PDA

View Full Version : Brake/Park selenoid reversed??

iamironman
06/28/2009, 02:44 PM
Everything was and has worked right since I've had my VX.

Yesterday I opened the dash to fix a loose wire that everytime I hit a bump the radio would go dead for a split second (was a loose wire)... and at the same time I mounted a oil pressure gauge in the little cubby hole in the top left corner of the dash... it has been mounted to the bottom of the dash externally, now it's indash.

Now... all of a sudden I couldn't get it out of park when I start it... it will come out of park only when the key is in accessory... I pulled off the shifter cover.. when the key is in accessory the solinoid disengages the shift-lock (without pressing the brake pedal)... when I turn the key one more click to start (but before actually starting) the solinoid re-engages and won't disengage at all, even with pressing brake pedal... almost like it's reversed sidewise... lol...

I did searches but don't see this problem at all...

Is there a problem with taking the solinoid off altogether?... I mean besides the obvious stuff about easier to steal... will it cause any other problems with other systems that anyone would know about?

TIA

iamironman
06/28/2009, 03:32 PM
Now I just realized the brake lights are not working... I checked all fuses, all good... I only see the one in fuse box by driver door... is there another?
I cannot figure out why no brake lights and selinoid is working opposite the way it should...

etlsport
06/28/2009, 07:51 PM
sounds like your vx isnt registering that the brake pedal is applied.. im pretty sure that i can take my vx out of gear with no key in and no brake, only time i need the brake is when the key is in the ignition in the acc mode...

iamironman
06/28/2009, 09:14 PM
I finally figured it out...
It's a plug/socket way up snug to the steering column... unplugged!!

I have no idea how... I was nowhere near it. I worked on the radio wiring and then with some wiring I put through the firewall for the oil gauge. I was at no time near the steering column... wierd. Once I plugged it back together... everything came back on... brake lights, solinoid for shift lock started working right again... I had to tear three quarters of the dash apart before I even found it... and another 10% to reach it to be able to plug it back together... and now it looks like I tried to commit suicide... my wrist got slashed a couple slices from trying to reach it... (a cry for help?... lol). (just small cuts... nothing to worry)

Now I can't wait for the July 18th Central Texas Mini Meet at Hidden Falls Adventure Park!!
(shameless plug)

Get it? disconnected plug... shameless plug... LOL LMAO HAHAHAHA)

:LineWave:

Driver Driver

Ldub
06/28/2009, 11:32 PM
SWEET!...:thumbup:

An easy fix,(with the exception of permanent physical scarring) with a happy ending...my favorite!:yes: