sure. I was around pretty early in this forum and, to be blunt, Tone was the reason I left, but he's now the reason I'm back. He helped in importing or creating many of the add-ons and aftermarket items for our VX community and was willing to help anyone having trouble. I never like seeing anyone revered in a positive way by so many pass away so early in life... my condolences to all of his family and friends.

Scott Harness
03/19/2009, 07:06 AM
:( When and where is the memorial?

MSHardeman
03/19/2009, 08:18 AM
I won't be able to make it to the memorial in Texas, but please know that I will be there in thoughts and in spirit.

Tone was a true one of a kind, and I think it would be a terrible disservice if we DIDN'T dedicate this years Moab, and VX run, to him. Scott and Laura let me know if there is anything that I can do to help pull this together.

Still just in utter disbelief.

WormGod
03/19/2009, 09:26 AM
What?! I am speechless. :eek:

Tone, to me, was the VX pioneer. He was my go-to guy from day 1 and his knowledge and services were most appreciated. He will be GREATLY missed. The VehiCROSS world has lost a legend, but gained a Saint.

My thoughts are with his family and everyone close and dear to him. Rest well brother.

JULIAN911
03/19/2009, 09:54 AM
Dear all VXers,

Tone's Memorial Service will be at 1pm at the location below. As stated in my earlier posting, for those of you who will be coming from out of town, don't worry about having to turn around and head right back home after the service as I'm open to have you guys/gals come back to my house for a small gathering if that's what everyone would like to do.

Remembrance Gardens
4214 N Capital of Texas Hwy (also known as loop 360)
Austin, TX 78746
(512) 329-6007
remembrancegardens.com

My email is Julian911@aol.com and cell 512-750-2445 if you would like to contact me directly. Tone is a very very special friend to me and I'm trying to do everything I can to bring the VX community together in his honor.

Thank you and hope to see many of you on Saturday.

Jay Dunford
03/19/2009, 10:01 AM
Wow, words fail me completely to describe all of the love and support here. You have no idea how appreciative Lisa and Tone's family are of all of your comments and condolences. Thanks to you all from everyone so very, very much.

I have a little more info on the memorial service, it will be held at 1:00 pm Saturday at:
Remembrance Gardens
4214 Capitol of Texas Hwy N.
Austin, TX 78746

Edit: Julian beat me to it, thanks Jilian.

biju
03/19/2009, 10:05 AM
i'm just sick to hear this... i don't believe this is real. i too am heavy of heart as you all are...

yet feel an immense amount of privilege and happiness to have met him, shared a small piece of the world with him... this VX passion.

sadness, heavy heart and shock... what more can i say?

RIP Tone. omg you'll be missed...

-biju.

jims585
03/19/2009, 11:00 AM
RIP Tone

Bee Sting
03/19/2009, 11:14 AM
I am only 1 year into the ownership side of the VX obsession, but learned early on that TONE was "the man".

May his passion live forever in the rest of us.

VXNIT
03/19/2009, 12:02 PM
For all those who knew Tone personally I am very sorry for your loss. For those like me who have only read his threads jof knowledge, bought his mods he will be missed greatly. Just last week I left a thread for him to chime in on since he always was very knowledgable on VX issues and was stunned to hear the news. I have been part on this site since 02 we wil all sadly miss Tone.

RIP TONE!

killinformula
03/19/2009, 02:44 PM
My prayers go out to his family, i am sorry for their loss.

-braden

LUIE
03/19/2009, 03:29 PM
It is now a memorial on my Vx , installed by the great Tone himself !!! You will be missed by so many !!!!!

jmonday
03/19/2009, 05:32 PM
I have been so touched by the outpouring of care and concern for my brother Tone, who passed away this past weekend. Thank you so much for what are your expessions of love for him. That comforts me and I'm so glad he was in some way part of your life.

I have crafted some words that can be found in the Austin Americn Statesman newspaper tomorrow. I will try to post that here soon, as well as some pictures that you might like to have.

Theservice will be held in Austin, Tx, on Sat. at 1pm at Remembrance Gardens. I can be reached at 713-303-4343.

Thank you,
Johnny

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
03/19/2009, 05:49 PM
What did he die of?

Moncha
03/19/2009, 06:00 PM
Johnny, it's sad that we meet this way. My sympathies and prayers go with you and your family. I'll be in Austin for the service and am looking forward to meeting you and your family. I do wish it was on other pretenses.

Scott

[BTW I moved your post from it's original location to here]

Bieredalsace
03/19/2009, 08:40 PM
My condolances and prayers to the family.

don moore
03/19/2009, 11:34 PM
need to make up some kind of thing for him at MOAB.. rest well tony

SGT.BATGUANO
03/20/2009, 03:24 AM
Very saddened to hear this news. Tone was a good man who offered sound advice and backed up his talk with production. I always got a chuckle from his ribbing other members about their vx pipe dreams, telling them either no one has actually built xxx yet or "build it". Bought my s/c and many other parts from him with no problems.

Truly a loss to our community and my heartfelt condolences to his friends and family.

deermagnet
03/20/2009, 05:23 AM
Anthony's obituary is in the Austin American Statesman today.

http://www.legacy.com/statesman/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=125284134 (http://www.legacy.com/statesman/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=125284134)

Mark

Moncha
03/20/2009, 06:31 AM
Thanks Mark!

Otto
03/20/2009, 08:04 AM
R.I.P., Tone

Y33TREKker
03/20/2009, 08:24 AM
Having never met Tone in person, my impression of the man was formed only by what I saw/read of him on this site, and I think "Old School" summed it up pretty well for me. One of those enlightened few who had found his own path, and never hesitated to help others find their own in their own way.

That Tone happened to have developed a passion in life for one of the same things as all of us here I'm sure will always be remembered as our having benefited the most.

My condolences to Tone's friends and family for the loss of who I'm sure was a positive influence in their lives as well.

VX4EJR
03/20/2009, 09:17 AM
Sorry to be catching this late, much was said in other threads here that I would only repeat. I only traded emails with Tone on a few things over the past several years and well he was a large part of the reason I came to this VX forum and the vehicle itself. What a guy, what an icon and legend among VX owners. I am truly sorry and send my prayers out to all family and friends that he's touched. Ride that VX in the sky bud.

IronManVC
03/20/2009, 10:00 AM
I have been trying to contact Tone this past week. Originally, I had posted a need for a hitch a couple of weeks ago...and this enthusiastic and kind-hearted man offered to discount me a new hitch. I was relentlessly e-mailing him all week and attempting to call his phone before driving up to Austin this Saturday to meet with him...not realizing that tragedy had happened to his family and this community. I am deeply sorry for the loss, my condolences and best wishes are offered to those who had the opportunity to know him. I am beside myself to have missed the chance to meet and know this man. God Bless him and all who are mourning. I will be in Austin, and plan to visit his memorial, although I am a stranger.

Moncha
03/20/2009, 10:45 AM
No one is a stranger in this family.... I'll help you with what I can

iamironman
03/20/2009, 08:05 PM
I met Tone and Lisa in Dec. when Tone put some mods on my VX... He was a generous man with a heavy heart, I spent a great day with a great person. I will miss the future that could have been. My condolence's to Lisa and his family.

Cyrk
03/20/2009, 09:29 PM
OMG I am so sorry, Tone was the one who talked me into getting my VX, he got my my wind defectors from overseas and hooked my up with my VX to do the prototype clear corners. Sold me my supercharger and HIDS, seat extenders and door popper. I cannot believe it. I have some may emails back forth with him.

You will be missed... RIP Tone.

Beavertractors
03/20/2009, 11:10 PM
RIP Tone TonyB

isaac65
03/21/2009, 06:28 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this news. RIP Tone...

monza
03/21/2009, 02:17 PM
I first met Tone through a former employee and friend, who was Tone's roommate at the time. Shortly thereafter Tone came to work for me, and as everyone who met him knows, he made an immediate impression. :)

Tone had a lot of things in common with me. Both of us were single dads of daughters that were the same age, we were both the same age, we both liked Macs, and both of us were into cars. He was on his second VX at the time, the first one being totaled right after he bought it. He'd already installed several gadgets and mods, including a sunroof, in the second.

Tone knew how to live life, and he loved adventure. I went on a few of those with him, such as when we went to the Houston Grand Prix. I was there when Tone took his VX down to Corpus to run in a Porsche club autocross. Everyone else had sports cars, but there was Tone trying to get every bit of speed out of his black VX...with the 3.5L indicator on the side of car altered to read "5L."

Tone added NOS and a supercharger to his VX, and became a forum moderator (not sure if it was this one) at one point. This became an issue when he was working for me, when it came to light he spent a great deal of effort getting other people to do his work, so he could spend time on the forums. :)

I have never met anyone more enthusiastic than Tone, and I learned things from him that I never otherwise would have, had I not met him.

The last time I saw Tone, I was entering the freeway driving an FJ Cruiser and he blew past me in his Mercedes SUV. This was a few months ago. He didn't know it was me, but I'm sure he was eyeing the FJ when he made his move. This was vintage Tone. :)

I just returned from the service today, there were many VX's in attendance, including some that drove thousands of miles to be there. Tone had a lot of friends, and was always willing to lend a hand or do whatever he could to help out a fellow enthusiast. He will be missed.

To Lisa and the family, my condolences.

RIP TM.

-Robert

Scott Harness
03/22/2009, 03:18 PM
Scott and I have been talking about dedicating this year's Moab to Tone. I talked with Scott about having black T-shirts made up honoring Tone to be worn in Moab and we could dedicate the VX only run to Tone this year. Let us know what you think or if you have any other ideas.
Laura (Ms Moncha)

You could put the photo of Tone on it (the one they were giving away at the memorial service)

Dumke
03/22/2009, 03:27 PM
You could put the photo of Tone on it (the one they were giving away at the memorial service)

Man I forgot to get my picture :(

Service was very nice and even tho not right circumstances , I was glad to meet everyone there.

I love when the fam comes together in time of need :)

JoFotoz
03/22/2009, 04:04 PM
I would say no photo...

but rather am embroidered/silk screened dedication on the back , and a favorite Tone phrase on the breast pocket.

I think Portrait type pics on shirts can look a bit tacky...JMO!

If a pic is the general concensus.....how about the one of Tone Jumping his VX??

jo

Scott Harness
03/22/2009, 04:56 PM
I would say no photo...

but rather am embroidered/silk screened dedication on the back , and a favorite Tone phrase on the breast pocket.

I think Portrait type pics on shirts can look a bit tacky...JMO!

If a pic is the general concensus.....how about the one of Tone Jumping his VX??

jo

Yes, they definitly have to be done right! (the photo)

VX crazy
03/22/2009, 05:22 PM
I miss you Tone! :heart:

JULIAN911
03/22/2009, 06:16 PM
I miss all the fun times spent in my garage with Tone, and because I'm somewhat mechanically challenged, he would often tell me "Now, what did I just tell you?"

Tone's the only person I actually enjoyed getting yelled at because in the end, he would do anything for you.... I miss you dearly bro!

MustangO4
03/22/2009, 06:35 PM
Rest in peace Tone.

JoFotoz
03/22/2009, 08:16 PM
Breast Pocket area...

STOP TALKING ABOUT IT,
AND ACTUALLY DO IT!.

jo

Solitude
03/22/2009, 10:26 PM
Rest Peacefully Tone.

Prayers to all of us left behind

Moncha
03/23/2009, 06:19 AM
I miss you Tone! :heart:

The whole drive back to Colorado, all I could think about was you and Tone. I'm sending you every last bit of extra energy I have in prayers and thoughts. I am very somber and It made for a very quiet ride back. :(

Tons of love your way Lisa!

Scott Harness
03/23/2009, 09:25 AM
The whole drive back to Colorado, all I could think about was you and Tone. I'm sending you every last bit of extra energy I have in prayers and thoughts. I am very somber and It made for a very quiet ride back. :(

Tons of love your way Lisa!

x2 stay close to the family

MSHardeman
03/23/2009, 01:54 PM
Don't know if this is the absolute best place to put this post, but since we have been talking about dedicating this year's Moab to Tone and making t-shirts for him, I found an image that might be good.

I was trying to find the door popper installation instructions on Tone's CD that he sends with everything, and if you take a look at all of the pictures on there, there are some really good ones. There are a couple of him that are just spot on Tone, but the one I found seems like it could be a pretty good representation of him without actually using a picture (I agree that picture t-shirts can be a bit cheezy).

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Tone_Knob.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Tone_Knob.JPG)

What do you think?

kodiak
03/23/2009, 02:06 PM
That is perfect! But we need to Photoshop an 11 on there.

phines
03/24/2009, 11:33 PM
I just found out tonight (Thanks for letting me know, Anita). Really at a loss for words, but like I told Anita, I always thought of him as an invincible man. I guess none of us are invincible...

He's helped me out so many times over the years. I feel lucky to have known and met him. My condolences to all his family & friends. He was certainly a man who made an impact on our world. Rest in peace man.
________
PERSONALITY DISORDER ADVICE (http://www.health-forums.org/personality-disorder/)

Todd Adams
03/25/2009, 11:21 AM
I just found this, what a shock for Me and Linda don't really know what to say that hasn't already been said. Tone we will miss you.
Todd and Linda

Chopper
03/25/2009, 03:34 PM
Wow...Damn....I suddenly feel very very old

PHO2GR4
03/25/2009, 07:01 PM
You guys should have heard the wonderful things that were said about Tone at his service. I cried like a baby. Here was a guy who would help ANYONE, anywhere, any time. He was a great friend to many, a good brother and son, and a very good father.

He liked music and cars and travel and fast things. He liked good coffee and Apple computers. (Maybe we were separated at birth?) He is definitely someone I would have liked more time with.

On one hand, 48 years is way too young to leave the planet.

On the other hand, he really utilized those years with a full life.

See you on the other side, Tone!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Public service announcement: although spelled 'Tone', it is pronounced 'Tony'. :)

Ms Moncha
03/25/2009, 08:47 PM
I can't stop thinking about how much Tone meant to all of us. :cryy: I know that he would not want us to be crying and moping about, all down in the mouth. When I think of Tone, I am reminded of a quote I heard recently that totally describes Tone's philosophy on life:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, 'Atomic Fireballs' in one hand and 'a diet Mountain Dew in the other', body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

It was just way to soon, for all of us.

rowhard
03/25/2009, 08:55 PM
Tone's philosophy on life: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, 'Atomic Fireballs' in one hand and 'a diet Mountain Dew in the other', body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

It was just way to soon, for all of us.

Thank you Laura, I just didn't know what to say that wasn't already said. I never met Tone, but what you just said was pretty much the impression I had of him.

Rest in Peace my friend, you will be missed

djkymar
03/25/2009, 09:25 PM
This very bad news =(
REST IN PEACE TONE
RIP

uncle_asa
03/25/2009, 11:08 PM
RIP Tone :(

webdog
03/25/2009, 11:20 PM
Just heard today. I am glad to have met Tone and wheeled with him at Moab.
My ride still sports mods from him. I will think of Tone each time I drive my VX.
:(

Reg Hinnant
03/26/2009, 08:15 AM
Tone was as unique as the VX he loved. Very sad to see him leave so young.
Godspeed, the only wise speed at which to live........

tomdietrying
03/26/2009, 03:18 PM
Someone brought it up, but it was never answered. How did Tone pass away?
Peace.
Tom

zadam123
03/26/2009, 07:36 PM
RIP, This board wont be the same. My thoughts and prayers to his family

geshaw30
03/26/2009, 11:08 PM
Someone brought it up, but it was never answered. How did Tone pass away?
Peace.
Tom

Too early to tell yet Tom. It will be a few weeks before test results return and even then it's up to family members to release that information. We might not ever know.

LittleBeast
03/27/2009, 01:39 PM
I have not replied yet to this thread, because I was initially out of town on a mission trip to serve people at South Padre. I was heading up the stairs to one of our daily leaders meetings when Lisa called me and told me the news. I was shocked and upset and it was hard to keep from crying. I prayed with Lisa for Tone before getting off the phone and then went into the leader meeting and told a few people in there and some leaders from various colleges around the country lifted up our beloved Tone and his family in prayer. I later was able to use the story of Tone's passing to remind other people of how fragile and precious life is. In fact there were many people who rededicated their lives to the Lord and others who prayed to receive Christ for the 1st time after a discussion where I did mention the passing of one of my close friends back home. I really regret not being able to be there for the service I had a track meet in which I was coaching many athletes, but I was there in heart.

I don't really know why Tone and I grew so close in this last year, nor why God allowed us to have some many meaningful and deep conversations, but none the less for over the past 4 years of my life I have grown ever closer and have learned to respect Tone and all that he lived for, and desired to be more and more each time I saw him. The last 2 times I hung out with Tone were amazing! He came in town to visit his brother in Houston, and while here he and I caught one of the college football games at a local sports bar and afterward we sat in his Benz for over 4 hours in one of the most moving emotional and heart wrenching conversations I have had in my life. We grew so much closer and we both came away with such a better understanding and perspective of each other, and the #1 thing that I love now more than ever that I took away from that conversation was a peace and a knowledge in my heart that Tone had a relationship with God and he was not trusting on himself to buy his way into God's grace's but trusted in God to make a way for him and saw that this way was through the cross of Christ. I know we have different views and belief's on this forum and I am in no way trying to preach here, just simply saying that for me personally it was a comfort to see Tone acknowledge that he was not trusting on his own ability to please God but was trusting in His Creator to save Him, and I feel God has. The next day we had Denny's for breakfast and discussed various churches and beliefs and tons of other things and it was just great to see this deeper side of Tone beyond all the amazing knowledge of all things cars the man was blessed with.

The next time we hung out was actually at his brother's house in Houston, where Tone and his brother were putting some drywall up in the garage using a busted up old drywall lift and somehow I got power steering fluid and a very small piece of metal stuck in my eye from crawling up under the VX. Tone was debating on getting some Nitto Dune Grapplers for the Benz before Moab this year but I don't think anyone was supposed to know that ;) Then he and I had many great phone calls and conversation about various things, relationships, cars, and the like. He was the first one 2 weeks ago I called and asked about my muffler which had broken off from the flange to the header and he knew exactly what I was talking about and sent me photos to help with the repair in under 10 mins. He then went and tried to find the part I needed. Then the day before Tone passed He and I were talking about the new 3rd members I just got. The last text I got from Tone was at 9:36pm on 3/13/09, the day before his passing. He was still offering his garage/shop for us to install the 3rd members and do the diff drop. Now I really wish I would've taken him up on his offer sooner, not so I would get the work done, but because I could have had some more time with Tone. I know most of you feel the same and I am proud to call myself a small part of this great VehiCross family. We have lost a dear friend and an amazing man, but he shall forever live on (in heaven with God I believe) in our hearts and minds and memories. His value to this site and to those who knew him is to great to be measured, but Tone know that we miss you, and may you rest in eternity with Your Creator as you rest in our hearts and minds.

Baldwin
03/27/2009, 09:45 PM
OH MY GOSH!!! I have the chills! I am in total shock! So young! He was one of the first VX guys I met!

E-ZooZoo One
03/28/2009, 07:36 AM
I just learned of this devastating news only today.

After reading all of the previous heartfelt messages, I find myself wishing that I’d had more contact with Tone, and deeply regret that I never had the opportunity to meet him in person.

Kathy and I offer our prayers and condolences to Tony’s family, friends, and the VehiCROSS community that will all miss him so.

With deepest sympathies,
J.R. Smiley

taylorRichie
03/28/2009, 09:30 AM
:(

I never met him, only had a few business dealings with him, and have read many of his posts.

Rest in Peace buddy... I think we would have got along just fine.

Vasha13
03/30/2009, 08:06 PM

So sorry to hear this Lisa - thanks for letting me know. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out.

thx j

carlymac
03/31/2009, 12:34 PM
I like many of you have been around for years. Throughout those years there were always a few people you could turn to for answers about this funny little truck we all love. Tone Monday was one of the first "go to" people. He not only researched and developed parts and aftermarkets for the VX he would talk you through the installation, even if that meant an hour on the phone while you were under your VX.
His foresight and compassion was known by all who would ask and then listen.
I don't visit the site as much as I once did and the news of Tone's death has me remembering the good times and good friends I have enjoyed here on the forum and at the various gatherings I have attended.
Let us all reflect on Tone's life and remember all the good that this man did. If not for us personally, for us as fellow VehiCROSSers.

God Speed Tone in your journey home.

Carl McCoy (carlymac)

Maverick
04/07/2009, 11:52 AM
the world just got a little dimmer...:(

driver3
04/08/2009, 09:10 AM
I haven't been to the site in quite a while, I remember Tone from Moab V. What a great guy... he will be missed.

geoman-01
04/09/2009, 11:40 AM
Very sad news indeed. Although I haven't been active on this site
for several years, I remember Tone all so well. Great guy...:(

Petos
04/10/2009, 01:40 AM
Just found out.... sad, sad news...

When I bought my first VX 4 years back in Moscow, I placed one of my first messages on this forum, and Tone offered to send me 2 CDs with VX stuff and Workshop free of charge, all the way to Moscow... this is how I learned about the true "Vehicross community spirit"

I am offering my condolences to friends and family on behalf of all Russian Vehicross enthusiasts...... we will miss you, Tone

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=11721&highlight=Tone :(

Moncha
04/14/2009, 08:50 PM
Getting back onto the subject of doing something special for Tone in Moab, I've designed a window sticker (probably 4in dia.). The idea came from his (IMO) most famous photo.
His tag line for the photo was "VX gives you wings"

How profound.............

Let me know what you all think

VX KAT
04/14/2009, 09:21 PM
I think the decal & design are an awesome idea.. ..short, sweet & simple, yet so memorable to us all. I think that design says it all.

Ldub
04/14/2009, 09:23 PM
Getting back onto the subject of doing something special for Tone in Moab, I've designed a window sticker (probably 4in dia.). The idea came from his (IMO) most famous photo.

TOP NOTCH Boss Man!...:thumbup:

You can count on me for 3, & I'm sure Jim will want at least a couple.

CrnCnn
04/14/2009, 09:32 PM
Nice, I would buy at least 3 or 4.

don moore
04/14/2009, 11:32 PM
A#1

ScottinMA
04/15/2009, 07:45 AM
Moncha,

Any chance of purchasing one although I'm on the east coast and won't be at Moab?

CrnCnn
04/15/2009, 08:18 AM
Moncha,

Any chance of purchasing one although I'm on the east coast and won't be at Moab?

x2. I wont be in moab either but would like some.

nfpgasmask
04/15/2009, 08:54 AM
Yup, looks great!

A+

Bart

kodiak
04/15/2009, 09:18 AM
Looks great! I like it.

Scott Harness
04/15/2009, 11:11 AM
Well done! I like it. I'll take 2

AnalogVX
04/15/2009, 07:15 PM
Very sad news. My thoughts and prayers with his family.

Gussie2000
04/15/2009, 07:48 PM
Hi scott that's great idea you just came up with :)

I'm also with scottMA i want two of those windows stickers if is possible.

I think is a good idea to honor tone's life,his love for the VX & we all can carry one on our VX's.

Two thumbs for this one ! :thumbup::thumbup:

Seidmanrob
04/15/2009, 08:54 PM
Please add me to the list of VX supporters who have dealt with Tone and found him to be an honorable man who will be missed. My thoughts are with his family.

MSHardeman
04/16/2009, 08:20 AM
Scott,

The sticker design is spot on. You can definitely put me down for a couple. I don't really put stickers on my VX, but I would be proud to display that one.

Scott Harness
04/19/2009, 03:36 PM

bump

MDMason
04/30/2009, 08:10 AM
Any update on the cause of Tones passing?

Leah
05/13/2009, 04:23 PM
I'm so hurt by this news I can't find words to express it. Tone was, as everyone here has already said, sort of the be-all and end-all of VX knowledge and lore. When he and his family were passing through Florida near our house, he took the time to call me and find out if they were close enough for us to meet. Sadly, I was unable to get away and missed my big chance.

To Lisa and other family members and friends, I know you probably have your own beliefs about the future and I sincerely hope they bring you comfort. I want to share my beliefs with you because they bring me comfort and maybe they will help you too.

The Bible holds out the promise of a future earth where death will be no more, where mourning and outcry and pain will be things of the distant past, and no one will ever be sick or die again. But there is even more. A resurrection of those who died will occur and we will get to spend eternity in a paradise earth with those we loved and lost, all of us growing more healthy and youthful every day.

When God made Adam and Eve, he told them to be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it. Essentially, they were to turn the entire earth into an extension of the paradise Eden, which God gave them as a home. Just because Adam and Eve failed to live up to their end of the bargain does not mean that God has changed his mind about a happy, united family inhabiting a paradise earth.

Tone, I look forward to meeting you in Paradise. For you, it feel like but an instant since you closed your eyes in death. For us, it will be one minute dragging into the next. But, until the day you open your eyes again, you will be sorely missed.

Hugs to all.

Moncha
06/03/2009, 07:22 PM
Now that Moab and other events are over... I still have "Memory Stickers" available. If you are interested, please email me your name and address and I'll get one out to you. If you want more than one, I will do a max of 2 right now. Once the demand wains, Ill see what I can do for those who want more.

Grant Eaton
07/08/2009, 05:59 PM
I haven't been on this board in about 3-4 years, but I still own my VX... tonight I learned the news of Tone's passing and I'm so sorry for his family and all who loved him. I just saw that note on his Web site when I emailed him tonight about my burned-out HID light. I had been a 'fan' of his since 1999 back when I started reading vmag forums anticipating buying a VX.

I thought I would just mention that I thought he was a nice guy when he came to Seattle to visit his mother (and he stayed in West Seattle, where I live) around 2002/2003. He rode in my VehiCROSS and we had a nice Northwest Reunion with about 9 other cars. I have a few photos of that event, unfortunately, I think he shied away from being in the one with people. It meant a lot to everyone to meet this person who we regarded as probably the most knowledgeable in the world about this rare vehicle. I am sorry for his family's loss, and ours. He is missed.

AndyC
07/08/2009, 07:12 PM
I too haven't been on this board much and was shocked to see that I had missed this thread. My sincere thought to his family. It's tough hearing of the passing of a fellow club member. I personally never met him but I felt like I knew him from messaging on this site, years back when i purchased my VX.

Anita
07/08/2009, 09:26 PM
Andy, Grant...

So good to see you again! Hope all is well with you.:yeso:

Moncha
07/09/2009, 06:18 AM
Hello from me as well! Don't be such strangers!

CrnCnn
07/09/2009, 06:24 AM
Now that Moab and other events are over... I still have "Memory Stickers" available. If you are interested, please email me your name and address and I'll get one out to you. If you want more than one, I will do a max of 2 right now. Once the demand wains, Ill see what I can do for those who want more.

Did these ever get mailed? I also havent recieved the Tshirts from Ryan.

Moncha
07/09/2009, 07:10 AM
As of yet, No.. I've been so busy with taking care of my folks I've not done it.. I promise I will though.

vt_maverick
07/09/2009, 07:16 AM
I hope no one thinks this is an insensitive question, but I know it's probably on the minds of many here. Didn't want to ask for a good while out of respect, but now seems like it would be okay.

Does the family have plans to sell any of the stuff he may have had left in his garage?

Again, don't mean to offend the family or anyone else here. :o

LittleBeast
07/09/2009, 12:06 PM
I also haven't received the Tshirts from Ryan.

AH, I am sorry man. Tonight I will go to the post office tonight, sorry.

Jay Dunford
07/09/2009, 02:53 PM
I hope no one thinks this is an insensitive question, but I know it's probably on the minds of many here. Didn't want to ask for a good while out of respect, but now seems like it would be okay.

Does the family have plans to sell any of the stuff he may have had left in his garage?

Again, don't mean to offend the family or anyone else here. :o

I helped go through his stuff with the family and he really didn't have anything sitting in stock. He pretty much took the orders and fabbed up whatever was needed then. Being a small business there really wasn't enough capital to have a large stockpile of parts ready. I found a raw 2" receiver that I tried to get made into a hitch kit, but could never get the welder nailed down. I took it to Moab this year to give to Gill since he had ordered and paid for one, but never received it. I do have a couple of the interceptor tranmission shift kits that look new, but don't really know the provenance of them. I figured I just hang on to them in case there was anyone that had problems with one in the future and I could help out.

VX crazy
07/29/2009, 12:07 PM
What a rough year this has been! I just was reading over everything and saw that I never got to post what I wanted......Jay was supposed to get one of Tones dogs and I got the other one, but it turned out Jay brought her to my house the next day because she wasnt getting along with his dog. I just had shoulder surgery and couldnt take care of them so my wonderful parents took them and fell in love with them. Mom was bit by one of his dogs when she was scared while we were in Moab this year, she doesnt have a spleen and went into septic shock pretty quick. She was on life support when I had to abruptly leave Moab and fly home, and as a results she had to have both legs amputated. She is home and we are all happy she is alive. About a month after she went home, dad when into heart failure. He is awaiting a heart transplant. So I COULD have lost everyone this year!

I met Tone (and Jay too) back in 2002 and he taught me everything I know about the VX, I actually watched his dog at the time when he went out to the LAVX meet, we were friends at that time. In 2003 we started seeing each other as more than friends, took some breaks over the many years, some longer than others, but we always managed to find our way back to each other. So many fun times to mention. I remember saying I was never going to alter the VX, it must not have been 6 mo later that I was taking my sawzall to the front fenders to make room for the tires! Thanks to Tone taht VX had 110k miles and in the end still ran like a champ (which is why it is in my parents garage!) He HATED it when I would confirm what he would tell me about my VX with Jay, LOL, I just had to be SURE! He was there for me back in October when I totalled my first VX and thought the world was surely ending because of it! HE understood it was much more than just a vehicle to me, because most of us on here feel the same way about our rides. He made the current VX the clone of the other, and knowing that was one of the last things he did, I may never be able to get rid of it, after he put so much into it. He taught me so much, like live IN today, not yesterday or tomorrow! I miss him now when I think of how much help he would be to me AND my family during these times.

Thanks to everyones comments! Jay, Scott, Laura, Mark, Biju, George and Cary, Ryan, Gil and Cece, Scott in Dallas, Anita, Everyone, for continued support! Love you all! I thought when I had to leave Moab in May that I would never be able to go back because it was so painful, because of memories of Tone and because of what happened to mom while I was there, but I will be back! And with the VX when I have another daily driver.

Ldub
07/29/2009, 12:23 PM
Thanks Lisa, it was nice to read about the "Tone moments", except for the detours life has thrown you this year...that wasn't such a fun read...:sighwgray

Here's hoping that the remainder of 09', and the rest of your life, continues to get better & better...:_beer:

Sending buckets full of good VIBES your way...:heart:

Scott Harness
07/29/2009, 01:05 PM
Lisa! thanks for letting us know your okay. Sounds like you're doing better.
Sending much LOVE and CHI :heart::yes:

nfpgasmask
07/29/2009, 01:53 PM
Wow Lisa,

That is rough indeed. I suppose we all go through hard times at one point or another, but it sounds like you got an extra helping or three of it...

Either way, glad to hear you are hanging in there. Stay strong, stay cool, and live for today, just like Tone did...

To better times and more Moab trails! :_beer:

Bart

tomdietrying
07/29/2009, 02:07 PM
Lisa, I knew it was a very difficult year for you. I just had no idea about your parents situation too. Like everyone here on the forum our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Peace.
Tom

Ms Moncha
07/29/2009, 10:09 PM
Lisa, you HAVE to be able to feel the love and draw strength from this VX family. NOTHING compares to the genuine concern we all feel for one another when a crisis presents itself to our family. When we were there with you in Moab and you found out your Mom was in ICU, my stomach churned and I almost vomited. It brought back all of the memories of when Scott was there, just a short time ago. When you hurt, we ALL hurt. We may only see each other once a year, but when someone needs something, everyone is jumping to help.

Talk about "Hell's Revenge"!!! Just as you went through "Hells' Gate" and about to get over that "Elephant Hill" you got bit by a "Poison Spider" while you were crossing "Kane Creek". But you just kept taking it "Step by Step", hoping to make it to a nice, little "Dome Plateau" and then you got hit by a "Metal Masher" and bent by a "Steel Bender". But since all of us are praying and hoping the best for you, you have come out of all of this stronger and more determined than ever to live life to the fullest, as this has reminded all of us just how precious our time here with each other is. We can't take our family and friends for granted. Moab is a short 10 months away and I can't wait to see you drive up to the Red Rocks Motel in your VX!!! :yeso::yesb::yesgray::yesy::bgwb::bgwo::smilewink: bwgy:

Ldub
07/29/2009, 10:15 PM
Lisa, you HAVE to be able to feel the love and draw strength from this VX family. NOTHING compares to the genuine concern we all feel for one another when a crisis presents itself to our family. When we were there with you in Moab and you found out your Mom was in ICU, my stomach churned and I almost vomited. It brought back all of the memories of when Scott was there, just a short time ago. When you hurt, we ALL hurt. We may only see each other once a year, but when someone needs something, everyone is jumping to help.

Talk about "Hell's Revenge"!!! Just as you went through "Hells' Gate" and about to get over that "Elephant Hill" you got bit by a "Poison Spider" while you were crossing "Kane Creek". But you just kept taking it "Step by Step", hoping to make it to a nice, little "Dome Plateau" and then you got hit by a "Metal Masher" and bent by a "Steel Bender". But since all of us are praying and hoping the best for you, you have come out of all of this stronger and more determined than ever to live life to the fullest, as this has reminded all of us just how precious our time here with each other is. We can't take our family and friends for granted. Moab is a short 10 months away and I can't wait to see you drive up to the Red Rocks Motel in your VX!!! :yeso::yesb::yesgray::yesy::bgwb::bgwo::smilewink: bwgy:

Boss Lady...I'm speechless...:mbrasd:

Well said...:thanx:.:heart:

Scott Harness
07/30/2009, 09:46 AM
Boss Lady...I'm speechless...:mbrasd:

Well said...:thanx:.:heart:

X a million:smilewink

geshaw30
07/30/2009, 11:29 AM
You're welcome Lisa and Cary & I both miss seeing you around the "cement pond" gatherings. Nothing but love from us to both you & your family (but I suspect you already knew that). Cary has always admired the fact that your were willing to "lend an ear" while she discussed LAM with you. It meant more than you realize.

On a personal note, for me the VX magic has faded away. I'm still having a difficult time in accepting the fact that I can't pick up the phone anymore and discuss car issues with "Bossman". So the ride simply sits in the garage and gets driven about once a month or so. I'm to the point where I'm considering selling. The VX mojo is all but gone. It’s kinda strange actually. Normally I can simply let these kind of things move along. I think that part of the issue is every alteration made to my ride has Tony's fingerprints on it.

In retrospect over this whole thing- I have always realized that some of the things life deals out ends up leaving scars that act as reminders of both good times and bad. As the scars will always remain you do your best to work around the ugliness and focus on the good. I have seen more tragedy in my line of work than most people see in four lifetimes (Scott you understand this) and have come to know that the focal point of living surrounds one’s abilities to move on. Pain is temporary but fond memories are forever. We all, who had Tone touch their lives, have the latter. You Lisa more so than anyone else. If there is ever anything you need from your “friends down south” we are but a call away. Meanwhile perhaps I will take a new look at my VX and maybe realize that it is a continuing gift that a friend left behind.

Raque Thomas
08/04/2009, 07:16 PM
I haven't been on the site in a long time, as I sold my VX in late 2007 (and for those of you contemplating doing this, I can tell you that you will regret it for A LONG TIME!). I saw this post when it first happenned, and was speechless. I started several times to post, but didn't. I didn't know him personally like a lot of you did, but from what I did know of him - he was a hell of a guy! I know that he ruffled some feathers here - but you know, sometimes feathers need to be ruffled! I never saw him say something that wasn't true - he was just passionate about what he said and how he said it - some people here were offended by that - I, for one, appreciated his honesty, and his propensity to "tell it like it was". I bought a couple of his VX products, and he was very responsive to the questions I had - very professional, and very knowledgeable as well. People like Tone are few and far between, he will be missed not only by those who knew him well, but also by those - like me - who wish they would have had the opportunity to know him better. Tone - I hope that in heaven they have VX's in your favorite color (black - which IS the fastest), and a jump track to drive it on!

bstrong
08/05/2009, 12:30 PM
Tone was a good guy and an unimpeachable source of info...sorry to lose him

VX crazy
03/15/2010, 12:01 PM
A year ago today.......I will be going to eat indian food with Tones sister tonight at the same place he and I last ate together 2 days before he died.....time sure flies....

VX KAT
03/15/2010, 12:18 PM
Our thoughts are with you and Tone's family today, may you enjoy your time together and your memories.

LiquidVX
03/15/2010, 12:29 PM
I have been away from the forum for some time and am finding this out really just now. My most heart felt sympathies go to you Lisa for everything you have been dealing with in the last year.

I have never met Tone but after reading so many posts you start to feel like you know someone.

Moncha
03/15/2010, 02:55 PM
I woke up this am thinking the same thing Lisa, Time does go too fast.. Hang in there kiddo.. We love you!!

And to the man in the sky, VRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!! Love ya, BRO!

Ldub
03/15/2010, 10:53 PM
Our thoughts are with you and Tone's family today, may you enjoy your time together and your memories.

I woke up this am thinking the same thing Lisa, Time does go too fast.. Hang in there kiddo.. We love you!!

And to the man in the sky, VRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!! Love ya, BRO!

X 2...:heart:.:heart:.:heart:

Scott Harness
03/16/2010, 06:57 AM
Take care Lisa!!

SPAZZ
03/16/2010, 11:37 AM
Terrible sad news indeed.
I was actually thinking of contacting Tone about a SS for my YJ.
Strange things happen, like I moved right by Gpa Bob.
But in memory will he be on the Rubicon with me
as in memory I have had alot of Tone's Sarcasm and Mods galore.
Whenever next at Moab and/or on Hell Revrenge I'll Remember ol' Tony.:yesgray:

Lisa havn't spoke to you in a while, but please don't drink too much Jeager.
Keep going, keep everything alive in your mind and heart.

I'm truly sorry and my sympathies go out to Tone's Family and Friends.

geshaw30
03/19/2010, 01:07 AM
Continue to rest in peace Bossman & we'll all see you around the big cement pond one day.

PHO2GR4
03/21/2010, 12:42 PM
Just photographed a wedding at Riverbend Church yesterday, so I made sure to send some VX thoughts to Tone "up there". He had a great memorial service there a year ago, and it sure was nice to hear all of the wonderful things that were said about this fine man.

Dare2Dream
03/25/2010, 11:10 AM
Haven't been in for a long time, but truly sad to hear about Tone! He was very knowledgeable and used to post frequently a few years back.

This is also a time for SELF reflection, if there is anything certain, it is that each and every one of us will leave one day. What matters in the end is really how we lived that life and how we spent the time we had here.

Deusbot
05/04/2010, 11:41 AM
I was just thinking of looking him up and find this. He installed a front guard after my deer strikes and the "rear tire superwoofer" on Starbug or "that silver moon buggy" as he called it. A friendly guy I'll always remember and now wish I got to know better. One thing I am sure of though is he did get his money out of life, and gave many people reason to smile with his overall passion while he was here. I remember he was doing some kind of "Hell Bus" for a schools Halloween when I was visiting, and he stayed a few minutes more to give my engine a good cleaning cause he couldn't let a bug go out of his shop like that. That's how I remember him in person, and I bet there are hundreds of similar memories of all types.
It's nice to imagine him driving that airborne VX that was in his tag (only this one don't crack when it lands...). R.I.P. Tone.

BlackVX
09/24/2010, 10:55 AM
Oh no, I didn't know this. I thought Tone left the group because he sold or wreck of his VX. In the old forum, he was saying something like he will go with a VX until the porsche cayenne comes out. He never switched his VX to anything else after all.

RIP Tone, thanks for all your help.

Sorry to bring thread up again but I was too shocked to just read on.

Michael

Anita
09/24/2010, 09:22 PM
Hey old friend! Good to see you again

nocturnalVX
09/24/2010, 11:10 PM
In the old forum, he was saying something like he will go with a VX until the porsche cayenne comes out. He never switched his VX to anything else after all.

Michael

He ended up getting a wicked black AMG Mercedes, but that didn't prevent him from wheelin' the heck out of it! There are videos on YouTube, check them out! Tone will never be forgotten, he made sure of that!

BlackVX
09/25/2010, 08:16 AM
Hi Anita! Hope all is well!

AMG!? I'll check this out for sure. I remember when I saw Tone's photo of his VX flying 4 wheels of the ground. I couln't believe my eyes!

VX crazy
09/25/2010, 08:31 AM
Wow, I just spent the last 1 1/2 hrs rereading all this since it was brought back up to the top......ironically just last weekend I was going through some of Tones stuff when I had a mini breakdown saturday night (those come and go) and just wanted something different than a photo of him (like a smell or video), I found a DVD he made back in 2007 when we went to a mercedes driving event at a track outside of Ft. Worth, he mounted a camera to the drivers headrest so you can hear our conversation, and see the driving from me and from him! That is exactly what I needed to see, our interactions as he was telling me how to take the corners etc......and the tires squealing (and how they should not be if I was taking the corners correctly LOL).....then he was driving and I was demanding that he let me out LOL.....a great video he made and about the only video I have of us. Ahhh gems like that......still miss him and reminisce every morning with him on my way to work with music we both loved, and in the Tone Monday Edition VX LOL.

Scott Harness
09/25/2010, 10:08 AM
Hey Lisa...Glad you're doing well!!:yeso:

VX KAT
09/25/2010, 10:36 AM
Sounds healthy to me Lisa, and shows you're slowly moving on with time. Glad to hear that girlfriend!:thumbup:

Rickster
03/23/2011, 01:15 PM
I just hope they have a VehiCross and a Moab in heaven, I know that would be the heaven he would want to be in. My condolenses to the family, I was searching for something and just happened accross the post,

Thanks George,
Rick Lillard

HeckaTrebeka
12/22/2012, 10:58 AM
Oh man.... I just now heard of Tone Monday and was going to see about what all he had. I'm sorry to hear about his passing. Wish I was here to experience the coolness that was Tone.

ocwiley
03/09/2013, 11:25 PM
Oh man! I just hired a guy at our work and he had a vehicles, started talking and of course Tone' s name came up and he told me he had passed away!!! Sorry to hear that, my prayers go out to his family and friends!
I flew him out here to Hawaii to install a supercharger on my 2001 vx that was back in 2002. Spent some quality time with him and his daughter and of course he put some extra gizmos on my vx. He was a great guy that was always willing to help you out.
Aloha Tone! Sincerely, ocwiley

VX crazy
03/10/2013, 09:34 AM
Oh man! I just hired a guy at our work and he had a vehicles, started talking and of course Tone' s name came up and he told me he had passed away!!! Sorry to hear that, my prayers go out to his family and friends!
I flew him out here to Hawaii to install a supercharger on my 2001 vx that was back in 2002. Spent some quality time with him and his daughter and of course he put some extra gizmos on my vx. He was a great guy that was always willing to help you out.
Aloha Tone! Sincerely, ocwiley

Hi there, it was 4 years ago this coming Friday that he passed away! I was watching his house and dog, and shipping products while they were in Hawaii doing your truck! His legend still lives on, my second VX that he redid just like my original I still get a thrill driving once a week or so!

ocwiley
03/10/2013, 07:01 PM
Hey there I feel kinda out of the loop I have sent x- mas cards to Tone in the past and didn't think of anything when I didn't get a response! I should have followed up! Sorry my bad. ( I have Kona-itis)
I ended up totaling my baby in a head on crash the only fatality was the vx my loving wife told me to buy whatever makes me happy so I picked up a 74 detomaso pantera and had it completely re- done, however I still tear up when I see a vx!
Oh and I question...... The quote you use , that was my boss's saying and I truly believe it works! Did That get past on to you thru Tone?
I'll have to check to see if I have any pics of him on the beach here .
Aloha. ocwiley

don moore
03/10/2013, 07:29 PM
it ok......We all wish he was still around .

Ldub
03/10/2013, 09:41 PM
Sorry my bad. ( I have Kona-itis)

it ok......We all wish he was still around .

Don't feel too bad OC...I haven't been back to the Big Island since 93', & I still gots da kine, Kona-itis...:cool:

And, as far as I know...he IS still around, maybe not in physical presence, but certainly in all our memories...:yes:

R I P Bud...:flower:

VX crazy
03/11/2013, 03:48 AM
Hey there I feel kinda out of the loop I have sent x- mas cards to Tone in the past and didn't think of anything when I didn't get a response! I should have followed up! Sorry my bad. ( I have Kona-itis)
I ended up totaling my baby in a head on crash the only fatality was the vx my loving wife told me to buy whatever makes me happy so I picked up a 74 detomaso pantera and had it completely re- done, however I still tear up when I see a vx!
Oh and I question...... The quote you use , that was my boss's saying and I truly believe it works! Did That get past on to you thru Tone?
I'll have to check to see if I have any pics of him on the beach here .
Aloha. ocwiley

I have all of his photos on an external hard drive, tons of that Hawaii trip!

RallyGuy2k
09/24/2013, 01:42 PM
Hey all,

This is my first VX post but thought I'd post since just today I found out about Tone...we first met in 2000/2001...I'll just copy what I posted on Tone's RIP FB page...I have more photos and I believe video from our crazy rallycross days. I'll post more when I find.

Geez...I've been getting psyched up for my return to rally racing and looking up my rallycross buddies back in the day and just came to find out that my buddy Tone Monday passed away. For those who've seen Rush or know the Lauda/Hunt rivalry, he was the James Hunt to my Niki Lauda when we battled for the tops of rallycross.

He and I were the ones to watch when on the track...going out with 120%, driving like possessed to win. Making bets like concert tickets, etc on who won that month's race.

I remember one race, we all met at the track, crazy early in the morning like usual, and Tone had a *really* dirty evil grin on his face...the first rallycross since he threw a supercharger in his VehiCross...that's the day we both went into the next level of competition mode.

Even when his VX broke down and was being fixed, he coudn't skip a championship points....so he RENTED a Pontiac Grand Prix to drive...removed the whole intake silencer system, throttle body filter, the air filter, and drilled a hole into the hand brake handle to route a zip tie to hold down the button, to work better for handbrake turns. He drove that automatic in manual mode and drove it like a mad man...every run sliding across the finish line with the car smoking and smelling like rotten eggs.

(I really, really, really, wanted to be there when he returned the car.)

Then of course after the day of racing my Dad would come over just to say something like..."Good day of racing guys...just too bad one of you missed your drift line on corner #6." Then he'd stand back and enjoy the show that would be Tone and I arguing about who he was talking about.

Was really looking forward to competing again Tone....RIP buddy.

One of the shots I took of him owning the course:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1234505_221431211349478_606574697_n.jpg

Maddawg
09/24/2013, 03:00 PM
[QUOTE=RallyGuy2k;286772]Hey all,

This is my first VX post but thought I'd post since just today I found out about Tone...we first met in 2000/2001

You must have met him prior to 2000, because he passed away in March of 1999 or.....................:eek:

Cobrajet
09/24/2013, 04:02 PM
This is my first VX post but thought I'd post since just today I found out about Tone...we first met in 2000/2001

You must have met him prior to 2000, because he passed away in March of 1999 or.....................:eek:
You're only a decade off. Try March 15, 2009!

Maddawg
09/24/2013, 04:31 PM
I've been off by a decade my whole life, lol. Thanks!

RallyGuy2k
09/24/2013, 05:43 PM
LOL No worries...I've been running into images and videos...vids we took of each other, etc...