PDA

View Full Version : Help! Window won't work after bracket installed...ideas?

VX KAT
03/26/2009, 03:39 PM
Had my SBC brackets installed Tuesday, let them cure for 2 days. Just tried them for 1st time. Driver side OK, but Pass side seems dead, no clicking, no noise, no nothing like there's no power.

LOCK button DOES work however, so it appears window motor unit is getting juice?

Took off door panel. I can't get the white lego looking connector with the wires to pull apart from the handle unit. Shouldn't be that hard???

Any ideas?? :?:

rowhard
03/26/2009, 03:43 PM
Took off door panel. I can't get the white lego looking connector with the wires to pull apart from the handle unit. Shouldn't be that hard???

Any ideas?? :?:

any chance it was forced on 180 out

VX KAT
03/26/2009, 03:49 PM
it crossed my mind that it may be on reversed 180 degrees, but I wouldn't think the lock would work...

rowhard
03/26/2009, 05:34 PM
it would with a big enough hammer, or mechanics hand. The handle is easy enough to pop off to check. You are flipping the locking tab right?

VX KAT
03/26/2009, 08:36 PM
I did finally see the lock tab and got it to come off. Everything "looks" Ok, all the male pins looked OK. I heard a nice solid click when I put it back in....but still dead. Lock still works. Maybe some of the wires are damaged on that small harness. I can't see anything obvious.

If the window motor is fried, would the locks go too?

What about fuses, is there a fuse for this or would BOTH windows be dead if it was a fuse?

etlsport
03/26/2009, 09:22 PM
ok dont get mad for this suggestion... but if you havent tried it already... check to make sure the window controls arent locked on the drivers side door handle.. theres button next to the lock button that will disable the passenger side window.. double check that

if that doesnt do it.. check the harness to the drivers side handle, i know all of the wiring runs through there first

VX KAT
03/26/2009, 09:34 PM
Get mad?....I want to kiss you!!!!!!!!! It worked!!!!!!!!!! I never thought of that! Boy do I feel like an idiot!:_brickwal

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

pbkid
03/26/2009, 10:24 PM
good thing it was an easy fix huh?

Bulldoggie
03/26/2009, 10:49 PM
ok dont get mad for this suggestion... but if you havent tried it already... check to make sure the window controls arent locked on the drivers side door handle.. theres button next to the lock button that will disable the passenger side window.. double check that

if that doesnt do it.. check the harness to the drivers side handle, i know all of the wiring runs through there first

It is easy to overlook this switch if you never use it, then it gets used by accident. I know I've had a WTF moment when it happened to me :_mecker:

etlsport :thumbup:

VX KAT
03/26/2009, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I never use it, never think about that button. And since Tim Parker (SBC) installed my brackets, I knew everything was right. Phew! I'm glad that's over.

I got a used rubber window track/gasket from blujfan9293 as my front section was missing. Tim installed that for me too. Lubricated it with silicone & window's working great!.......so I'm a happy camper....bring on my rough, rutted, dirt road...I have metal brackets now!! :coolp:

don moore
03/26/2009, 11:17 PM
Get mad?....I want to kiss you!!!!!!!!! It worked!!!!!!!!!! I never thought of that! Boy do I feel like an idiot!:_brickwal

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

hehe..girls:p

VX KAT
03/26/2009, 11:49 PM
yeah, "it's a girl thang, you wouldn't understand" ...somethin' bought a damsel in distress loves to kiss the rescuer! :bgwp: ...:p

rowhard
03/27/2009, 04:09 AM

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

I would of said that in the beginning, misunderstood your opening comment about the lock button works

etlsport
03/27/2009, 04:30 AM
Get mad?....I want to kiss you!!!!!!!!!

woo hoo! ;Db; :dance:

glad you got it taken care of :thumbup: