PDA

View Full Version : 2009 world baseball classic

Gussie2000
03/18/2009, 07:03 PM
Hi guys.

Tonight plays USA versus venezuela & japan versus cuba.

Have you guys follow up the classic ?

Last night USA turn the game over puerto rico at the last inning to kick the boricans back to the island

It has been very good tournament,many big leaguers have participated in this classic.

tomdietrying
03/18/2009, 07:27 PM
I'm sorry. It should NOT be good tournament. I think the pay for starting line up for team USA is somewhere around 65 million dollars. That's what they make playing ball in the MLB league. The pay of the other teams is about 4 million. I don't know but shouldn't the guys making 65 million dollars a year beat the guys making 4 million everytime. I know it hasn't worked that way all the time in this tourney. But when it does work out that way, it shouldn't be a big deal, right? Just my 2 cents.
Peace.
Tom

Gussie2000
03/18/2009, 08:07 PM
I got you point.

The problem with money & baseball is the fact that it doesn't guarranted that the most paid team will get they hands over the trophy.

However i still believe the tournarment has been very colourfull,you got to remember that is the unique championship that give all participating nations the oportunity to gather all their big leaguers players on one team.

The MLB organized the tournament to open again the doors for the baseball to be added again in the olimpic games because it was withdraw 10 years ago according to the olimpic world commitee the "lack" of interest in the sport world wide :confused: