PDA

View Full Version : Really really scared .. really

tjh
06/04/2009, 04:38 PM
Scared I am , I went to Isuzu dealership and bought the following : 1 transmission oil filter , 14 quarts of AT fluid , additive for lsd , oil pan gasket, adapter gasket, gasket sealant , gasket for the fill plug . Items purchased at hI/lo wheel bearing grease, grease for the propeller shaft, diff fluid . Then I dropped my beloved VX off at the transmission shop . I get the VX back same day along with half a container of diff fluid ,so approximately 2 quarts . I was told wheel bearings or sealed so all of the grease for the wheel bearings returned . and 6 quarts of AT fluid left over.

According to my manual I should have 2 quarts of AT fluid left.
0 quarts of diff fluid left.
0 wheel bearing grease left over .

So is the manual miss informing me, or am i not understanding the manual ?

I'm keeping it parked right now .
Is my VX in danger ?

Riff Raff
06/04/2009, 04:44 PM
Hmmm, maybe the VX manual is correct and the shop mechanics didn't do jack-sh!!!!!!!!!!t.

VX KAT
06/04/2009, 05:23 PM
I went by the capacities listed in so many of these threads and bought 12 bottles of synthetic ATF...10 for tranny and 2 for transfer case. I got back 5.5 bottles of the ATF. Turns out only about 1/2 of the old tranny fluid comes out by gravity alone, so the next time I get tranny fluid changed, (and put in about 4-5 bottles) they tell me I should then have about 80%- 90% synthetic. I'm guessing that's why you had left over ATF fluid, like I did.

I gave them 5 qts of Diff fluid, they used almost all of it (did front & rear).

I can't address the wheel bearing grease..haven't done that yet.

psychos2
06/04/2009, 08:05 PM
rear bearings are lubricated by the diff fluid.the front inside are also lubricated by the fluid in the diff,but the outside are are supposed to be greased.they are not sealed. shawn

crager34
06/05/2009, 05:22 AM
rear bearings are lubricated by the diff fluid.the front inside are also lubricated by the fluid in the diff,but the outside are are supposed to be greased.they are not sealed. shawn

Yeppers.... outside front not sealed. Did them myself while having the brake rotors turned.

nfpgasmask
06/05/2009, 01:12 PM
As for the tranny and xfer case, that actually sounds about right. I have done mine twice and typically only use 6-8 quarts of ATF.

Now, if you really want to be sure, you need to check your fluid level yourself. It's really not hard at all. A little messy and awkward, but not hard.

Bart