PDA

View Full Version : So did anyone see my VX on tv?

Y33TREKker
06/09/2009, 04:44 PM
I went to the LPGA State Farm Classic in Springfield, IL last weekend, and while watching my vcr recordings of the tournament after getting back, I spotted my VX on numerous occasions. I stayed at a house across the water from the 11th fairway, and had the VX parked in the driveway in front of the house on both Friday and Saturday.

Well it just so happened that one of the cameras of either ESPN or NBC was situated in a way that showed the front of the house and my VX as the camera would be panned back from the tee, and from the occasional shots of the downtown area of Springfield. It's not real clear on my tapes, but would most likely be more clear in a high-def shot.

I also know for a fact that the VX now has a following on the LPGA tour, because while watching the various pairings play the 11th hole from the side yard of the house on Saturday, I noticed a few players and their caddies pointing in the general direction of the VX as they walked down the fairway, and making comments about it to each other.

Well to remove all doubt about whether it was in fact the VX they had been pointing to, I made a note of one of the players and her caddy, and asked them about it the next morning on the practice putting green. The player was Sarah Jane Smith from Caloundra Queensland, and when I asked her caddy/husband if it had been the VX they were curious about, he said that it was. They originally thought that it might have been something by BMW, but I let them know that it was just an old Isuzu from years back. :bwgy:

Gussie2000
06/09/2009, 05:07 PM
Probably most of us might missed that moment though.

The fact that many of the participants thought was a BMW reafirms another fact too.

VehiCROSS was well ahead of its time....................one more time :)

Yesterday a guy saw my horse & ask if that was a 2020 model :p

What shocked me was the fact the guy was able to put all together & realized that the truck looks from the future.

I told him : Nah,it's a 2020 model sent thru the time back in 1999 ;)

tomdietrying
06/09/2009, 06:19 PM
Congrats on the T.V. exposure!

To bad it wasn't Michelle Wei checking out your VX.

Peace.
Tom