PDA

View Full Version : Big Shout Out To Baldwin!!!...Peterson Museum day Out!

JoFotoz
04/04/2009, 07:54 PM
Many thanks for getting the Peterson Museum tour set up...

...and palying 'Santa' with all the cool Isuzu swag!

Having seen the VX2 up close and personal now...

.....I'm gonna fall asleep dreaming about chopping the roof off VXEN :eek:

THANKS...great day out....I'm sure there are photos from many to follow.
(I'm too lazy to put mine up right now..plus I got friends over for dinner!)

jo

TheGanzman
04/04/2009, 09:05 PM
Yeah, that was worth the price of admission! So many cool little details on the VX Convertible - we got to SIT in it! Popped the hood too; like BRAND new underneath - 253 miles! Great to see so many VX's in one place too - "With six you get eggroll!":smilewink

rickshaw
04/04/2009, 11:55 PM
Thanks Baldwin,
That was a one GREAT VX meet. It was good to see old friends and make new ones. The Petersen's Vault Tour was definitely the highlight for all of us. Actuality getting hands-on with the prototypes VXO2 and the VXO4 was just fantastic! That was the fastest hour in my life, they had to pray us out of there. Great job Baldwin!
I'll have lots of pictures post.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3215/Petersen_4_4_09_07.jpg

Baldwin
04/05/2009, 12:45 AM
Thanks for comin' out. Would love to see the pics. When Jo gets the guts to do this, we need to submit all our pics to him. If I had the money, I'd do it too. I think we all want one. Great seein' you all today. Maybe we can have an ftp site somewhere where we can all upload our full resolution photos and everyone can DL them from there. I don't know how to do that though.

JoFotoz
04/05/2009, 10:51 AM
Oh I have the "guts"..and the perfect donor vehicle.......

When Jo gets the guts to do this, we need to submit all our pics to him.

...but , I dont have the $$$'s or the time , right now.

Seriously though , I'm still torn as to chopping it...leaving it as is....

...or putting the body on an Early Bronco Rolling Frame.

We shall see!

jo

Phantom
04/05/2009, 11:34 AM
Glad you guys had a great time! I was at work or I would have been there too. I was thinking about it all day yesterday. My vx needs a serious cleaning anyway, I would have been embarrassed bringing her out to play with others in the state she's in. Props to baldwin! great idea!

Baldwin
04/05/2009, 07:32 PM
Jo, do you have a good fabrication company that can make the tonneau cover? I have some design issues that I'd want to address on the O2 as far as support. The 80k propositioned from GAS and Metal Crafters included a much more extensive cage in the back with Roll Bar in the 2 hoods behind the seats. They'd also do the dual exhaust, hydrolic lifts on the cover, and supe up the sound system so when the cover is exposed it'd be really nice. They'd also cut the windshield and replace the glass and decrease the angle as well as change out the seats and lower them as much as possible. Even changing out the rims and tires was part of it as well as the side mirrors.

JoFotoz
04/05/2009, 07:56 PM
Actually Baldwin...I'd do it myself - if I do it.

BUT HOLD YER HORSES!!

We all got exited looking at the VX02...and I'd love one...

...BUT.

Reality bites!

I REALLY have an urge to put a VX body on a REAL 4x4 frame.
I see this as a way better option than going the axle swap route...for many reasons...

...LIKE A V8!

And I'm not saying I'm gonna do it RIGHT NOW...

...but honestly , I think that 'project' would happen first.

Of course...that would be a great time to chop it too...:p:confused::eek:

If YOU are serious...then yes...I can help with a carbon fab set up.

jo

Anita
04/05/2009, 08:01 PM
I was so glad I was able to make the meet - it has been a long time for me. It was so good to see old friends and meet new ones. There were beautiful VX's present and we were lucky to have the museum's director as our guide. I had a hundred questions to ask him and all I could do is just stare at all the amazing machinery. My auto highlights were seeing:

-VX convertable and 4-door again
-Axiom truck proto
-Preston Tucker's personally owned Tucker
-that AMAZING black Rolls Royce limosine with the 4 ft. grill and fin on the back.
-the 16 cylinder $1.3 million Bugati
-Rita Hayworth's beautiful burgundy 53 Cadillac, body by Ghia (drool)
-Fred Astaire's 1924 Rolls limo
-And all those fabulous, incredible cars in the vault (which we cant post about):grinr:

For those who wanted the information to contact my Isuzu mechanic:

Sierra Monrovia Autocars
Isuzu service rep: Joanne ( tell her anita with the VX sent you - (makes everything easier))
Mechanic: Mike
(626) 932-5675

If you go, make sure it is on a day that Mike is there.

Great meet, Baldwin.. Thank you again

vt_maverick
04/05/2009, 09:33 PM
On behalf of everyone who wasn't there...

POST PICTURES ALREADY!!!

kodiak
04/06/2009, 09:27 AM
Very cool! Did you see the GM EV1? One sold in Canada for ½ a million. GM had them all destroyed except for a few that where disabled and donated to museums. GM made the perfect electric car then had them all destroyed. Can you say conspiracy?

http://sustainablesteelcity.org/community/jeff/files/-1/21/ev1.jpg

http://www.cleanup-gm.com/

TheGanzman
04/06/2009, 07:52 PM
About 500 photos taken, and none posted yet...:confused:

rickshaw
04/07/2009, 11:59 PM
Just wanted to comply with the rules that the Petersen placed on us.
I don't want to mess up any return visits to the Petersen.

Their rules are that we can post pictures but we can not disclose where the pictures were taken.

So I started a Special Album with no mention where the pictures were taken.

4/4/09 LA VX Meet at the Petersen Auto Museum (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/3215)

Photos from the undisclosed location (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/3214)

Video from the undisclosed location (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS3KHIVCZOU)

PittVXr
04/08/2009, 06:12 AM
Nice pics of the VXO2 and VXO4. I hope you all enjoyed your trip to **undisclosed location** I hope to someday lay eyes on them myself.

LittleBeast
04/08/2009, 09:44 AM
Thanks Rick Shaw! Nice photos from somewhere..... ;)

vt_maverick
04/08/2009, 09:57 AM
Why do I have the feeling these pictures may spark a renewed interest in mods?

Great job guys! :D

kodiak
04/08/2009, 12:48 PM
Really good photos! Thanks for all your effort. I wish I could of went.

Triathlete
04/08/2009, 01:54 PM
Which one of you stole the transfer case shift knob from the VX02 for a suvenier?:eek::smilewink

LittleBeast
04/08/2009, 02:06 PM
Really good photos! Thanks for all your effort. I wish I could of went.

"could of went." ??? You mean "I wish I could have gone." or "I wish I could have attended." ???

LOL, ok sorry I just had to.

Maybe "could of gone" or "could have went" I could have let slide on by but the combination of the two "could OF" and "could went" was just too much. English class is over ;) Of and if the sarcasm is not coming through loud and clear I am just playing with you :)

JoFotoz
04/08/2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks for posting those shots Gene...

I took a crappy point and shoot, and mine were HORRIBLE...:eek:

jo

kodiak
04/08/2009, 02:38 PM
"could of went." ??? You mean "I wish I could have gone." or "I wish I could have attended." ???

LOL, ok sorry I just had to.

Maybe "could of gone" or "could have went" I could have let slide on by but the combination of the two "could OF" and "could went" was just too much. English class is over ;) Of and if the sarcasm is not coming through loud and clear I am just playing with you :)

Haha,Oops! That’s what I get for typing with out thinking.:p English is my second language my first is programming.

vt_maverick
04/09/2009, 08:03 AM
I usedtocould speak good too but sometimes my NC background creeps back in. :)

LittleBeast
04/09/2009, 08:48 AM
Yeah I just spent a day with a girl from Puerto Rico, and evidently the way that I say "Alabama" is very entertaining, because she laughed about it for a solid minute after I said it, lol. Oh well :)

nfpgasmask
04/09/2009, 08:59 AM
Man, just imagine a lifted VX02 rolling through red rock country. Oh how I wish they made that VX!!! I would DEFINITELY have 2 VXes had the produced it!

If I ever get down to LA, I'm gonna have to figure out how to see this VX!

Bart

vt_maverick
04/09/2009, 11:36 AM
More pics???

Baldwin
04/10/2009, 09:55 AM
was gonna post more, but Gene's pics came out so much better! I just spoke with ASC Global who also bid against IDC to make the VX-O2. They said that with all that was done, if GAS or Metal Crafters can get close to $100k, that would be a great deal. ASC can put an actual working rag top under the tonneau cover should we ever make one of these.

GAS so far seems to have offered the best deal. Not only the Tonneau cover and support, but also:
- add roll bars
- hydrolics to open the cover
- cut the windshield
- new mirrors
- dual exhaust
- cut b-pillar
- new rims and tires
- new sound system to be revealed under the cover
- new seats that are as low as possible so you can see under the windshield
- lower suspension by 1 inch (optional for better wind dynamics)
- repainted to whatever color we want.

$80K. I'm actually thinking it's a pretty good deal.

SGT.BATGUANO
04/11/2009, 12:53 AM
What is up with the shift indicator???

If there's ever a next time someone needs to get underside / underhood pics.

VCrossfan
04/11/2009, 09:46 AM
Sounds like it was a blast...Got a question..Did any of you look or better yet take pic's of the underside of the VX02 to see if any extra support was added do to the top being removed??

JoFotoz
04/11/2009, 11:23 AM
Well...

If there's ever a next time someone needs to get underside / underhood pics.

Got a question..Did any of you look or better yet take pic's of the underside of the VX02 to see if any extra support was added do to the top being removed??

Under the hood was unmodified , standard VX....NOTHING DONE.

Under the car was unmodified too...no 'obvious' additional bracing etc...

...other than a dual exhaust.

In the back , under the "cover" there was some very light weight , "ugly" angle iron bracing. Unfinished metal,rough f/glass work.

The general consensus was that this had been built as a "show" rather than "Go" vehicle.

In order to make this road friendly , IMO , additional bracing/cage work would be required to hold it all together.
As it stands , road vibration/torque stress/braking forces , would shake it apart/open it up.

Maybe thats why its only got some 250 miles on it!

jo

Ldub
04/12/2009, 06:39 AM
[QUOTE=rickshaw;154054]Just wanted to comply with the rules that the Petersen placed on us.
I don't want to mess up any return visits to the Petersen.

Their rules are that we can post pictures but we can not disclose where the pictures were taken.

So I started a Special Album with no mention where the pictures were taken.[quote]

I find it most amusing that they give permission to take pics "if you don't disclose the secret "batcave" location"...
Then place "Petersen" licence placards & stickers everywhere...gimmie a break...:rolleyesg

Looks like y'all had a blast!...Great pics! :thumbup:

SGT.BATGUANO
04/13/2009, 09:33 PM
The shift indicator shows ....5.... forward speeds.

You sure it has a stock trans?

vt_maverick
04/14/2009, 11:31 AM
I imagine they store the cars in a warehouse somewhere NOT near the actual museum location, which is what they mean by not revealing the location. At least that's the way I hope they meant it, because yeah, any other way is pretty dumb. ;)

JoFotoz
04/14/2009, 11:36 AM
It wasnt so much 'the location'....which is pretty obvious!!

...it was more about complying with the Directors request that our access to the "batcave" be kept on the QT.

He made it VERY clear that it was a special deal to be allowed in...

jo

Ldub
04/16/2009, 06:46 AM
It wasnt so much 'the location'....which is pretty obvious!!

...it was more about complying with the Directors request that our access to the "batcave" be kept on the QT.

He made it VERY clear that it was a special deal to be allowed in...

jo

OK...I get it now...:laughgray

rickshaw
04/28/2009, 11:12 PM
More goodies from that undisclosed location.

Video from the undisclosed location (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS3KHIVCZOU)

Riff Raff
04/28/2009, 11:24 PM
More goodies from that undisclosed location.

Cool vid, Rickshaw. I bet those "rear-quarter" cladding pieces are priceless on the 4-door VX version. Thanx for sharing.

kodiak
04/29/2009, 12:08 AM
Very cool, thanks rickshaw! Post more if you can.;)

rickshaw
04/29/2009, 08:57 AM
Thats all I have, It's Baldwin's turn. I know he shot lots of pictures and video.

Here you Baldwin, How to Post a Picture (http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=FAQ&op=viewcategory&cid=7)

nfpgasmask
04/29/2009, 09:50 AM
So how hard is it to get a visit lined up at the museum? I think I will be down in LA in November and I would love to see the VXO2.

Bart

Riff Raff
04/29/2009, 10:25 AM
So how hard is it to get a visit lined up at the museum? I think I will be down in LA in November and I would love to see the VXO2.

Bart

The same as going to the movies; you buy an admission ticket.

nfpgasmask
04/29/2009, 10:38 AM
The same as going to the movies; you buy an admission ticket.

Oh cool. I was under the impression that this museum was not regularly open to the public, so you had to make some sort of appointment or something...

Bart

JoFotoz
04/29/2009, 11:14 AM
Bart...getting into the main museum is indeed just a ticket purchase.

However...you want to see the VX02!!...OF COURSE!

.....and I believe getting into the "Dungeon" is a 'group' special set up.

I'm sure Baldwin can give the full answer as he put our tour together.

The Museum Director gave us the "secret" tour...
...and made it VERY clear it was a special deal.

jo

nfpgasmask
04/29/2009, 11:22 AM
Bart...getting into the main museum is indeed just a ticket purchase.

However...you want to see the VX02!!...OF COURSE!

.....and I believe getting into the "Dungeon" is a 'group' special set up.

I'm sure Baldwin can give the full answer as he put our tour together.

The Museum Director gave us the "secret" tour...
...and made it VERY clear it was a special deal.

jo

Yeah, Jo, ok that makes more sense.

Thanks - Bart