PDA

View Full Version : Oil change

Mihai
06/29/2009, 11:14 PM
Hi everyone.

I would be interested to know which is the best oil for my VX since I want to change it. Also please tell me what lubrificants do you use for the tranny and also for the 4x4 system (I don`t know the exact term).

Thank you.

Ldub
06/29/2009, 11:20 PM
This will get you started (from the knowlege base, on the left side bar of the home page)...:_wrench:

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Encyclopedia&op=viewarticle&id=30

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Encyclopedia&op=viewarticle&id=29

Although I disagree with the 4.3 qt capacity listed for an oil change, with filter. Five qts always brings mine up to the full mark on the dipstick.

Quite a few folks around here prefer 100% synthetic lubricants, myself included.

Amzoil, Mobil One, & Royal Purple are among the favorites.

Ldub
06/29/2009, 11:32 PM
This is also a good place to look...:_wrench:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15130&highlight=oil+change

rowhard
06/30/2009, 04:49 AM
Amzoil, Mobil One, & Royal Purple are among the favorites.

Castrol Edge is getting good reviews, one of the new synthetic's.

SomeBeach
06/30/2009, 05:48 AM
There may be oils as good as Mobil 1 synthetic but there are none better. I've seen cars go over 300,000 miles on this stuff with no engine failure. I use it and still chnge the oil every 3000 miles. Good stuff and not that expensive at Walmart.

Ldub
06/30/2009, 10:15 AM
There may be oils as good as Mobil 1 synthetic but there are none better. I've seen cars go over 300,000 miles on this stuff with no engine failure. I use it and still chnge the oil every 3000 miles. Good stuff and not that expensive at Walmart.

Yeah but...do they have Wal-Marts in Romania?...:_confused

I'm seriously not being a wise az here, I just don't know.:_thinking

etlsport
06/30/2009, 02:06 PM
Castrol Edge is getting good reviews, one of the new synthetic's.

hm im runing with castrol syntec right now.. first oil change with it. not terribly impressed, vx just doesnt feel quite right most of the time... im going back to mobil1 on my next change, hopefully castrol edge is better

Triathlete
06/30/2009, 03:33 PM

Whats wrong with being wise an Arizona?:rotate:

SomeBeach
06/30/2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah but...do they have Wal-Marts in Romania?...:_confused

OUCH!!!! Darn Ldub, you got me again. I try to give a quick response and OUCH I make a mistake. Guess I better read a little more before I answer. Oh I miss the simple days.

Ldub
07/01/2009, 12:16 AM
OUCH!!!! Darn Ldub, you got me again. I try to give a quick response and OUCH I make a mistake. Guess I better read a little more before I answer. Oh I miss the simple days.

Awwww c'mon, I wasn't pickin' on ya...it was a legitimate question...:_thinking

Riff Raff
07/01/2009, 02:58 AM
I use regular real (non-synthetic) Penzoil motor oil in my VX and change it at JiffyLube every 2,500 miles. My VX runs like a champ, and doesn't consume or leak a drop of oil (perhaps I'm just lucky).

Fellow member "HYPERKID" had switched over from regular real motor oil to a synthetic and it fried his engine. I'm not gonna' test fate by switching over to synthetic; besides synthetic motor oil is just way too expensive. I prefer to use regular real motor oil, and just change it (with a new oil filter) a bit more frequently at 2,500 mile intervals.

Mihai
07/01/2009, 03:10 AM
I was use Castrol Edge 5W30 but I want to chenge it because I think it burns too much. I was thinking at Mobil. Thank you very much guys. It`s pretty hard to take care of an US specs car in Romania since everybody knows a lot about european cars.