PDA

View Full Version : My VX's first video (as far as I know)

Marlin
04/21/2009, 02:34 PM
Here is my first attempt video, it is not great, but this is the camera I am gonna use at uhwarrie and at Moab. The camera was 40 bucks at Sams Club, water proof, mud proof, shock resistant... I will add better audio next time. Let me know what you guys think, and no, it won't make you motion sick...:bgwb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddfm7L0Gmhk

Marlin
04/21/2009, 02:39 PM
Yes I know that there are repeat clips, I am still learning the software, muveeproducer6.0, wish I had a MAC....:(

don moore
04/21/2009, 02:39 PM
kool...good job,, i like the angle

vt_maverick
04/21/2009, 02:58 PM
It has a very documentary feel to it... I keep expecting to hear gunfire or see a tornado coming in the distance. :p

pbkid
04/21/2009, 03:55 PM
no too bad...

i think if i were to make a video mount for road driving it would be placed behind my passenger wheel at the bottom of the door level..

i love that angle...

well done though, will give ya some good vids ;)

Marlin
04/21/2009, 03:57 PM
no too bad...

i think if i were to make a video mount for road driving it would be placed behind my passenger wheel at the bottom of the door level..

i love that angle...

well done though, will give ya some good vids ;)

My goal was a video game look, hence the front of the hood. I could do multiple angles, maybe a volunteer proton on the same run, one form the roof, one from the side, some editing...voila, multiple angle run.

pbkid
04/21/2009, 03:59 PM
that would be cool!

a mount right in the center of the hood would be cool too

don moore
04/21/2009, 04:09 PM
you need a silver VX hood to make it look better....hehe

crager34
04/21/2009, 05:02 PM
I don't get it. Where are the bikini clad women, beer and explosions?? :confused:

Sprey
04/24/2009, 12:57 AM
Not a bad video, your vx looks mean !:cool:

Rubicool
04/24/2009, 04:08 AM
cool.......more info on camera, please? I looked at Sam's website and didn't see anything that fit your description.

Riff Raff
04/24/2009, 04:08 AM
LOL--- The opening scene reminds me of a dog's viewpoint and the dog is sniffing around the outside of the VX lookin' for a place to cock his leg to take a leak!!!

Pretty good job for a first-timer. Film editing can be very time consuming. My major in college was Radio/T.V. Broadcast & Production, and I remember film editing to take a lot of patience and time to get it right.

I do like the stable camera mount, and the "video game" view with the front hood. It helped put things into perspective.

When the VX made the U-turn, that sandy mud looked to be pretty soft and mushy but was no match for those Grabber AT2's. What was the clinking noise just before going in reverse-- was that engaging "low range" 4WD???