PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Upgrade

Mrmonk7663
09/08/2009, 09:12 PM
Well, I have read about lots of talk with out trannys, mentioning that they are the weak link when supercharging etc etc. Some have looked into 5 speed swaps, but no one really has done one that I can find save for some rally cars with $$$. I found this and it may interest some. I have not dealt with this company but I know of them from the V8 muscle scene. According to their site, perhaps they can help us. Check here http://www.levelten.com/Level_10_PTS_Bullet_Proof_Transmission_p/gmct-gm1800-7000.htm If you look on this page you will see that our tranny, the 4L30E is listed. Anyone have any info on this or has anyone else found a way to allow our tranny to handle more power...? I have no affiliation with this company, I just noticed while searching the boards that some members mentioned they could not find anyone to upgrade our transmission.

Mike

PS...I also came across this....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4L30E-Superior-K4L30-E-Shift-Correction-Package-1990-ON_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQ hashZitem517de86d81QQitemZ350004735361QQptZMotorsQ 5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories and this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4L30E-TransLab-TL-4L30-VALVE-BODY-FIX-KIT-1990-ON_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQ hashZitem517de86d83QQitemZ350004735363QQptZMotorsQ 5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories Input, ideas, comments....let them roll.

WormGod
09/10/2009, 06:52 AM
Never heard. Give them a shout and inquire. Couldn't hurt.

LittleBeast
09/10/2009, 02:01 PM
Yeah after getting screwed by my local Aamco I would definitely give this a try.

circmand
09/11/2009, 07:46 AM
Yeah after getting screwed by my local Aamco I would definitely give this a try.

Over half the cars serviced by AAMCo do not need a new transmission

what they do not say

But we give it to them anyway

Mrmonk7663
09/14/2009, 03:34 PM
I called the Level 10 shop today and the guy told me basically they build each transmission to customer specs, and he can make our transmission handle whatever power level we want it to handle...he was fully aware that it was a 4x4 trans etc. Basically, what this means is that we can upgrade the power on our cars past the stock boost range on the supercharger (for the lucky ones that have them). Now, what I need to find is some forged pistons, crank and rods. Anyone seen a forged rotating assembly for the engine? At the very least I think a rod/piston upgrade could let us go to around 400HP...imagine...a 400HP TOD Vehicross...can you say INSANE!!! That would put you in the same playing field power wise as the new camaros, the VX weighs less than the camaros, and the TOD 4wd....im drooling just thinking about it!!! 12 second 1/4 mile times in a fully equipped offroad vehicle is something short of amazing...this is my new goal haha....Bear in mind the 400hp is just a figure im throwing out. I'm not sure how many cfm the supercharger can flow, and i'm not sure what kind of HP can be extracted from STOCK heads, but i'm sure we can figure it out. And if the supercharger can't flow enough I believe there is a member fabbing a turbo kit for the VX...he has a performance shop or something.

Gussie2000
09/14/2009, 07:05 PM
This sounds appealling to me,on my personal taste our VX's running 300HP is ehough to please me 100% so any thing further is extra.

With robbomaz trying to put together the new S/C system & trans upgraded to this specs any one with the $$$$$ can do any thing.

As of if the camaro weights more then the VX i got to look into that.
The down on the VX is precisely the weight agains powertrain capability

Mrmonk7663
09/14/2009, 07:54 PM
About the weight...I mispoke but not by much. The curb weight on the SS Camaro with an Auto Trans is 3913lbs...The VX curb weight is 3955lbs so weight wise they are extremely close. The Mustang weighs in at almost 500lbs less...which is why it can pretty much run with the camaro even though it has close to 90hp less....anyway...point is with this trans and the power adder options in the works...we have the making of an extremely FUN VX....(and yes I know they are fun already!!!) I had the chance to play extensively with a Toyota Tacoma with the TRD suspension package and their supercharger...this was one of the most fun vehicles I have ever driven...it could go fast on the road and play extremely hard offroad...this is what I hope to do with the VX.

Gussie2000
09/14/2009, 08:08 PM
I guess you did the research pretty well.

I love those camaros,they are pretty atractive looking & looks like GM is appealling to do what they should doen long time ago,built good quality vehicules with outstanding exterior & interior designs.

We all got to wait for robbomaz who's working hard to get the new S/C system together with the new m90 model.