PDA

View Full Version : I am having start issues diffrent from others i found

stokes_osu
07/12/2009, 01:58 PM
Ok, I went to start the Isuzu today and she turned over then acted to start then when it would usually continue running it died?. Did this several times then I thought about pushing the gas down? when I did thin it started and ran until I let off the gas? did this a couple of times then it stayed running. Went around town started AND RAN LIKE A CHAP? This morning went out and did the same thing...? What would this be? I am not getting any codes or anything have 44K on it

VX1032
07/12/2009, 02:59 PM
When you start it with the foot on the gas, then put it in drive or reverse and take your foot off the gas does it die, or keep running. Also, does the idle fluctuate a lot as it is starting to run, like you are reving a little bit, then stalls out?

stokes_osu
07/12/2009, 03:36 PM
I never put it in gear while I was pushing the gas down? After starting it by putting my foot on the gas it idled down and ran fine all day, I THOUGHT THE PROBLEM WAS A GLITCH UNTELL TODAY IT DID IT AGAIN. This time I got it running with my foot on the gas and when I let it off it died the first couple of times then it started working? it is like an older vehicle in the winter when the choke is not working to keep it running at first? kind of like the thing that sets the idle is not working at first.::confused:

VX1032
07/12/2009, 03:57 PM
Try cleaning your idle air control valve. might want to search here for IAC.

WILLY
07/12/2009, 04:00 PM
Sounds like the fuel pressure regulator

MSHardeman
07/12/2009, 05:06 PM
Ditto what Willy said...maybe replace your fuel pressure regulator and your fuel filter for good measure. Fuel filter is a canister shaped object on the inside of the frame rail on the passenger side near where the frame rises to clear the rear axle. A former member (Dino) wrote up a nice fuel pressure regulator replacement how-to: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=12021

Riff Raff
07/13/2009, 12:54 AM
Change the FUEL FILTER "first" before doing anything else!!! Fuel filters by nature are very fickle. Once your fuel filter is clogged, it's clogged for good and the only cure is to replace it. All of the symtoms you describe relate to a clogged fuel filter.

If the problem still persists after a new fuel filter is installed, then look at the fuel regulator as a possible culprit. However, I strongly believe your problems will go away by simply changing the Fuel Filter. In addition; use high octane Premium Gas, if you don't already. You'll be amazed how well the VX runs with a brand new Fuel Filter and high octane Premium Gas!!!

VX crazy
07/13/2009, 06:46 AM
I have the exact problem on both VX's, just this last saturday swapped out idle control valve and replaced fuel pressure regulator and I dont think it has ever idled that smooth!

Thanks Jay, he took over and did my fuel pressure regulator!! AND gave me a Mr. Clean carwash.....I think that was a hint to wash it.....;)

pbkid
07/13/2009, 07:24 PM
IAC or fuel filter, like everyone else said ;)