PDA

View Full Version : I am stuck...

JAMAS
05/17/2009, 08:25 AM
I am working on my windows right now. Everything is disassembled but the window isn't out yet. How do I remove the glass without breaking it?

pbkid
05/17/2009, 12:06 PM
probably too late now...but you have to rotate them inside the door...

back up and front down i believe

VX KAT
05/17/2009, 07:10 PM
Look at the picks of Tim at SBC doing mine....it shows how he tips the glass.

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15322

JAMAS
05/18/2009, 06:14 AM
probably too late now...but you have to rotate them inside the door...

back up and front down i believe

You are correct sir, a little too late. But I appreciate the help, none the less.

I was able to contort my hand in such a way that I could remove the tabs, clean the adhesive off the windows, lube the tracks and install SBC brackets.

I knew those pictures of the SBC install were around somewhere, but my searching skills must have been lacking on sunday morning.

The door panels are still off so that I can make sure the glue cured properly, but so far everything looks pretty good. From what I can tell, it looks like my plastic tabs may not have been broken at all. However, the angle was weird and seemed to have been corrected with the new brackets. Also, with tinted windows, a dry unlubricated track really hinders things so I am sure the tabs would have busted at some point in time.

I am going to start a new thread to ask this question, but I will throw it out here as well....

Is the moisture barrier anything special, or is it just plastic? While I had the door panels off I was going to replace the 10 year old brittle plastic with some new stuff.

Any concerns with that?