PDA

View Full Version : VX toys

Heraclid
08/02/2003, 03:49 PM
I'm looking for VX toys - R/C , diecast models, transformers... whatever you've got and may be willing to sell, let me know, alright? Thanks!

Joe_Black
08/02/2003, 05:06 PM
There's a ton of that stuff on eBay. I've got a variety of items like the Tamiya model and battery-powered 4X4 models, the mini and mid-sized R/C cars, Hot Wheels, Hongwell-Shuco diecast. Just let me know what you're interested in and if I can't help there are plenty here who can.

P.S. - You comin' to the beach meets?

Heraclid
08/03/2003, 02:38 PM
Well I've been checking Ebay frequently but all I ever see are the plastic model kits, HotWheels, and some of those keychains. I'll pick up a HotWheels VehiCross in silver one of these days, but I'm going more for the Super RoadBot transformer, the R/C ones, larger-than-HotWheels diecast models... more along the lines of what you have... and that stuff hasn't been showing up on Ebay recently, at least not under "Vehicross".

Just saw the beach meets posts yesterday but didn't get around to replying. Yeah, count me in. :-)

Joe_Black
08/03/2003, 03:08 PM
Yeah, some of that stuff comes in cycles. The one guy that sells the R/C car that looks scale will list a batch every three weeks of so. Pretty peppy little toy too! The Tamiya battery powered models look cool and are kinda fun if you ever enjoyed the old Stomper 4X4 toys.

Heraclid
08/04/2003, 03:02 PM
Maybe he sold 'em all. I've been dropping by there often since I got my VX (April 26). Not daily, but enough that if it was up for even just a few days I'd see it. :-(

Hey, so what's on tap for the beach meet? Looking forward to it!

Joe_Black
08/04/2003, 03:22 PM
I'll be sure to give ya a hoot if I see anything interesting along the R/C line.

As for the beach meet, pretty much cruisin' the beach and frolicking in the surf. I'd like to do a run to the Ponce Inlet lighthouse (ulterior motive: photos of massed VX's from lighthouse) and a group dinner somewhere cool. I've got a friend who does some stuff with the speedway that checking into a possible opportunity there, but I'm not holding my breath. I also contacted one of the officers from the Orlando Jeep Club (they have a similar event regularly at New Smyrna) and he said he didn't know of any nearby trails. So no mud! LOL!

Heraclid
08/04/2003, 04:00 PM
The mud was still a lot of fun, but I'll never get rid of it all in the engine bay and even up underneath, so I'm ok with not doing it again. :-) Hopefully the beach will not be a big deal if I keep it out of the wet stuff.

Would be awesome to get these things on a track somewhere without overly steep banks.

I'll try to talk my wife into going along this time.

P.S.- Have seen the 3" diecasts a lot on Ebay, but aren't there bigger ones? I saw something bigger at Wal-Mart years ago - after I saw a VX but way before I had one. I think it was metal and not plastic, anyway. <shrug>