PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the best place to buy New Window Regulators?

SnakeVX
07/20/2009, 10:24 AM
Need to buy 2 new window regulators for the Vehicross
these 2 are shot.
hopefully if I get new ones atleast they will last for a little while.
who sells them online?

vt_maverick
07/20/2009, 11:16 AM
IsuzuParts.com is what I use. Others will undoubtedly chime in with Merlin at St. Charles, but I find that the price shipped is about the same. (From what I can see the advantage to Merlin is that he'll work hard to find stuff that's backordered / unavailable). But either one should have the regulators in stock.

There's also a link on the bottom right of the main page to a new contact for Isuzu parts. Jim something, I don't have experience with him, but you could shoot him an email.

vt_maverick
07/20/2009, 11:19 AM
Btw, it may be possible that the regulators are still okay, but that the track needs lubrication. I went to the trouble of ordering a driver's side regulator/motor assembly, only to have the installer find out after replacing it that all it really needed was a little white lithium grease down the tracks. No harm no foul, now I have a spare in the garage when I need it.

Worth a try if you haven't already.

Ldub
07/20/2009, 11:47 AM
You could also check here if you wanna $ave a few buck$...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=16182

I haven't kept track of that thread, so I don't know who's got dibs on what...:_confused

Gussie2000
07/20/2009, 11:47 AM
Hi snake!
Two weeks ago my windows stopped working;Thought was the switches/regulators.
I was about to purchase all that & ended up being a relay located behind the driver's kick panel.
There's three relays,you can test it by switching those relays ( they all have same voltage/amperage/configuration & try see if your windows work
Yesterday i went to a junk yard & got one for $ 20 from a 98 rodeo which use the same relays.
The window relay is the 3rd one.

tworavens
07/20/2009, 09:11 PM
By the way, how do I know when the regulators are bad? When my drivers side window came off the track a few weeks ago I had my mechanic take a look at it. He claims I need a new motor and regulator. I'm skeptical about the motor, I suspect some lube in the tracks will take care of the poor slidability(?), but what indicates a bad regulator? I am ordering the SBC brackets and would like to install the reg at the same time if I need one.

Didn't I read on another thread that the regulators from a Rodeo will work, only you need to switch them left for right, and vice versa?

iamironman
07/20/2009, 09:25 PM
Regulators? Are you talking about the rocker switch boxes located in the driver/passenger door handle? I have two driver side switch boxes... no pass side tho... they are used but work... I'll sell them cheeeep... 40% of the best price you have on a new one... plus shipping.

Anita
07/20/2009, 09:46 PM
IsuzuParts.com is what I use. Others will undoubtedly chime in with Merlin at St. Charles, but I find that the price shipped is about the same. (From what I can see the advantage to Merlin is that he'll work hard to find stuff that's backordered / unavailable). But either one should have the regulators in stock.

There's also a link on the bottom right of the main page to a new contact for Isuzu parts. Jim something, I don't have experience with him, but you could shoot him an email.

If you mention this website, Merlin will ship free.

vt_maverick
07/21/2009, 08:13 AM
By the way, how do I know when the regulators are bad? When my drivers side window came off the track a few weeks ago I had my mechanic take a look at it. He claims I need a new motor and regulator. I'm skeptical about the motor, I suspect some lube in the tracks will take care of the poor slidability...

This is exactly what happened to me, which is why I have a spare working regulator/motor in my garage.

vt_maverick
07/21/2009, 08:14 AM
If you mention this website, Merlin will ship free.

Right, but Merlin with no shipping generally equals IsuzuParts with shipping.

I'm in neither camp, whoever has my parts is who I go with. But they're generally the same price.

VX1032
07/21/2009, 10:04 AM
I got reman motors from Napa for something like $75 I think. I didn't need to replace the regulator.

samneil2000
07/28/2009, 04:47 PM
Sorry for the dumb question, but WTH is the regulator? Some people seem to think it is the switch, I have always thought it was the mechanical parts that the motor attaches to...
So, which part(s) make up the "regulator"?

VX1032
07/28/2009, 04:51 PM
You are correct, the regulator is the mechanical part.

Hotsauce
08/15/2009, 04:52 PM
My drivers side window just stalled in the lowered position. it will move up an inch, but no more.

I took the door apart, and the cable that winds around the drum, and pulls the window up and down shreaded a few strands and they birdnested forming a jam.

Undoutably this is due to the extra effort it exerts to lift our poorly aligned windows.

Monday I'll be calling around for a replacement.

John C.

Satch
12/09/2009, 06:20 PM
I got mine at Worldparts.com cost me $69.95 plus shipping it was an isuzu part. hope that helps. Satch

10spro
02/23/2010, 07:58 PM
Mine is shot also.Any idea where to get this VX regulator at a good price or if a regulator from another isuzu model will work?

VX KAT
03/19/2010, 10:20 PM
Mine is shot also.Any idea where to get this VX regulator at a good price or if a regulator from another isuzu model will work?

Here's one on ebay...not sure which side you need....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-2000-2001-99-00-01-Vehicross-WINDOW-REGULATOR-RH_W0QQitemZ330415577787QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_ Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4cee4d9abb#ht _869wt_859